Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2021, 07:28 PM

Default Heated Gloves

Anyone have a recommendation for electrically heated gloves? I've tried a few, but none seemed built for our winters and my old arthritic hands.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:02 PM

Look up power in motion.
Gloves made in Calgary.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:30 AM

I have a vest made by Fired Up in Ontario. Very warm as I use it in my tree stand in the spring and fall bow hunting.
I have not tried their gloves but just giving you another option .

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2021, 06:16 AM

what task are you trying to perform?

I've never used the electric gloves, but spending 10-12 hours on the rig floor running controls - I used leather Dakota pigskin 1 finger gauntlet plus heat packs from Costco. Result is sufficient enough for me to have other body parts needing more attention.
Obviously if you need manual dexterity to perform certain tasks it may be a bit bulky; that's why I am asking what are you trying to achieve.

https://www.marks.com/en/dakota-work...5Bcolor%5D=TAN
Old 02-24-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilngas View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for electrically heated gloves? I've tried a few, but none seemed built for our winters and my old arthritic hands.
I feel your pain;
I never did find the perfect pair....I was surprised at the cost...make sure you research them as there are some very poorly made ones that are expensive...poor battery life as well....Some mitts you can not buy a back-up battery either.... Buyer Be Aware ..

As for battery socks, I would have to buy bigger boots another added expense....
Good luck

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...battery+gloves

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.

Last edited by graybeard; 02-24-2021 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:10 AM

ak77; The primary tasks will be just general living, walk dog, shovel snow etc. I don't do much late season hunting or fishing any more just tooo much pain, but it would be nice if I could use gloves for mid Nov. Prairie deer / moose.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilngas View Post
ak77; The primary tasks will be just general living, walk dog, shovel snow etc. I don't do much late season hunting or fishing any more just tooo much pain, but it would be nice if I could use gloves for mid Nov. Prairie deer / moose.
In that case i stand by my idea. Those mitts have plenty of room on the inside, the fact that it's s mitt, and not the glove, let's you keep your fingers together (warmer); those heat packets are cheap and compact (i got a box from Costco at the beginning of the season, you can palm one when shoveling or walking the dog, and push it over to the side if it gets in the way. Could be a bit bulky for shooting, i haven't tried it, but maybe not. If you checked the link you'd see it has an index finger separate, could be just enough to pull the trigger.

In my opinion, a glove will always lose to a mitt as far as keeping your hands/fingers warm.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
Look up power in motion.
Gloves made in Calgary.
x2 - mine work very well
Old 02-24-2021, 10:08 PM

I ski a lot in really cold weather and have tried all different combos.
heated gloves are really expensive and not much better than good insulated ones.
Warmest I have had so far are Black Diamond Mercury mitt ( $120) and when it gets real cold ( -35) throw in a heat pack from Costco.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:01 AM

I have been looking at heated gloves for a while but the price is putting me off. I think what I will try next is hot packs, not in the glove but in the wrist of the jacket.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:52 AM

Thank you for the good ideas!!!

I think what you have helped with is; I need / want a good pair of heated mitts and to supplement those on our few really cold days with heat packs.

I also need / want a pair of heated gloves, for most of our winter days, driving etc. and the nights that arthritis pain is really bad. I'll try the Calgary Eau Clair shop, Power in Motion for the gloves.

Again Thanks for all the tips and help.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:12 PM

I believe Power in Motion sells both heated heavy gloves, and glove liners. The glove liners are fine by themselves for driving or light duty, and thin enough to shoot a rifle with. I bought a pair of unlined elk-hide gloves made by a guy on this forum, to wear over the heated liners. They are tough, can be quickly shed for shooting, and 'gauntlet length' to cover the long cuffs on the Power in Motion liners.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:16 PM

ORORO Canada - New way of staying warm

check out this website not sure about gloves but the vests and hoodie jackets are awesome
Old 02-25-2021, 07:26 PM

I think Milwaukee has a line of heated gloves now have there hoodie but haven't tried there gloves