Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2019, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter64 View Post
Absolutely. My blood work is way better and I sleep like a log now. Camped out near a lake in a tent a few weeks ago that was about 100 yards from a railroad crossing. Been going there for years and every time the train rolled by I would wake up, about 5-6 times a night.

Not this time, was there for 4 nights and never heard the train once. My head hits the pillow and I am dead to the world within 5 minutes. Can't wait to get down to my goal and see if I can get off the CPAP machine for the first time in 8 years.
AWESOME !!
Old 07-25-2019, 08:32 PM
Banned

Just finished reading the "what's for dinner" thread and Omega posted in one of his dinners, little yellow potatoes.
Well KETO peeps, if you chop radishes in half and fry them with butter or bacon, they taste EXACTLY like little yellow/red potatoes !! It's surreal
Old 07-25-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Just finished reading the "what's for dinner" thread and Omega posted in one of his dinners, little yellow potatoes.
Well KETO peeps, if you chop radishes in half and fry them with butter or bacon, they taste EXACTLY like little yellow/red potatoes !! It's surreal
I do that as well and they are sure tasty
Old 07-25-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
How many here added the intermittent fast 16/8 to their Keto plan?
I don't eat after 7 pm until lunch the next day , But I do drink coffee.
That's a solid 12-16 window in which I don't eat , or feel the need to.
Not true fasting , but I don't typically eat during that time , a good chunk of it sleep.
1-2 day fasting periods in the beginning , and it didn't suit me. Skipping breakfast is normal with me anyhow , I just stretch it to lunch ( small) and a regular supper ( Keto of course).
Old 07-27-2019, 11:50 AM

Was wondering if anyone has tried Shirataki Noodles?

Wife loves Vietnamese food on crispy noodle nests so I had a thought of experimenting with frying these 0 carb noodles.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post

Wife loves Vietnamese food on crispy noodle nests so I had a thought of experimenting with frying these 0 carb noodles.
Yes they are not bad, key is rinsing them before cooking to
Old 07-27-2019, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:

To get rid of the funny smell, rinse the shirataki noodles for 1-2 minutes, then put them in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
Then fry them for about 10 minutes (without any butter or oil) to get rid of the moisture. This will give the noodles a nicer texture.

The noodles should be steaming quite a bit. Make sure to stir them so they don't start shrinking and get to dry. When the steam gets less, take them off.

Then the shirataki noodles are ready to be used for whatever dish you're preparing.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:24 AM

Started Monday down 8.4lbs as of this morning. Only 111.6 lbs to go
Figure the first few weeks will be mostly water loss.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:

Like others have said rinse them in water, or better yet drain and soak them in cold water for 15 minutes before using. I would think getting them to "crispy" would take a lot though. If you try this, use the thin "tied up" style and untie them before using. They are super cheap at T&T

https://www.made-in-china.com/showro...Shirataki.html

We've tried them as a substitute for pasta with sauce and cheese and they were just ok. But where they really shine is in noodle soup! We make a keto chicken noodle and hamburger soup and use the linguine-sized shirataki noodles. The texture is perfect and they actually stand up much longer than pasta. They never get mushy like pasta does, so you can make a big batch and it will be good for nearly a week. The kids now prefer this type of noodle soup over traditional.

I also tried a shirataki Pad Thai and was very happy with the results.

Also, Shirataki is really good for gut and colon health.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...01#bottom-line
Old 07-28-2019, 04:34 PM

Started Keto May 28th @ 264 pounds, couldn’t believe I was one pound away from the max weight limit of the heavy weight division of the ufc... Two months in and I am down to 223 pounds! This is the only diet I have been able to stick with for more than a week or two in my life. I feel much better then I did two months ago. Cheers to everyone!
Old 07-28-2019, 07:52 PM

Tomorrow is going to be my first official day going for as much keto based diet as I can. Been leaning towards it over the past few weeks and think the timing is right to go full.
Hardest part will be the beer, I'm a big beer drinker and just absolutely love the taste and the act of being able to wander around tinkering with a beer in hand.
Currently 252lb, 6'4" and fairly active, especially with my line of work.
If I dont die from sleep deprivation from a 1 day old baby I can see this working.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:59 PM

Default Who is on the KETO diet right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline101 View Post
Tomorrow is going to be my first official day going for as much keto based diet as I can. Been leaning towards it over the past few weeks and think the timing is right to go full.

Hardest part will be the beer, I'm a big beer drinker and just absolutely love the taste and the act of being able to wander around tinkering with a beer in hand.

Currently 252lb, 6'4" and fairly active, especially with my line of work.

If I dont die from sleep deprivation from a 1 day old baby I can see this working.

I’m 6’foot3 and started at 255. I now have an almost 2 month old baby and it’s much easier at 189
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 07:40 PM

I am down 65 lbs since Feb.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:21 AM

Default Gallaghers Pub Keto Nights

Gallaghers Pub and Eatery in Calgary NE has a Keto Menu everyday.
Also has Keto Tuesday Special 25% off Keto Menu

Also host occasional Keto Info events. One was held last Sunday

http://gallaghers.pub/wp-content/upl...u-May-2019.pdf
Old 07-30-2019, 03:24 PM

One more beer or one more day with your daughter!!!!! You can do it and we are all here to back you up!

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 07-31-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforthree View Post
One more beer or one more day with your daughter!!!!! You can do it and we are all here to back you up!
This is a great thread, lots of help and here to back each other up. Weighed in last Saturday and down 80 lbs total so far.

Had kind of a fashion show last Saturday night as I was going to bed I thought maybe another month before I can get into my suit that I wore as the best man for a friends wedding in 2009. I blew the dust off it and both the wife and I were shocked to find that it just drapes on me now, you would have to take in the pants 6 inches to even stay up. I said go get a garbage bag and off to the donation bin it goes. I then found some company shirts that were way to small for me and haven't been able to wear for the last 10 years. They fit perfect now. I must have emptied 1/4 of my closet of shirts that were way to big now. I just buy the cheap crappy jeans now because I can get maybe a month out of them and that it is, they are to big. I am not going back.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
This is a great thread, lots of help and here to back each other up. Weighed in last Saturday and down 80 lbs total so far.

Had kind of a fashion show last Saturday night as I was going to bed I thought maybe another month before I can get into my suit that I wore as the best man for a friends wedding in 2009. I blew the dust off it and both the wife and I were shocked to find that it just drapes on me now, you would have to take in the pants 6 inches to even stay up. I said go get a garbage bag and off to the donation bin it goes. I then found some company shirts that were way to small for me and haven't been able to wear for the last 10 years. They fit perfect now. I must have emptied 1/4 of my closet of shirts that were way to big now. I just buy the cheap crappy jeans now because I can get maybe a month out of them and that it is, they are to big. I am not going back.
Holey Shisk-a-Bob
80lbs in about 4 months.
Amazing-Keep it going.
Hope to have results half as good as you
Old 07-31-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Crazy eh. I had to do the same thing. 2 bags went off to the donation bin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2019, 03:52 PM
AO Sponsor

I don't do Keto technically, but I have eliminated most crummy carbs from my diet and eat a serious amount more veggies along with my meat and combined with IF (16/8) I have gone from 322lbs in June 2018 to 232.5lbs today at 6 foot tall "ish" (was 6'1" for ever but over the last 10 years I have shrunk a bit apparently). I actually lost all this weight in about 9 months (almost 90lbs!) but this summer I haven't been near as dedicated with all the stuff we have been busy with, but I have been sticking with the 16/8 eating schedule and I have not gained anything back (maybe up and down a couple pounds regularly with just water weight) so I am happy. I am getting myself ready for another push to lose another 20lbs to 30lbs but really even if I never lost another pound I would not be disappointed. I feel better now at almost 50 than I did in my 30's! Woot!!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 07-31-2019, 07:43 PM

That’s awesome tirebob. I too started out that high and looking to get the 90 - 100 lbs off. 1 month and my first 20 is off.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I don't do Keto technically, but I have eliminated most crummy carbs from my diet and eat a serious amount more veggies along with my meat and combined with IF (16/8) I have gone from 322lbs in June 2018 to 232.5lbs today at 6 foot tall "ish" (was 6'1" for ever but over the last 10 years I have shrunk a bit apparently). I actually lost all this weight in about 9 months (almost 90lbs!) but this summer I haven't been near as dedicated with all the stuff we have been busy with, but I have been sticking with the 16/8 eating schedule and I have not gained anything back (maybe up and down a couple pounds regularly with just water weight) so I am happy. I am getting myself ready for another push to lose another 20lbs to 30lbs but really even if I never lost another pound I would not be disappointed. I feel better now at almost 50 than I did in my 30's! Woot!!
It's the SCOTCH :sHa_sarcastic lol: Well done Sir
Old 08-01-2019, 02:17 PM

I am now sitting at 204 from 252. Pretty happy with that weight. Stopped Keto for 3 months and didn’t gain.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 08-01-2019, 03:33 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
That’s awesome tirebob. I too started out that high and looking to get the 90 - 100 lbs off. 1 month and my first 20 is off.
Keep at it man! It is amazing the physical changes you will go through. Life is so much better without the damage all that extra weight was causing...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 08-01-2019, 03:36 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
It's the SCOTCH :sHa_sarcastic lol: Well done Sir
I keep telling my wife that... “Babe... Without the scotch I would be huge so you just have to keep letting me spend money on it, and understand that the higher quality the better it works!” LOL! I don’t think she believes me though...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Old 08-02-2019, 09:42 PM

Did my weekly weigh in this AM. This week the weight loss has stalled... I measure food. I weigh food. I use macro app... maybe should try more walks and bike rides this long weekend. Only thing I tried differently this week was I tried the intermittent fasting 16/8 - started meals at lunch time. Hmmm maybe?
Old 08-02-2019, 11:24 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Did my weekly weigh in this AM. This week the weight loss has stalled... I measure food. I weigh food. I use macro app... maybe should try more walks and bike rides this long weekend. Only thing I tried differently this week was I tried the intermittent fasting 16/8 - started meals at lunch time. Hmmm maybe?
dont worry... A week is not a stall. Your body goes through peaks and valleys like anything. I would sometimes stall for multiple weeks in a row and then BAM! 7 pounds gone just like that. It happens.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Old 08-04-2019, 07:45 AM

End of Week 2 and I lost an incredible 58 grams this week.

The future is bright
Old 08-04-2019, 09:45 AM

Damn near impossible!!!

Old 08-04-2019, 02:21 PM

Default may be going a little too far!!

LOL

best free photo upload sites

Old 08-04-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
End of Week 2 and I lost an incredible 58 grams this week.

The future is bright
Dont go by the scale. Measure yourself as inches will fall off but weight we fluctuate