Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:06 PM

Highwildnfree we will need a timeline bulit in an excel spreadsheet to make sure everything is legit. Then we can critique this more because you clearly made a story up of night hunting on a main highway because this never happens. Also you need to post threads accordingly to most important first. We will follow up on the distracted driving charges and forget about these poachers because this is alot more important.

Sometimes its not even worth posting.........
Old 09-15-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural.born.fawn.killer View Post
Highwildnfree we will need a timeline bulit in an excel spreadsheet to make sure everything is legit. Then we can critique this more because you clearly made a story up of night hunting on a main highway because this never happens. Also you need to post threads accordingly to most important first. We will follow up on the distracted driving charges and forget about these poachers because this is alot more important.

Too true...
Old 09-15-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Wow you guys are somthing ....why would a guy "make up a story like this"? Just curious.

Is there anything wrong with not spilling a story after the fact .....did that have to be the first thing a guy wrote about since the incident?
It seems rather odd that after the alleged incident occured, but two hours before he started this thread about the appalling incident he witnessed and felt threatened by, he posted on another thread:

"Every pickup with tnited windows, poly/duct tape rear window, tuck tape tail lights, no fear stickers, a dream catcher and 14 people in a regular cab drivin around lookin for moose has a .303 in it around here "

Doncha think he would have added "in fact, I just witnessed a group of them..." I mean, he's talking about Indians and Moose for goodness sake.

Last edited by Okotokian; 09-15-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Wow you guys are somthing ....why would a guy "make up a story like this"? Just curious.

Is there anything wrong with not spilling a story after the fact .....did that have to be the first thing a guy wrote about since the incident?

If I shoot a moose this year will I have to post here prior to commenting on another thread first for it to be considered legit?

HighWild.....Good on ya for calling it in .....for anyone else who has ever phoned the RAP line "afterhours" you might experience the same fustrations.

Mike
X2!!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
It seems rather odd that after the alleged incident occured, but two hours before he started this thread about the appalling incident he witnessed and felt threatened by, he posted on another thread:

"Every pickup with tnited windows, poly/duct tape rear window, tuck tape tail lights, no fear stickers, a dream catcher and 14 people in a regular cab drivin around lookin for moose has a .303 in it around here "

Doncha think he would have added "in fact, I just witnessed a group of them..." I mean, he's talking about Indians and Moose for goodness sake.
I would have thought so, but what do I know?
Old 09-15-2011, 12:31 PM

This whole story is suspicious at best. Girl who answered the phone would have had the proper protocols in front of her to collect the required info. Gets even murkier with his earlier posted comments regarding native subsistence hunting. I agree with Arn, this thread was started to do nothing but stir up the masses.

At night, driving in the dark and posting on a thread on here at the same time speaks loudly.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:

x2 well said! come on people really? im sure this guy has better things to do with his time than make up stories for a secret hidden agenda? crap like this makes me want to leave this site for good, you guys are ridicilous!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:40 PM

Default Sweet

Perfect timing.

The will be a fun lunch.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:53 PM

Some of the posts on this thread are APALLING....
Old 09-15-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle30 View Post
Perfect timing.

The will be a fun lunch.

It better get rolling soon. I have a meeting in 15 minutes! LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
x2 well said! come on people really? im sure this guy has better things to do with his time than make up stories for a secret hidden agenda? crap like this makes me want to leave this site for good, you guys are ridicilous!
I couldn't agree more! It's unbelievable, the guy posts a story about Indians shooting moose, off the highway, in the dark! And all you *******es jump on HIM! I've never seen anything like some of the people on this site!! It's scary. Get a friggin life!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:01 PM

Question

I guess i'm missing the point. He called in a Poacher complaint. Had some difficulity and decided to vent online. All normal. What does the timeframe matter? I've had problems and vented days later. Would that constitute a problem? I agree that a follow up call would be in order. She might have been busy with other calls at the time. It happens. No-one knows every town in Alberta and likely it was a call center in Calgary or Edmonton.
I carry a Fish & Game card in my wallet and call direct when I see stuff that needs their attention. With 5 out of 6 plate numbers there is only so many variations that they have to check.
And yes I realize my post count is low here but rest assured it is higher elsewhere.
Just not sure what the fuss is all about.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk View Post
arn?narn, you seem to judge alot of people, not sure why, but great for calling it in man.

Shawn, pot calling the kettle black??

Quote:
Perfect timing.

The will be a fun lunch.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:17 PM

Holy smokes, guys witnesses a bunch of First Nations people poaching, writes a story while not even pulling in the race card directly and you guys are all over him, FOR WHAT? You guys especially Arn?Narn need to get a life and quick. Good on you man for reporting it! Many times the girls manning the 911 and other emergency lines are so illogical and unaware it makes you want scream. I was a VFF and you wouldn't believe some of the conversations with the 911 girls I had.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:39 PM

Default That was disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
It better get rolling soon. I have a meeting in 15 minutes! LOL
I expected much more.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:44 PM

he claims its dark out and he is in a moving vehicle yet he sees thier license number good enough to get 5 out of 6 and can see good enough to say thier native. I'm not a lawyer but I sure cuold shoot this full of holes quick.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM

Kinda like they shot in the moose?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
he claims its dark out and he is in a moving vehicle yet he sees thier license number good enough to get 5 out of 6 and can see good enough to say thier native. I'm not a lawyer but I sure cuold shoot this full of holes quick.
Maybe you should represent the natives doing the shooting then?
Old 09-15-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I expected much more.
LOL Naw. I just found the order of posts odd, but I have no great interest in continuing the inquisition. If someone said to me "I've been having a little engine trouble with my car, gotta shell out $400 for a new water pump" and then two hours later said "Oh yeah, and I just hit a light pole and have $9,000 damage. Gawd am I ever upset!", I guess that might be plausible.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
You guys are brutal. This is why I don't post much anymore.....

Maybe be had his headlights on, at night? Maybe he slowed right down, as noted in the original post.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:19 PM

Glad im out of this one ... I realized this is only a forum why get upset stomping mad , make yourself look dumb ( and i myself have before) .. Dohoo... Which i regret ... Now i just only state positive posts ...... And stay out of the negative or try to have a "discusion" without takeing it to heart everyone has an opinion , but should be expressed in a political correct manner! ( which im working on ) lol..... Good for you if you reported a poacher i hope they get caught ! .... Good luck hunting boys !!!! my treestand awaits me!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
This whole story is suspicious at best. Girl who answered the phone would have had the proper protocols in front of her to collect the required info.
Not necessarily. For example a customer of mine phoned the Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council (AMVIC), the enforcer of automotive industry regulations under the Alberta Fair Trading Act, to complain about some issues with his vehicle (not because of an issue with the shop I work for), the lady said they didn't have an investigator in Edmonton anymore and that he would have to supply sufficient suggestions to resolve the issue and when an investigator comes up from Calgary they might look into the issue. . .

I have an issue with this lack of service specially because we pay $275 in licensing per year. . .so my point is that it's not so outrageous of an idea that a non-profit outfit such as the Alberta Conservation Association might not follow protocols.

You should try phoning the City of Edmonton "Planning & Development" department. . .

ANYways, too bad you couldn't have gotten a picture with your iphone, mind you if I seen three rifles + 6 people @ night on a highway I wouldn't want to stick around either. I think I would have phoned the fish cops or local police. Good on yah for phoning it in!

Oh and headlights are fantastic for seeing things in the dark, I put GE High Output sealed beam headlights on my truck, omg it's wonderful!. . .and don't license plates have a reflective quality about them?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:01 PM

You seem like a real winner arn. Maybe you should apply for you're local search and rescue team and tell everyone that people arn't actually missing, that they are only telling a story. For being a fairly long time member you are a pretty big troller. go back to you're hole.

As for the poster, good on you for doing what you did. I too would be scared to stop with people like that having guns. You did you're best and as suggested I would follow-up with the slave lake fish & wildlife office and pass the info on directly to an officer. Even with a missing number on the licence plate they can pull up all the vehicles of that type (I imagine you know what type of vehicle it was) and see where they are registered. They then can go to the residence and find hair and blood in the vehicle and match it to the downed moose sign by the road. You may save a lot more animals and possibly a life due to how unsafe they were. They will do it again and again and again if not caught.

Last edited by Trackdays; 09-15-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:

Lol-too funny

And true
Old 09-15-2011, 03:32 PM

I call RAP, a lot typically twice a week on violations I see on the Bow, from my understanding the people answering the phones aren't working for SRD, they are a contracted call centre. They very well may be a person that's never left the pavement so understanding our directions can de difficult. Plus the name of the game in call centres is to process as many calls as possible, the person answering has call times to keep track of so getting you off the phone as quickly as possible is the idea.

Not the best system but better than shelling tonnes of money to have a CO waiting for the phone to ring
Old 09-15-2011, 03:33 PM

Curious myself Arn thanks for pointing that out.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:01 PM

I couldn't really figure out why Arn was being a bit of an azz there to HWF a week ago, but guess what, I figured it out. I vote bull. I always give people the benefit of a doubt and let them prove me wrong. It's done.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:07 PM

HWF, good on you for phoning it in. I believe you. And don't worry about the ninnies on here trying to pick your story apart. Anyone who is following this board so closely that they would even notice what was posted, and by who, two hours before you told your story, and somehow think that it discredits what you're saying, really needs to get out in the fresh air a little more often. Okie, arn arn, get a life, seriously.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:23 PM

Two sides to the coin tho Dave, some guys get tired of the same guys posting stuff just to read their own posts, and get the post count up...... Not saying thats what HWF is doing, but a lot of his stuff makes a guy go
Just Saying
Old 09-15-2011, 05:32 PM

Sometimes it's hard to keep track of the politics on here, and the issues that carry over from one thread into another lol.