Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-11-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotwade View Post
One day in November back when I was in grade 12 me and 2 buds skipped school to go moose hunting. I had a ford ranger. We got a bull that morning and went to school after to show everyone. There is a picture in the yearbook showing us covered in blood and high fiving !! This was in 1991!! Absolute classic!!!
Awesome!!!
Old 10-11-2019, 11:12 PM

Lol, I work in an environment where the safety policies are absolutely stifling, and have come to feel a sick sense of satisfaction from doing jobs in a destinctly cowboy manner whenever I am not at work.

I once shot a good sized buck and shoved it in the trunk of a Mazda car, then continued hunting for the weekend. Well when I got home that buck had frozen stiff and no way could I get him out of the trunk in one piece. I had to use a saw to cut him in half just to get him out, the next spring that car started smelling awfully funky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
When I was first married, all I had was a 2 door Toyota Tercel. I had a doe I had gotten the day before and a big buck I shot that day. Loaded em both in the trunk after skinning. Wrapped em in tarps, and had legs and horns sticking out the trunk lid which I bungeed closed as good as I could, but IIRC, it was still open about halfway. I was happier than hell on my way home No dust. It was cold outside and meat was cooled before it ever made it in trunk. Good memories. That Tercel hauled a lot of game.

I work in the most politically correct environment one could ever imagine (school). It is actually sickening. Hence, my lack of concern for what antis feel.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotwade View Post
One day in November back when I was in grade 12 me and 2 buds skipped school to go moose hunting. I had a ford ranger. We got a bull that morning and went to school after to show everyone. There is a picture in the yearbook showing us covered in blood and high fiving !! This was in 1991!! Absolute classic!!!
once everything was processed we brought my buds motorhome and bbq to school and sold hot dogs and pops ….. or maybe a beer or to for $4. all proceeds went to charity. Not a word was ever said!
Old 10-12-2019, 06:17 PM

I one time picked up a road kill moose one Friday afternoon off hwy 2 after helping someone move, it was on a flat bed trailer held down by one good ratchet strap, slept the night at my girlfriend's place downtown edmonton a few blocks from the ranch. No one stole it thank goodness I needed the bait haha
Old 10-12-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
I always have at least the rack showing, so people can see,
I’m always on the look out for animals in other vehicles on the highway
Like to see others animals , I see nothing wrong with it at all
Look how hiding guns has worked out, more people are afraid of them now.
Used to see them in back windows of trucks all the time , not now.
Totally agree!
Cat
Old 10-13-2019, 11:36 AM

Default .....

Awesome; thanks for bringing up some good memories Scoutie.

The folks had gone on an extended Europe vacation that went well into the fall;
Inside the garage was the old mans' brand new 1976 Buick LeSabre Custom; cream colored; red vinyl roof and red velour interior; big boat of a 4 door.

If he only knew how well that car went up and down the steep, snowy A-7 hills to retrieve and bring back the Mule deer we got that day.

I remember that I had to bungee some 2x4's in the truck so that it would air out on the way home. The deer would fit in that trunk no problem....