Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-07-2021, 10:30 PM
Banned

Default Halford’s Fur Depot

Did anyone ship or know anyone that shipped their fur to auction through Halford’s this year? I’m just wondering how that outfit is operating these days......good, bad or ugly.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:30 AM

Fellow trapper sold his coyotes through Halfords this year. He felt he was down graded quite significantly and obviously less $$.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:36 PM

Default Halfords Fur Depot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Did anyone ship or know anyone that shipped their fur to auction through Halford’s this year? I’m just wondering how that outfit is operating these days......good, bad or ugly.
I had one coyote left that had some lice damage between the shoulders ( typical spot ) & at the bottom crouch area , not extremely bad but of course you can see it . I decided to hold it back from going in Auction but now maybe I shouldn't have to see if price would be better for that type of pelt . It was washed & combed well , looked pretty good other than the lice damage areas . So I took to Halfords of course knowing it had damage to see the price , when I put the pelt out on the table he looked it over & said mange issue , I soon corrected him & he then said oh yeh , made me think does he know what hes actually looking at when grading . He said oh 15.00 tops , I let it go & didn't want to hold onto it . MY decision , life goes on . I suspect he'll probably get more for it but it won't break me or make him a millonaire . THE PELTS THAT WHERE PILED UP ON THE BARE CONCRETE DIDN'T IMPRESS ME EITHER .
Old 02-08-2021, 12:41 PM
Banned

I was wondering about how the operation for shipping fur to auction was.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:52 PM

Default Halfords Fur Depot

Sorry Dave , don't know about the shipping process there but any indication of the pelts that where piled up on the bare concrete would be enough for me , I don't think all of them where brought in for a quick dollar & some in that pile might be for auction but of course I don't know for sure . Had quite a few in bags piled up in the corner also . I'll still take my furs to the ATA , I like the clean system they have .
Old 02-08-2021, 09:17 PM

I was also wondering if someone over there tag each pelt with a bar code like Betty used to do when Halfords was a NAFA depot.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:40 PM

They used to sell a lot of the hides they bought to NAFA and I would bet that the pile now goes to FHA.
Quick cash now or ship and wait for a bigger check later.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I was wondering about how the operation for shipping fur to auction was.
Looking for a new place to drop off your furs?
Old 02-09-2021, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Fellow trapper sold his coyotes through Halfords this year. He felt he was down graded quite significantly and obviously less $$.
I've heard some plenty crazy happenings from guys that have been there. Seems like this horse is beaten to death, then revived and beaten to death again.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk