Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2018, 07:17 PM

Default Took the MEC survey...

I had some time to kill so I used the opportunity to tell MEC that they are missing out on revenues from the Hunting community.

If by some slim chance they become a pro hunting advocate they will see more of my money.

Beware, if you take the on-line survey it takes at least 10 minutes.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

I was a little more direct.
Told them straight up to Quit supporting anti-hunting organizations, or I would continue to spread the word about that among a rather large component of potential clients.

Up to them now.
Almost everything they sell can be found elsewhere.
And I WILL NOT support any company that supports my enemies!! Period!

Cheers,
Nog
Old 01-17-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
I was a little more direct.
Told them straight up to Quit supporting anti-hunting organizations, or I would continue to spread the word about that among a rather large component of potential clients.

Up to them now.
Almost everything they sell can be found elsewhere.
And I WILL NOT support any company that supports my enemies!! Period!

Cheers,
Nog
Haha I hear ya. Who knows they might come around. Personally I like more options.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:37 PM
Banned

Link?
Old 01-17-2018, 07:43 PM

I recieved it via an email blast from MEC.
I cant seem to extract a link from the email. Maybe someone else can help.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:45 PM

They are also anti atv and sledding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 08:25 PM

The heck with them, let the anti's support them.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtz View Post
The heck with them, let the anti's support them.
I won't shop there, never even walked in their store or checked their web page. I have friends who say "meh" when I tell them of their anti hunting and some outdoor pursuit stance and that's why I don't shop there. They all say but they have great stuff. Sorry, still not giving them my $$$.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I won't shop there, never even walked in their store or checked their web page. I have friends who say "meh" when I tell them of their anti hunting and some outdoor pursuit stance and that's why I don't shop there. They all say but they have great stuff. Sorry, still not giving them my $$$.
Truth is they do have pretty good stuff. However, I can't see them moving from their stance/target audience re: this issue. My guess is they would lose more from the anti crowd than they would gain moving to the hunting crowd - but that's just me assessing based on a recent trip to the Calgary store and seeing all the yuppies, LuLu, and skinny pants crowd shopping during their lunch hour....
Old 01-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Truth is they do have pretty good stuff. However, I can't see them moving from their stance/target audience re: this issue. My guess is they would lose more from the anti crowd than they would gain moving to the hunting crowd - but that's just me assessing based on a recent trip to the Calgary store and seeing all the yuppies, LuLu, and skinny pants crowd shopping during their lunch hour....
Even skinny pants aren’t hip enough anymore. You won’t be cool until you have flood pants with elastics at the bottom.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Exactly my position as well, will not shop at MEC in person or online.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:06 AM

I do buy the occasional thing from them because they are the only supplier. I do not support their views but I do use the share payouts I receive for being a member to buy ammunition. I'm fairly sure they have paid me more in the last few years than I have spent. The way I see it is, on average the share pay out is $25 a year which equates to roughly 1 box of blue box federal for my .308 or 25 steel shotgun shells,which equates to 20 dead yotes or 25 geese that they are working so hard to protect.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 01-19-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I do buy the occasional thing from them because they are the only supplier. I do not support their views but I do use the share payouts I receive for being a member to buy ammunition. I'm fairly sure they have paid me more in the last few years than I have spent. The way I see it is, on average the share pay out is $25 a year which equates to roughly 1 box of blue box federal for my .308 or 25 steel shotgun shells,which equates to 20 dead yotes or 25 geese that they are working so hard to protect.
This makes me smile, get them with their own $$$$.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramaximos View Post
I recieved it via an email blast from MEC.
I cant seem to extract a link from the email. Maybe someone else can help.
Was it one of the surveys in the links on this page?
Old 01-19-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Was it one of the surveys in the links on this page?
I went through those and could only find the customer experience surveys.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2018, 11:48 AM
Banned

Really what's the point.
They cater to a part of the buying public and are doing very well.
Sort of the same as an anti hunter getting all upset and wanting to get Cabella's to give up hunting/fishing gear.
Just sayin.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:08 PM

It may be worth pointing out the irony of the many leather products and jerky's that they sell yet claim to be anti-hunting.

I'm not optimistic they're stance would change, they are just catering to their largest customers hypocritical stance.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:10 PM

Just how many of you guys wash your vehicles at Hughes carwash? Some maybe... they are also anti hunting. Makes a good spot to go and wash your boiled deer heads.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
How do you get that much? I think I have been a member for 10 years or more and only once I received a statement saying that My share was a penny or something like that. And that was probably five years ago or so. I have never heard from them before or since.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
How do you get that much? I think I have been a member for 10 years or more and only once I received a statement saying that My share was a penny or something like that. And that was probably five years ago or so. I have never heard from them before or since.
It is based on personal purchase amounts, MEC's operating costs, and total revenue made by MEC (a little on how gready the board is as well).

Then the return process is quite convoluted with minimum eligiblity requirements. There is a two year lag on the payouts as well (ie. 2015 purchases will dictate your 2017 eligibility/payout). On top of this they issue gift cards as payouts, if you want a cheque you have to request one (before the payout date).
Old 01-20-2018, 09:16 AM

Had a conversation with an MEC member and he was telling me how environmentally friendly they are. I said to the fellow, are you serious? There is more plastic in this store than most! And that do you realize where all this plastic comes from?
Not much of a fan for what MEC represents. Can we say, HYPOCRITES??
Old 01-20-2018, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post
Had a conversation with an MEC member and he was telling me how environmentally friendly they are. I said to the fellow, are you serious? There is more plastic in this store than most! And that do you realize where all this plastic comes from?
Not much of a fan for what MEC represents. Can we say, HYPOCRITES??
And all that climbing gear, must be made outta hemp, not!