Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 02:19 PM

For the life of me, I can't understand how anybody thinks the O'Toole 'conservative' brand is going to win an election and form government, even if they do get all the 'gimme' votes from the prairies (they always get those and take them for granted, they don't have to work for them). And if by some miracle of heaven they actually managed even a minority, what do you have?

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/chr...ot-unjustified

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-06-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
For the life of me, I can't understand how anybody thinks the O'Toole 'conservative' brand is going to win an election and form government, even if they do get all the 'gimme' votes from the prairies (they always get those and take them for granted, they don't have to work for them). And if by some miracle of heaven they actually managed even a minority, what do you have?

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/chr...ot-unjustified
Otoole is trying to attract swing voters, which could work in theory since Castro Jr abandoned the centre. In fact, this is what those who still support the CPC are hanging their hat on. Problem is that many of the “base” don’t like this shift (myself included) and are looking to cast their vote to the right of centre. This is the same plight Kenney is dealing with. By trying to please everyone, he’s ****ed everyone off.

This could turn out to be a short term win for Otoole (and the party), but it will be short lived as the core base realizes the party doesn’t reflect their values and only care about being “in seat”.

With the cards stacked, and Otoole looking out for himself, I’ll be supporting other parties that better reflect my values. Things will stay the same if we keep planning on just voting for the slightly lesser of two evils. Time for a change.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:53 PM

Well said. ^ I completely agree, it's time to start voting for a party or person that represents your views, and stop voting for a label that isn't even accurate anymore.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-06-2021, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
It got him more votes than any of the other parties.
And I'll repeat, look where it got him.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:38 PM

The CPC at this point can not realistically be considered anything other than controlled opposition. If you vote Liberal you get the obviously left wing agenda. If you vote CPC you get their version of an overtly left wing agenda.

It's a lose/lose proposition so you might as well vote for a party that actually has the ideals that you value most and lead the change instead of clinging onto a pipe dream that the red Tories will do a 180 and become a born again right wing party as soon as they get into office.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:58 PM

This thread has a nice title but the reality is ,it’s just another partisan political thread that goes around in circles and accomplishes nothing. That is what the political super thread is for.