Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Who will win the US presidential election this year?
Trump 384 70.85%
Biden 158 29.15%
Voters: 542. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Who says it's not factual? The mainstream media the democrats?? ok then.

Trump mastered making his sheeple think every bit of media that displayed any negativity was”fake news” He built a tunnel visioned base that automatically thinks every thing that does not praise him is from a bias against him source. Some media is completely unbiased in reporting.

It’s amazing that he nearly got a second term through blind faith. And now, they’re giving money to his fight. He should have been a televangelist.

Trump lover default thought. “If it shows even a fraction of poor action by Trump, it is fake news , left media”
Old 11-22-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post
Trump mastered making his sheeple think every bit of media that displayed any negativity was”fake news” He built a tunnel visioned base that automatically thinks every thing that does not praise him is from a bias against him source. Some media is completely unbiased in reporting.

It’s amazing that he n army got a second term through blind faith.
Yup - the same type of obvious propaganda that has been used in many regimes, by many tyrannical governments and dictators over history.

Followers are exactly that - sheep - who have marched so long in complete obedience and blindness - they no longer possess the critical intellectual capacity to challenge common sense.

It truly is amazing how weak, malleable and suggestible the mind of the willing masses really is.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:02 AM

Default Um....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Yup - the same type of obvious propaganda that has been used in many regimes, by many tyrannical governments and dictators over history.

Followers are exactly that - sheep - who have marched so long in complete obedience and blindness - they no longer possess the critical intellectual capacity to challenge common sense.

It truly is amazing how weak, malleable and suggestible the mind of the willing masses really is.
EZ.....

I’m thinkin we’re all that susceptible and malleable.

Just look at marketing agencies.

I’m reading a lot of interesting psychology stuff that suggests we are all more ‘sheeply’ than any of us like to believe.

It disturbs me a lot.....
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-22-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post

It’s amazing that he nearly got a second term through blind faith. And now, they’re giving money to his fight. He should have been a televangelist.

Trump lover default thought. “If it shows even a fraction of poor action by Trump, it is fake news , left media”
Exactly. Fox News is hardly liberal. They recognized the voting facts and then Trump turned on them also.

Only 25% of the money people are giving is slated to the election fight. 75% goes to Trumps personal slush fund. One would think that would raise eyebrows. But crickets from the gullible. Trump is a master manipulator. I give him full cudos for that.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-22-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
Who says it's not factual? The mainstream media the democrats?? ok then.
The Republican secretary of state in charge of the election process...

But hey you probably think he is a democrat in disguise because he refuses to rig the election for Trump...

They counted GA votes by hand, matched the Dominion machine count...

Does your head hurt from watching all those baseless conspiracy theory videos?
Old 11-22-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
EZ.....

I’m reading a lot of interesting psychology stuff that suggests we are all more ‘sheeply’ than any of us like to believe.

Until you consider that our entire social, economic existence is based on consumerism. Without the herd of consumers, everything goes away.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:38 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
You realize the 1.8 million and 24 million numbers are from 2012?

You also realize Trump had a task force to look into it and found nothing.

Plenty of fact checking for you.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/tr...-fraud-claims/

BBC also has said their was no voting issues. If you need the link again...let us know. It’s been posted before.
Well now, so back in 2012 the system was all messed up. That's like a bazillion years ago right?

Yup for decades it's been that way but when Trump gets elected it magically gets fixed. Are you looking to buy a bridge?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-22-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
EZ.....

True enough ... but marketing for a cup of coffee or the latest model sedan is one thing - BUT - the destruction of a democracy and the destabilization of the world's largest economy, most powerful military and one that is on our southern border is troubling.

I'm also of the mindset that we, as individuals, must purposely, deliberately, and with a pragmatic thought process must evaluate news sources and decide what are probable "facts".

We can no longer allow ourselves to consume a limited cross section of news - I purposefully set out to consume a wide cross section of reporting so I get a couple different angles on a subject.

Unfortunately most people will not.

The patterns of the destruction of a democracy and installation of a dictatorship are always similar ....

- The attempt to discredit and/or demonize free media

- The attempt to discredit and/or demonize law enforcement and government agencies

- Discrediting and demonizing opponents or present political systems

- the immediate and ruthless removal of any perceived disloyal administration and support positions who would contradict or challenge his/her authority

- A minimization of the impacts of a crisis like starvation, the economy or disease

- The denouncing of fair elections

I think I'm seeing a very familiar pattern here .......
Closed Thread