Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-26-2009, 06:40 PM

Default Newbie Ice Rod Question

Hey guys;

I received a Berkley Ice Rod combo as a Christmas present, and while I was checking it out today I noticed that the centre line guide is slightly offset. There are three guides total. I'm wondering if it's supposed to be this way or if it is broken? Any help would be appreciated as I'm supposed to go fishing tomorrow with a buddy.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2009, 06:47 PM

How offset is it? They're supposed to be in line, but if the one is just a little off it shouldn't be a problem.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-26-2009, 08:08 PM

might be just bent, if you are careful you should be able to bend it back . where you going fishing tomorrow? there are still perch in Enchant

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-26-2009, 09:08 PM

It isn't bent too much, I managed to man handle it and straighten it out a bit. I took a look at the rest of the rods they were selling at Crappy Tire and they all seemed to be a bit off. I'm hoping it wont matter too much. I'd be more concerned if it were an open water rod where I'd be casting all the time.

Wayne, we're probably going to go to Michelle Reservoir, or maybe Acadia Valley. Me and him had some good luck with the 'bows up at Acadia back in early November. He's a bit of a trout nut, and doesn't seem to be interested in catching anything else. Plus he has the auger which means he gets to decide lol!!!