Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-29-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
wondering how much your company pension plan or CPP have invested with those hedge funds that we are all so happy to see lose money. Big pension plans (teachers, AHS for example) are all invested in those funds. Most of the Reddit crowd wouldn't be able to make that connection or conceptualize what that even means to them 35 years down the road.
You can't be celebrating sticking it to the man and complaining about your lousy pension cheque when it comes time to collect.
Most mutual funds are hedged behind the curtain to protect the investments, thats what hedge funds do, they are kind of like insurance for the original investment. They can, and often are, managed irresponsibly by high flying fund managers, but if they collapse it does have repercussions to us almost retired folks.
Don't feel too sorry for those hedge funds, yes they are important but lets not pretend they have not had an incredible ride since 2012 and have been riding this wave with the rest of us. They will be fine. They have lots billions in the last week but they have made many more times that in the last 10 years. They made the rules so they can play by the rules. Next time don't try to short stocks to make a quick buck. Pretty simple.

Most in the reddit crowd are not worried about their non-existing company pension anyways. Outside of the public sector how many of us even have a company pension? I'm pretty sure I am one of the lucky few. Asking about the company pension in a job interview will get you laughed out of the room. One of the reason these trading sites are so popular is because most of us in that 20-40 range have to either have our retirement money managed at the bank or you can do it yourself. I'm in that mid 30's range and I can assure in my crowd we are all very aware how this could play out. But like most people we are just trying to squirrel away enough money to hopefully retire.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjolg123 View Post
Not true AMC is far better off and is actually recovering financially due to this run up, they are opening theatres as of today and will likely recover and be above the current price in a year or so. AMC however hasnt had the squeeze that GME did and it likely will Monday now that many of the short options expired today.
With the most recent developments, in particular Silver Lake converting their debt to equity, and another share issuance, you are right, they, not necessarily, but may actually be alright this year. I didn’t know about it when I made that post yesterday. They are still close to 5 billion in debt and they were in trouble before the pandemic as well. And this pandemic is actually a blimp in their decline over the past few years. See for yourself:

No matter how you look at it, this run was obviously asinine. Like I said, those who took a short the day before yesterday near the peak were not wrong to do so and surely did well. Just my opinion, of course.

Edit: I will also add this here:

Back in February, when we entered the pandemic, AMC had about 104M of outstanding shares. They are close to 340 million now.

Quote:
Whats criminal in all this is the manipulation by these stock brokers and hedge funds, shorting stocks then having them restricted completely for buying. Even today limiting the purchase of penny stocks even, once that had actual news to go up, only to have the purchase quantities limited to 1200 for example.. yet all these limited stocks have giant percentages of shorts involved.

Its nice to see robin hood get throttled and likely go under from this, was a awful platform to begin with.
We will see what happens, but not everything is always what it seems. Here is a quote from a Reuters article from earlier today:

Now Robinhood has had to grab more than $1 billion of new capital from existing investors – a group including Sequoia Capital and Ribbit Capital – and draw $500 million of credit lines. Trading by its users squeezed its own resources. There are limits on what brokers can do with client money until trades settle, sometimes days later, and in the meantime they have to maintain their own capital, keep deposits with clearing firms, and so on.

That, rather than a Wall Street conspiracy to steal from Robinhood’s customers, is the best explanation for restrictions placed on GameStop and other trading on Thursday by Robinhood and rival brokers, tanking the affected shares. After the platform scaled down stock-trading limits, GameStop opened up nearly another 100% on Friday.

Last edited by fishnguy; 01-29-2021 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
Watching billionaire's and these scummy hedge funds get absolutely wrecked is such a feel good story. I thought these hedge funds would of learnt their lesson after losing something like 38 billion in 2020 trying to short Tesla.
B.S. Nothing wrong with taking a short position, within reason. If you think no one is shorting this run, you are wrong. Are you saying you wouldn’t short a stock that you thought was way overpriced?

Moreover, some billionaires get wrecked, others thrive. Here are two of many examples:

1. Buyout firm Silver Lake disclosed on Friday that it sold its stake in AMC Entertainment Holdings for $713 million this week, capitalizing on a 10-fold rise in the price of the shares as traders organizing on social media platforms such as Reddit snapped them up.

The trade puts Silver Lake and its co-investors in the black following a $600 million convertible bond investment that the private equity firm made in AMC in 2018. Such an outcome looked unlikely when AMC, the world’s largest movie theater chain, was battling to stave off bankruptcy last summer, a move it avoided thanks to a debt restructuring deal with Silver Lake and its creditors.

2. GameStop Corp. GME disclosed early Thursday that one of its largest shareholders, South Korea–based MUST Asset Management Inc., no longer held any shares of the videogame and consumer electronics retailer’s shares.

MUST had previously owned 3.3 million shares, or about 4.7% of all shares outstanding, which made it GameStop’s ninth largest shareholder, according to data provided by FactSet.

The 3.3 million–share stake was first disclosed before the March 20, 2020, opening bell, when it represented 5% of GameStop shares outstanding.

GameStop’s stock had closed on March 19, 2020, at $4.19, which means 3.3 million shares would be worth about $13.8 million. At Wednesday’s closing price of $347.51, those 3.3 million shares would be worth $1.15 billion, representing an increase of about $1.13 billion.

Wall Street isn’t loosing. If there will be some regulations coming their way after this, then maybe. My guess is “rerail” investors will loose to in that case.

Then there are all kinds of executives cashing in on this, etc.

And then there are these little guys with “buy more” and “hold no matter what”, many of whom will loose their savings once this thing runs its course. For example:

And many other examples, people saying they put their college funds into it, retirement funds, etc.

Now here is NOK:

Is it still going places? Lol. Who knows, maybe there will be another run and they will recoup their losses.

Here is another guy with Blackberry stock:

Where do you think BB is going to end? Just where NOK is and where the rest of them will be.

Anyway, I think it is a pretty limited view you are taking. One’s buck feeds another. Some hedge funds lost, other hedge funds won. Some regular guys won, many others lost and more will loose. No doubt about it.

And the fact that absolute majority have no clue what they are doing is fascinating, really. Most comments on reddit are completely ridiculous, I mean really out there. This one was probably my favorite:

Here is another one, which is mot in the same league as the one above, but still:

Comments like that are abundant. Especially if you take the “to the moon” and “hold” stuff out.

I believe lots of it was made possible by this:

Edit: Having said all that, I actually feel dumb for missing the ride. I should have followed more closely from the beginning.

Last edited by fishnguy; 01-30-2021 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
wondering how much your company pension plan or CPP have invested with those hedge funds that we are all so happy to see lose money....
Some have cashed in:

Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan sold $497.4 million worth of stock it owned in U.S. shopping mall owner Macerich Co this week, regulatory filings showed.

Here is Macerich:

I am sure they weren’t the only one.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
B.S. Nothing wrong with taking a short position, within reason. If you think no one is shorting this run, you are wrong. Are you saying you wouldn’t short a stock that you thought was way overpriced?

Moreover, some billionaires get wrecked, others thrive. Here are two of many examples:

1. Buyout firm Silver Lake disclosed on Friday that it sold its stake in AMC Entertainment Holdings for $713 million this week, capitalizing on a 10-fold rise in the price of the shares as traders organizing on social media platforms such as Reddit snapped them up.

The trade puts Silver Lake and its co-investors in the black following a $600 million convertible bond investment that the private equity firm made in AMC in 2018. Such an outcome looked unlikely when AMC, the world’s largest movie theater chain, was battling to stave off bankruptcy last summer, a move it avoided thanks to a debt restructuring deal with Silver Lake and its creditors.

2. GameStop Corp. GME disclosed early Thursday that one of its largest shareholders, South Korea–based MUST Asset Management Inc., no longer held any shares of the videogame and consumer electronics retailer’s shares.

MUST had previously owned 3.3 million shares, or about 4.7% of all shares outstanding, which made it GameStop’s ninth largest shareholder, according to data provided by FactSet.

The 3.3 million–share stake was first disclosed before the March 20, 2020, opening bell, when it represented 5% of GameStop shares outstanding.

GameStop’s stock had closed on March 19, 2020, at $4.19, which means 3.3 million shares would be worth about $13.8 million. At Wednesday’s closing price of $347.51, those 3.3 million shares would be worth $1.15 billion, representing an increase of about $1.13 billion.

Wall Street isn’t loosing. If there will be some regulations coming their way after this, then maybe. My guess is “rerail” investors will loose to in that case.

Then there are all kinds of executives cashing in on this, etc.

And then there are these little guys with “buy more” and “hold no matter what”, many of whom will loose their savings once this thing runs its course. For example:

And many other examples, people saying they put their college funds into it, retirement funds, etc.

Now here is NOK:

Is it still going places? Lol. Who knows, maybe there will be another run and they will recoup their losses.

Here is another guy with Blackberry stock:

Where do you think BB is going to end? Just where NOK is and where the rest of them will be.

Anyway, I think it is a pretty limited view you are taking. One’s buck feeds another. Some hedge funds lost, other hedge funds won. Some regular guys won, many others lost and more will loose. No doubt about it.

And the fact that absolute majority have no clue what they are doing is fascinating, really. Most comments on reddit are completely ridiculous, I mean really out there. This one was probably my favorite:

Here is another one, which is mot in the same league as the one above, but still:

Comments like that are abundant. Especially if you take the “to the moon” and “hold” stuff out.

I believe lots of it was made possible by this:

Edit: Having said all that, I actually feel dumb for missing the ride. I should have followed more closely from the beginning.
I can only give a short response right now but to answer your first question, no I would not short a stock. It is risky to have basically have unlimited downside if the stock goes the other way. I would rather just invest in good and forward thinking company and have an absolute worst case of losing my intitial investment. I’m still somewhat new to investing and the whole concept of basically betting against a company, I don’t see the value in that. I do agree there will be more regulations coming down the pipe. They will NOT favour the average joe, I can guarantee you that.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I can only give a short response right now but to answer your first question, no I would not short a stock. It is risky to have basically have unlimited downside if the stock goes the other way. I would rather just invest in good and forward thinking company and have an absolute worst case of losing my intitial investment. I’m still somewhat new to investing and the whole concept of basically betting against a company, I don’t see the value in that. I do agree there will be more regulations coming down the pipe. They will NOT favour the average joe, I can guarantee you that.

I think most people, in general, find that betting and promoting a company’s demise is distasteful at best. And in the bigger picture, is there any benefit to society (or the economy) as a whole? I can’t see it. Hard to get behind these predatory Wall Street guys... Live by the sword, die by the sword.

(On the other hand, the retail investors might be wise to listen to Harrison Ford... you don’t bring a sword to a gunfight!)
Old 01-30-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Can you not put a stop loss buy order on a short and limit a loss?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-30-2021, 04:53 PM

I missed GME train but I got some Blackberry stonks before TD put a limit of 10 shares per buy (talking about free trade and market manipulation, eh?).

At least I am supporting a Canadian company.

Apes together strong.
Old 01-31-2021, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post

I think most people, in general, find that betting and promoting a company’s demise is distasteful at best. And in the bigger picture, is there any benefit to society (or the economy) as a whole? I can’t see it. Hard to get behind these predatory Wall Street guys... Live by the sword, die by the sword.

(On the other hand, the retail investors might be wise to listen to Harrison Ford... you don’t bring a sword to a gunfight!)
The most obvious value shorts bring to the market is liquidity and efficiency.

It is an interesting perspective to look at it as betting against the company. Another perspective is betting against other investors. Reasonable investors rely on some knowledge base (their own or their advisors’) and some information they (or their advisors) are privileged to. When someone finds holes in others’ decision, has better knowledge, or privileged to better (includes faster) information, I would expect that someone to take advantage of all and any of that. I don’t see it as betting against the company. I see it as betting other guys who overvalued the company’s real worth. And that, in turn, makes the market more efficient.

The basic idea of stock market is to make profit. Does it really matter if that profit comes from a rise or a decline of any particular equity? If it hits the news that Tesla missed the delivery and production targets in the third quarter, for example, but I am privileged to receive the news mere minutes before many others, how is it wrong for me to hit the market, borrow some shares and sell them before the drop in price? On the other end, if it hits the news that Tesla has exceeded the production and delivery targets in the next quarter and I hit the market and buy some shares before the rise. Are the two scenarios any different?

Furthermore, the unlimited downside of a stock going the wrong way is equally risky on both ends, whether going up or down. Take this situation with GME, for example. Every single person buying in now to hold is going to loose if they follow through with their strategy. There is no other way about it (hopefully we all can see that). Many of those who short, on the other hand, will win. In this example they are simply betting against people who have no clue for the most part. The company has nothing to with it. In fact, no matter what the company does in this case, their shares will never appreciate that much naturally. This graph will probably help understand why that is the case (shows their value since they went public):

Now take this example and scale it down by a factor of 10 or even 100. Does that change a perspective for a short seller? Not really. There is less money to be made because the players are better educated on the subject and more informed, but the rest is still true.

By definition, a short is to be closed by some certain deadline in the near future. That on its own suggests that no one is betting against the company and wants it to fail. Companies do not fail in such a short period of time. If they do, they were bound to fail regardless of what short sellers do. Therefore, those short sellers are betting against other investors who are investing in a failed business (in the context of a business that is about to fail). If the business is not failing, it just keeps going regardless of the share price on any given day. The price adjusts accordingly while investors try to figure out what that business is really worth.

I will throw in one more example. With this last downturn, some people sold just before, others held through, etc. Let’s say I sold on Friday before the crash on Monday because I saw what was coming and then bought back in at the low or somewhere about that. Does it make it any different if I sold the interest I held or the interest I borrowed?

Just to note, I specifically mentioned in my previous post “within reason”. Predatory trading can work in both ways, long or short. Because short sellers are portrayed as savages feeding on the weak and ruining businesses and whatnot, it doesn’t necessarily make them such. It is just part of the game and it actually does add value, regardless of whether everyone sees it or not. Maybe they even keep some people honest, lol.

I guess I should also note, I am not a short seller, lol. I also do not mind a hedge fund or two taken out of business. Yet, I do expect another one or two stepping in to take the void (funny enough, could be with the same managers). Short selling isn’t going to stop and it is even taking place as the “losers” are dumping their money thinking they are fighting the good fight to “squeeze” it.

Last edited by fishnguy; 01-31-2021 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-31-2021, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Surely that is what the dudes that the reddit crew is “fighting” against did.

Wouldn’t it be funny if the same people who bet against the GME at $40 expecting to buy at $20 took their losses and bet the same stock at $450 just to cash in at $225? And then again at $350 to cash in at $180? And so on.

People fighting the good fight never really thought it through, it seems. Some are getting rich though, including the short sellers they are fighting against; but also those buying long post market and dumping it first thing at the open the next day. Check the charts, that is exactly what is happening, imo.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I guess but I don't think it would be very efficient if you held a large position in something super volatile. IDK.

From reading about the story this is kinda what I understand about what caused the huge runup.

What some of the people short did was buy out of the money call options as a hedge on their short position. The dealers on the other side of those option trades have to also hedge their side by buying a certain amount of the shares. The amount of stock they have to buy goes up the closer the stock price gets to being in the money. Not only that, but there were a few smart retail guys that also had large positions in cheap far out of the money call options well in advance of the rally. These guys were looking at the amount of short interest in the stock and betting on a short squeeze happening well in advance.

Now enter the fact that amount of GME shares sold short was something like 150% of the shares available and you get the craziness in the market like we had last week. There simply were not enough shares to go around once the short squeeze got going. There's a huge demand for the shares buy the dealers hedging positions on these call options which is growing exponentially as the stock climbs (a gamma squeeze). There is huge demand from the short sellers who are loosing hand over fist and need to close out positions. Couple that with the RH crowd who are colluding to not sell. The stock price has absolutely nothing to do with fundamentals, it has become a huge financial plumbing issue.

Enter the trading platforms, Robin Hood et al, who stopped trading in the stock. That's where it gets sleazy. These guys are in bed with the dealers and market front runners, the hedge funds etc. Seems like this is going to cause a bit of a crap storm figuring out what to do about it. The underlying error is in the ability of the market to lend out more of the float than actually exists.

The RH crowd is betting on other stocks with extreme levels of short interest as well as silver? Gonna be an interesting week ahead.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:32 AM

From what I can figure out,,, AMC is next to be played by the Wallstreet bets group of “apes”. I’m going to get in on some just for supporting the cause. It’s not expensive now either,,, we’ll see
Old 01-31-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
I guess but I don't think it would be very efficient if you held a large position in something super volatile. IDK.
Do you think the hedge guys of all didn’t see what is happening and where it is going once the ball started rolling? I could be wrong, but I don’t see them not closing early last week.

Quote:
From reading about the story this is kinda what I understand about what caused the huge runup.

What some of the people short did was buy out of the money call options as a hedge on their short position. The dealers on the other side of those option trades have to also hedge their side by buying a certain amount of the shares. The amount of stock they have to buy goes up the closer the stock price gets to being in the money. Not only that, but there were a few smart retail guys that also had large positions in cheap far out of the money call options well in advance of the rally. These guys were looking at the amount of short interest in the stock and betting on a short squeeze happening well in advance.

Now enter the fact that amount of GME shares sold short was something like 150% of the shares available and you get the craziness in the market like we had last week. There simply were not enough shares to go around once the short squeeze got going. There's a huge demand for the shares buy the dealers hedging positions on these call options which is growing exponentially as the stock climbs (a gamma squeeze). There is huge demand from the short sellers who are loosing hand over fist and need to close out positions. Couple that with the RH crowd who are colluding to not sell. The stock price has absolutely nothing to do with fundamentals, it has become a huge financial plumbing issue.

Enter the trading platforms, Robin Hood et al, who stopped trading in the stock. That's where it gets sleazy. These guys are in bed with the dealers and market front runners, the hedge funds etc. Seems like this is going to cause a bit of a crap storm figuring out what to do about it. The underlying error is in the ability of the market to lend out more of the float than actually exists.

The RH crowd is betting on other stocks with extreme levels of short interest as well as silver? Gonna be an interesting week ahead.
Agree with this. I just don’t see the endgame here. What is it? I think the only losers left in the game are the reddit crew. Everyone else is going to make money off them from this point on.

AMC has more than tripled their shares outstanding since October and more than doubled since December. Whoever throws their money at it hoping for the same effect are going to loose, IMO. AMC will be the next NOK, which I mentioned above.

There is nothing in the same league as GME. They were one of a kind.
Old 01-31-2021, 02:53 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (23.4 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-31-2021, 03:00 PM

An article that talks a bit about the losses some hedge funds took so far: https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2A00NI
Old 01-31-2021, 03:02 PM

And this is a pretty great video for a good laugh:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T0HxIkXj49E
Old 01-31-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Do you think the hedge guys of all didn’t see what is happening and where it is going once the ball started rolling? I could be wrong, but I don’t see them not closing early last week.

Agree with this. I just don’t see the endgame here. What is it? I think the only losers left in the game are the reddit crew. Everyone else is going to make money off them from this point on.

AMC has more than tripled their shares outstanding since October and more than doubled since December. Whoever throws their money at it hoping for the same effect are going to loose, IMO. AMC will be the next NOK, which I mentioned above.

I disagree i think this week you see a squeeze in AMC and itll go up i also think you will see GME take off again assuming brokers aren't limited sales. That being said when these stocks do correct there is going to be alot of bag holders and many of the groups attacking are lead by people that are smart enough to get out whereas the casual retail investor will be stuck holding the bag in the end because of FOMO
Old 01-31-2021, 04:21 PM

I think is silver is going to go to new high!

Last edited by badbrass; 01-31-2021 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrass View Post
LOL. To the moon 🚀
Old 01-31-2021, 05:18 PM

^ Lol.

Quote:
I disagree i think this week you see a squeeze in AMC and itll go up i also think you will see GME take off again assuming brokers aren't limited sales. That being said when these stocks do correct there is going to be alot of bag holders and many of the groups attacking are lead by people that are smart enough to get out whereas the casual retail investor will be stuck holding the bag in the end because of FOMO
FOMO sure is yuge with this one, lol.

We will see what happens. Here is an article at Seeking Alpha, however credible they are explaining why it isn’t going to happen: AMC: The Fallacy Of The Infinity Squeeze

I am sure it will pump up a bit more before crashing back down. Not sure enough to put anything in it though. I’ll probably watch from the sidelines. Also, there are more shorted stocks out there after AMC issued more shares, which it seems no one is taking into account.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:

I wish I was smart enough to know. I thinks the HODL’s will eventually get killed as there is no way a 1 billion$ company is going to remain valued at 30 billion$ , or whatever it’s at, forever. The short interest will come back to a normal level and the stock will tank. Whether it happens tomorrow or next week is unknown but it will happen. I don’t know what will happen with these other stocks with high levels of short interest. Maybe GME is a one off like you think.

The left tail risk is that perhaps this will expose some systematic weakness in the system and the fallout from this spreads into something bigger. Maybe the RHers have enough firepower and through the power of social media are able to orchestrate more of these squeezes in other stocks or assets. Maybe the Government or Fed has to get involved.

Or perhaps this event may just go down as one of those odd footnotes in history. Kinda like Herzt last year. Either way it should be interesting to watch.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrass View Post
The futures looking bright!
Old 01-31-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I wish I was smart enough to know.
Haha. Tell me about it. I am sailing the same ship

Good insights. We will see what happens. Hertz was a claster**** of a story.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:51 AM

Keep your EYE Silver stocks today.

There is rumor WSBs is going to short squeeze Silver.

Speculators from around the Globe are piling into Silver and Shorted Miners in anticipation.

It was such a sharp rise. Coin dealers cancelled all orders around the Globe.

Silver is up over $2 since opening in Asia.

IF huge speculators buy when New York opens or WSBs starts piling into Silver or Shorted miners we could see silver make parabolic move like 2011.....but this time it's likely going to $100.

First Majestic FR. is most heavily shorted Silver miners.

The 2nd is Mckewen which is Gold/Silver/Copper. MUX.

You might want to watch those 2 names this A M.

Going to be a wild ride.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:49 AM

Here comes the All time high silver....
Old 02-01-2021, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Here comes the All time high silver....
Silver stackers from 2012.....till NOW!

Old 02-01-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 mag View Post
Silver stackers from 2012.....till NOW!

Been averaging down since 2012 ...
Old 02-01-2021, 10:55 AM

What's interesting to me is that on an unrelated discord I am a member quite a few of them have been members of WSB for a while. At least a year. Woke up this morning to them laughing saying CNBC is promoting a squeeze on Silver but WSB is saying stay away from it. Lots of people are going to lose a lot of money.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
What's interesting to me is that on an unrelated discord I am a member quite a few of them have been members of WSB for a while. At least a year. Woke up this morning to them laughing saying CNBC is promoting a squeeze on Silver but WSB is saying stay away from it. Lots of people are going to lose a lot of money.
The moves in Silver since Thursday are speculators "positioning" and "shorts" starting to cover.

I wouldn't rule anything out

But IF the WSBs gets stuck holding the bag on GME....you might not see anything else until they get their next round of stimmy checks.

I did see all the posts on WSBs saying to ignore silver and stick with GME.

30 million volume today

Have to watch what short interest drops to for tommorow.

Still showing 63 million shorts

The thing about shorting IF you get caught offside you could go bankrupt.

So IF there is ANY major uptick in Silver and the miners they will scramble to sell.

The Silver rally faded on Friday because Robinhood put trade restrictions on anything "Silver" and 50% of brokers went down or had outages

Call it a coincidence but I think market makers had the plug pulled Friday in order to start covering....

Robinhood never had restrictions on Sells....only Buys.

So that's why they are now the recipient of at least 6 Class Action Lawsuits filed in last 2 business days.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:38 AM

Well it looks like the GME et al bubble has popped. Hopefully anyone on here who was in got out with some profits.