Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-26-2017, 08:08 PM

Default Suffield Cow Elk cut to one?

Hey I just got a call in regards to my 2nd Cow tag for Suffield this December. I checked Relm and they have cut the second tag on the license. I am wondering if anyone got a reason for this reversal.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:24 PM

I guess the culls are working. Too bad though, I was looking forward to getting two cows. I guess one is enough.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:30 AM

I have the 3rd hunt in November and haven't heard anything or been contacted.

WC
Old 10-28-2017, 08:35 AM

My kids have tags for Jan 29th hunt and I havn't heard a peep about this hunt at all. One Elk is fine with me
Old 10-29-2017, 02:46 AM

Default Elk

We had the September tag for cow around the base and got two tags. Still lots of cows that need to be managed.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:35 AM

Default Me too

Mine was cut too. No info give, just cut. Good luck.

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 11-26-2017, 06:51 AM

A lot of guy must be going home with no elk.
They must be cutting back so the other groups that are coming up later have a chance in getting one all so.

Other reason might be, so guys will clear out of the area as soon as they get there one elk , letting other have a shot and taking pressure off a heard.
In my mind I see 5 trucks going out to a heard. The first 4 trucks all have an elk in the truck and the 5th truck at the back has nothing.

I wonder how many elk the natives can shot.
Any one seen any of them there .

Last edited by -JR-; 11-26-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:32 AM

The herd reduction is working or they are just getting pushed off the base. They put up a slide in the orientation that showed the estimated population to be around 3800 of which 1000 were cows
Old 11-26-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect the Resource View Post
Hey I just got a call in regards to my 2nd Cow tag for Suffield this December. I checked Relm and they have cut the second tag on the license. I am wondering if anyone got a reason for this reversal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanCretien View Post
Mine was cut too. No info give, just cut. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
A lot of guy must be going home with no elk.
They must be cutting back so the other groups that are coming up later have a chance in getting one all so.

Other reason might be, so guys will clear out of the area as soon as they get there one elk , letting other have a shot and taking pressure off a heard.
In my mind I see 5 trucks going out to a heard. The first 4 trucks all have an elk in the truck and the 5th truck at the back has nothing.

I wonder how many elk the natives can shot.
Any one seen any of them there .

The cow quota was set at one (on AND off base) long before the seasons opened. For some reason the system default on AlbertaRelm was set to two tags ........ as were the issuing machines at the local vendor. The glitch was noticed, but not until after a number of people had been issued two licenses. Now they have the enviable task of doing 'damage control' and acting like Scrooge and taking one back. It had NOTHNG to do with success (or lack thereof) for the early on-base seasons that have rolled already.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:04 PM

Default Tags

If you bought your tags early you would have received two tags if you waited to buy your tags you will only get one. You snooze you loose
Old 11-26-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
If you bought your tags early you would have received two tags if you waited to buy your tags you will only get one. You snooze you loose
If you got two....only one is valid.

LC
Old 11-27-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
Tells me all I need to know. Despite all the evidence to the contrary you are basically still admitting on a public forum to filling an invalid tag ........... nicely done
Old 11-27-2017, 07:07 AM

When you complete your orientation they will tell you that only one Antlerless Tag is valid.