Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-27-2007, 01:29 AM
HIBACKPACKER

Default Rhino

I pick up the new 660 Rhino in October. My boy and I used it to get his Bull Elk out of the woods one trip this thing is like a tank. Some of the places it's had us in are crazy.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Davey Crocket

Hiback, we wanna see some pics of this beast... good fer you both, Congrats.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:09 AM
HIBACKPACKER

Will try in the morning not sure how to post the Pic's any ideas
Old 01-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Davey Crocket

Yup... go to the general board, click on the second link from the top, POSTING PHOTOS , and that should do'er. Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Brady

If you need further help, let me know, and I will PM you my email, and I can post them for you. I would be interested in seeing those pics, as I am almost certain I am going to be picking one of them rhinos up this summer. Just hung up on a few issues.......:rolleyes :rolleyes
Old 01-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Davey Crocket

LOL... no doubt Brady... seen one @ the R.Deer Bike show.... there is not much else a person could actually add as an after market touchup, man, a good jeep 4by4 might be a cheaper way to go...LOL Honestly, this Rhino had it all!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Brady

Ya I saw a couple of them at the Edm show last year WOW. I don't think I would go to those extremes, but close.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Davey Crocket

you gotter Brady, Boys and their toys ...
Old 01-27-2007, 07:48 PM
HIBACKPACKER

:rolleyes
Hey Davey I'm still unable to load my pic's I followed your directions never saw the words POSTING PHOTOS. I will keep trying . I spent the day cleaning it and it looks brand new.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Brady

Click here.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:16 PM
fallairfever

Default Re: Rhino v Argo

Hey boys,
i have been looking a little at these as well, cool machine. For the price though i am also looking at argos. With my two boys joining me on hunts more and more in the future I dont know if for what I want if I could beat an argo.

Just wondering if either of you compared the two?? Maybe its an apples and oranges comparison but curious of your thoughts.
Thanks Guys
FallAirFever
Old 01-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Loco

Default rhino vs argo

I've had a rhino from the get go. I love this thing and it has all the power you ever need,must be the 660 not the 450. Run the thing in bear camp and it goes anywhere that we put quads. If your looking at an argo you have better be a good at fixing it. Had one for a year and had to work on it everyday,but you can anywhere.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:04 PM
shooter

Default PICS OF RHINO

POSTING FOR HIBACKPACKER>>>>

Nice machine!!
Shooter

i91.photobucket.com/album...280400.jpg

i91.photobucket.com/album...270442.jpg

i91.photobucket.com/album...270441.jpg
Old 01-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Brady

Default Re: PICS OF RHINO

Nice lookin ride. Thanx fer posting them.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:01 PM
nafegavas

Man that's exactly what we're thiking of getting instead of 2 quads. Nice to hear it's as maneuverable as a quad, does it climb the steep just as well?
Old 02-01-2007, 09:06 PM
walleyes

Very nice machines lots of fun... But don't try and go in snow with them,, they are heavy, to wide for a ski-doo track and to wide for a standard quad trail. A freind of mine runs one and we went into Blacket with it on boxing day I took my quad and he and his son took his Rhino well let me tell you did we have fun I think I pulled that damn thing half the way in there. There was a good ski-doo trail plenty wide enough for the quads but that machine was just to wide, and on the steep hills it would start to spin because of its wheight and would dig down rite now. I'm not knocking you're machine but just be aware before you venture out in the snow with it, don't go it alone...
Old 02-01-2007, 10:50 PM
HIBACKPACKER

I hauled a full size Elk in a foot of snow with no problems. The trails I travel on are old Jeep trails. My Rhino is olnly 8" wider the my Grizzly. I do carry a chain saw at all times just in case I have to trim. We had a huge wind come through our neck of the woods in late November and knock down many tree some spots look like a tornatoe went through . It's taken us just over two months to clear the trail to make up a good loop for our rides 68 km round trip. The efforts of many people do not go unnoticed and A HUGE thanks to those of us that have helped and continue to clear the paths. My Rino climbs better then my Grizzly ever did and I feel a whole bunch better with the seat belt. I find that the cluch kit helps big time and the diff lock is incredible. I run 26 all the way around ITP XTR 26" Mud lites I run the stock tires in the winter and chain the ass end up and run studs on the two fronts.
Happy Hunting
Old 02-03-2007, 04:27 PM
gube204

The rhino is nice. A friend of mine bought one last year. We had a blast using it last fall. I would like o get one as well, but I am going to wait until it comes with the power steering. The steering was about the only negative with the rhino. Driving over logs would make the steering whip and after a while would get tiring on the hands.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:45 PM
HIBACKPACKER

Hey
I never had a proble with the streeing "but" my friends say that when I walk my knuckles drag on the ground if you know what I mean.LOL
The best thing of having the Rhino is my family can join me on the trail.
Happy Hunting
Old 02-08-2007, 01:09 AM
HIBACKPACKER

:lol
Did I for get that my kids drive the Rhino and never had any problem steering the out fit. Over the weekend we were up in the hills. Anyone take advantage of that great weather? When do the Coyotes close anyone know?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
HIBACKPACKER

Hey just a heads up.
I just purchased a CDI for the Rhino for those of you that don't know what a CDI is I will explain it. It is to increase the rev curve on the Rhino and increases the top end. I have had two of these and they done things to the electrical system of the Rhino. Both times the place where I purchaced them from was more then happy to return it. I will be looking for a different brand and will keep you updated on the preformance of the new one when I get it. The word is that Yamaha has one.

Happy Hunting