Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 PM

Default Sask Canadian resident draw deadline tonight!

Just a quick reminder if you still want a sask whitetail tag. Tonight is the online deadline! I think you can still get them after but have to go to an actual wildlife office to get. I didn't put in in May as I was not sure I was going to go and didn't want to make a donation to them if I wasn't going as this change still doesn't sit well for my situation! have family on the border of 2 zones! Have alway went back and forth. Not this year I guess. I guess I will flip a coin as to which zone I pick.

Good luck to all who go!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:23 PM

huh?!?
do you have a link to this?
i thot it was over a few months ago?

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 09-15-2011, 08:26 PM

https://secure.gov.sk.ca/biggame/default.asp

https://secure.gov.sk.ca/biggame/BGD...Disclaimer.asp
Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 PM

over months ago results allready given and tags as well
Old 09-15-2011, 08:31 PM

Nope! They extended it because of all the changes and it was so hard to get the word out to non residents so they extended it.

Copied right from the web site
This application is only for Canadian Residents who are not residents of Saskatchewan.
Deadline for applications is midnight September 15, 2011
Please be aware that there is no limited quota for Canadian resident white-tailed deer in 2011 and all eligible applicants will receive a licence that is valid for the wildlife management zone that is selected on their application.....
Old 09-15-2011, 08:51 PM

hunted;Nope! They extended it because of all the changes and it was so hard to get the word out to non residents so they extended it.

No...when this first deadline was up,they realized how many less non canadian resident whitetail tags they sold this year,so they extended the draw deadline to make some more cash.

its all about the Money $$$$$$$$$$$$$ my friend.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 PM

I was a little disapointed to see this draw opened back up. Seems almost pointless to have a draw when they keep pushing the date back or making it easy to go into the office and buy a tag.

I'd really like to hope that they stay firm on the date next year....
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
hunted;Nope! They extended it because of all the changes and it was so hard to get the word out to non residents so they extended it.

No...when this first deadline was up,they realized how many less non canadian resident whitetail tags they sold this year,so they extended the draw deadline to make some more cash.

its all about the Money $$$$$$$$$$$$$ my friend.

Oh I know! I just hope everyone goes who bought tags! I can just see them sitting back and laughing at all the guys that just sent them 150.00 in May and then can't go. Now that is a good tax if your a Sask tax payer!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunted View Post
Oh I know! I just hope everyone goes who bought tags! I can just see them sitting back and laughing at all the guys that just sent them 150.00 in May and then can't go. Now that is a good tax if your a Sask tax payer!
you got a good point,I had about a 15% chance of not being able to go this fall,but I had to apply and if I ate my $150,that would have sucked,however everything worked out so im still going! Good luck to you this Fall,WJ.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:54 AM

Greatest Province in da nation, that's why everyone wants to hunt there!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:46 AM

It was just a stupid plan, it makes way more sense to have the draw after other provinces resident draw. the roll back is just and admision that it was a bone headed policy, and when the tag revenues go through the floor bosses get embaraced.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
Greatest Province in da nation, that's why everyone wants to hunt there!
you sound like a refugee from africa beating the drum about hoiw great thier country is, but they ran from it to come here for a better life. if saskatchewan is so great, fell free to go back.

oh yeah, youre in alberta because there are more jobs and the quality of life is better. guess that makes alberta the greatest doesnt it......
Old 09-16-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
you sound like a refugee from africa beating the drum about hoiw great thier country is, but they ran from it to come here for a better life. if saskatchewan is so great, fell free to go back.

oh yeah, youre in alberta because there are more jobs and the quality of life is better. guess that makes alberta the greatest doesnt it......
Grew up on the border, my family ranches on both sides, and we have around 17000 acres on the Alberta side! Any other questions? Dont worry Sir, I wont ignore your resume when it comes across my desk!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:18 AM

Both are great provinces with great hunting oportunities,quite differant hunting ( and job ) oportunities but both great in their own right. I don't know why some keep harping over the ' HUGH ' money that is going to be made from a few whitetail tags that were not applied for from a few who can't read a guide. If there was that much revenue it would be a LOT more open, both here and in Alberta to cash in. Sure there is some revenue, but the date for buying a tag was extended not because of lost revenues, but because some hunters did not keep up with the change in the draw system. Some were still suprised a few days before the original deadline that they had to apply. SERM has been talking about it for THREE years. Does no-one read the guide. The extention was made because of these people that phoned in and complained about being shut out because they DIDN'T KNOW. I have nothing against non-resident hunting of whitetail, but to say ( or insinuate ) that it going to give huge revenues is just uninformed. Most non-res hunters I have talked to stay at buddies house, in-laws or relatives. Probably no more than 25% stay and eat at hotel/motels.
Hope every-one enjoys their hunt and enjoys it for what it is -- an opportunity and a privalege