Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 04-18-2016, 07:20 PM

Default Random A/O member trip to Rocky

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that this past weekend I had the pleasure of heading out to Rocky on the Clearwater for some fishing with a random A/O member from the fishing partner thread.

Although the fishing was slow, I had a blast, didn't get murdered, and it was awesome to meet someone new that's into fishing.

If you can / want to, I'd recommend it.
Let's build our fishing community and maybe one day we can all be friendly to each other out on the water and not so worried and tight lipped about fishing spots.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:45 PM

Default Awesome

I be been a bit Leary about meeting up with some a/o members for fear of being mirdered lol j,k. If anyone is up near whitecourt , fox creek this season and would like to fish for grayling I know a lot of spots I'd be happy to show you around especially if ur a highly seasoned fly fisher would be great to pick ur brain in return ( not literally of course , promise no murdering). But regardless of be happy to share a spot with you. I'd really like to see more ppl into fly fishing around here. There is a some decent water around here and needs more friends.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:11 PM

hey Chirka, thanks for not murdering me also! It was a good time checking out some different areas. Definately have to do it again when some of my favourite spots open up.
To everyone else... If your regular fishing buddies can't get out to join you, check out the fishing partner thread. I know that if I can convince the wife, I'm game for more fishing.