Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
People can complain all they want about the parties and leaders, but we know that Trudeau or Singh will take our firearms as soon as they can, so if Otoole delays this process, he is the best option that firearms owners have right now. So do you want to hand over your firearms now, or at least keep them long enough for the parties or leaders to change?
My firearms will never be handed over. If its today or tomorrow makes no difference. Without otoole enshrining firearms as rights it is irrelevant if the rues change today or tomorrow. Quit voting for a government that truly doesn't support you and vote for a Libertarian government that will see your right of property.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
It’s about winning the election. Do what ever it’s takes. Get Trudeau out.
If you think O’Toole or most politicians wouldn’t do the same thing to get elected or to stay in power, your dreaming.

For every politician I have ever met from any party it’s all about getting power or keeping power and they will set their sail whichever way they think the wind is blowing.

Last edited by Flatlandliver; 02-26-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
My firearms will never be handed over. If its today or tomorrow makes no difference. Without otoole enshrining firearms as rights it is irrelevant if the rues change today or tomorrow. Quit voting for a government that truly doesn't support you and vote for a Libertarian government that will see your right of property.
For the next election, there are two two parties that can win, there is no party that will make firearms ownership a right.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:56 AM

[QUOTE=elkhunter11;4338550]For the next election, there are two two parties that can win, there is no party that will make firearms ownership a right.

Right now the liberal government is in power to take your guns away, the story Otoole is saying if we are the new government in 2021, we will not take your guns away, thats how I see this, good thing the senses people are asking the public to work this spring, looks like we are heading to a election this fall.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
For the next election, there are two two parties that can win, there is no party that will make firearms ownership a right.
Bingo,

Unless your position or interest comes with votes or influence over votes, you are hooped.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=nimrod;4338552]
Quote:

Right now the liberal government is in power to take your guns away, the story Otoole is saying if we are the new government in 2021, we will not take your guns away, thats how I see this, good thing the senses people are asking the public to work this spring, looks like we are heading to a election this fall.
Otoole would say he would turn the sky red if he thought that would get him elected. He is trying to establish a alternative which is a good thing, but he needs a lot more support then gun owners and the gun lobby.
The gun lobby needs to work on the anti’s as much as working on politicians. Make the antis understand they should be scared of criminals with guns, not every gun owner.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandliver View Post
The gun lobby needs to work on the anti’s as much as working on politicians. Make the antis understand they should be scared of criminals with guns, not every gun owner.
Ya, good luck with that.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
The west will never be able to separate by voting for a separating party in a federal election. To try to do so is foolish. It must be done by having a provincial party elected with that mandate.
Can you please tell me what federal party is the separatist party?
Old 02-26-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Ya, good luck with that.
True.

So what’s the solution?

It ain’t whining on AO, and it’s not blaming one political party brother.

Damn sad and frustrating.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:33 AM

Read somewhere that C-21 is heading for second reading tomorrow. Given the current progress could one assume this may pass by the spring?

Found above article on another site.......
tomorrow referring today

I cannot find confirmation on this!
true or false
Am I sucking wind here can someone confirm this????

My blood is just boiling!!!!
Old 02-26-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
Right now there is not one.
Old 02-26-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lab View Post
The Maverick Party, with Jay Hill currently at the helm until they elect a leader.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-26-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Right now there is not one.
Yes, there is. Maverick Party.

https://www.maverickparty.ca/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-26-2021, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertip View Post
Read somewhere that C-21 is heading for second reading tomorrow. Given the current progress could one assume this may pass by the spring?

Found above article on another site.......
tomorrow referring today

I cannot find confirmation on this!
true or false
Am I sucking wind here can someone confirm this????

My blood is just boiling!!!!

Yes, they had second reading today, I watched part of it until I couldn't stomach any more. Shannon Stubbs gave the spurs to Bill Blair, even used the word 'friggin' for which the libs and speaker chastised her. I'm sure it's uploaded to YouTube already. It is. Here.

https://youtu.be/s5OVRoGAwxY

Old 02-26-2021, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yes, there is. Maverick Party.

https://www.maverickparty.ca/
As in my original post. If you want to separate you need to do it by running with that platform in a provincial election. Trying to do it in a federal will not work. If a province elects a party running with separation platform in a provincial election has to be the first step to be taken seriously.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
As in my original post. If you want to separate you need to do it by running with that platform in a provincial election. Trying to do it in a federal will not work. If a province elects a party running with separation platform in a provincial election has to be the first step to be taken seriously.
We have a provincial party as well, the Wildrose Independence Party. But the Bloc is that Federal party that has got the most grease for QC for squeaking the loudest. Not a provincial party. Personally, I think if we had **both** gain traction in the next elections, it will get some attention. That's a start.

Old 02-26-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I disagree. In the next election there is only one government that can form a government; they have already begun banning firearms.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
The Maverick Party, with Jay Hill currently at the helm until they elect a leader.
Thank you.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:06 PM

Quote:
We have a provincial party as well, the Wildrose Independence Party. But the Bloc is that Federal party that has got the most grease for QC for squeaking the loudest. Not a provincial party. Personally, I think if we had **both** gain traction in the next elections, it will get some attention. That's a start.
The Parti Québécois is a provincial separatist party and they run on that platform. The Bloc did not run on a separation program. Trudeau will do everything he can to encourage federal separation parties in the West. He knows that will split conservative votes. Dividing the vote will only help the liberals, NDP and Greens. What is it going to say voting for a Federal separatist party and you wind up being represented by a Liberal MP. Electing a provincial party that runs on a separate platform sends a whole new message.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:34 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
The Parti Québécois is a provincial separatist party and they run on that platform. The Bloc did not run on a separation program. Trudeau will do everything he can to encourage federal separation parties in the West. He knows that will split conservative votes. Dividing the vote will only help the liberals, NDP and Greens. What is it going to say voting for a Federal separatist party and you wind up being represented by a Liberal MP. Electing a provincial party that runs on a separate platform sends a whole new message.
BINGO!!!

Nice to see some actually get it!

Thanks!
Nog
Old 02-26-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Right, my mistake conflating the Bloc and Parti. Some days I'm typing without thinking.

But I still don't care about 'vote splitting'. I'm not voting CPC, LPC, NDP, PPC, and maybe not Maverick either if they don't get their poop together and get a proper leader. The party name itself is just plain goofy.

If I end up with a Liberal MP, maybe we can get some pork from the trough at least. My Conservative MP seems pretty useless to me.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:44 PM

Default C-21 second reading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H6nhJc3i00
Old 02-26-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
BINGO!!!

Nice to see some actually get it!

Thanks!
Nog
True, that’s what Castro Jr. wants. Does it really matter anymore? Even if the WRP didn’t exist, you still believe the CPC would take it? Doubtful, the last election showed that in colours. Hands down Jr. should have lost (on ethics alone). Why not support a party that actually aligns with your values because you know that the game is rigged.

On a provincial level, the only way Kenney could ever win my support back would be to finally stop being a limp phallus with the feds and stop trying to please the left, it’s a lost cause, they’re not going to vote for him anyway.
Old 02-26-2021, 05:53 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
... Why not support a party that actually aligns with your values because you know that the game is rigged.
Because I simply want shed of True Dummy, and none of what you and the others here suggest will do that.

Reality.

Period.

Nog
Old 02-26-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Because I simply want shed of True Dummy, and none of what you and the others here suggest will do that.

Reality.

Period.

Nog
Hahahahahahaha. This coming from the guy preaching of delusions. Were you saying the same thing during the last election? How did that turn out? You don’t want the conservative vote split; start voting for a conservative. Why do you think one atom right of Justin is conservative? Trudeau is PM for at least a dozen years minimum. If AB elects liberals maybe you (well Albertans actually) may see that we truly are in trouble and try to salvage something with separation.

You want to get rid of trudeau quit talking to me. The people you need to talk to live in the worst places on earth. Vancouver, Toronto, Victoria, Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec City. Those hell holes are who elects trudeau, not I. No matter who I vote for. Trying to convince me to vote for your liberal du jour will do nothing to unseat trudeau.

Reality.

Period.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:15 PM

Quote:

Reality.

Period.

Nog
Must be nice to have hope (I don’t mean offence). It’s a nice place to be and I used to be there too. I just don’t see the conservatives ever forming power again (not for a lack of trying), it’s just how the system is built.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Right, my mistake conflating the Bloc and Parti. Some days I'm typing without thinking.

But I still don't care about 'vote splitting'. I'm not voting CPC, LPC, NDP, PPC, and maybe not Maverick either if they don't get their poop together and get a proper leader. The party name itself is just plain goofy.

If I end up with a Liberal MP, maybe we can get some pork from the trough at least. My Conservative MP seems pretty useless to me.
I am thinking the Bloc has preformed prey well for Quebec. I think they will take a few more liberal seats. They just may unite with the conservatives in a minority. They do not have much use for Trudeau.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:

Reality.

Period.

Nog
Scheer ran on that exact platform and look where it got him.

If someone has a majority of actual conservative values, they will not vote CPC. There is nothing right wing in that party anymore beyond the name.

If someone simply wants "not Trudeau" and is ready to accept that they will still have a left wing government, have at 'er.

Reality.

Period.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:41 PM

Otoole or Trudeau? The media is our government now.

Last edited by 59whiskers; 02-27-2021 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post
Scheer ran on that exact platform and look where it got him.

If someone has a majority of actual conservative values, they will not vote CPC. There is nothing right wing in that party anymore beyond the name.

If someone simply wants "not Trudeau" and is ready to accept that they will still have a left wing government, have at 'er.

Reality.

Period.
Correct, and the funny thing is that by trying to attract swing voters, they’re loosing the base (this is Kenney’s main problem). The “swing” voters I know already hate him and the CPC on the federal level. This will NOT change. You can hope all you want, but the game is over. May as well vote for the party that best reflects your values. The sooner we rip the bandaid off, the better.
Closed Thread