Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
not agreeing or dis-agreering that this would help wait times, but I have watched some hunting shows lately with muzzle loaders. It seems to me that the newer muzzle loaders are just as accurate as a high powered rifle, and can bring game down at quite a distance.
It isn't the weapon, it's the user. There are plenty of bowhunters in this province that can kill things at 100 yrds.

I like the idea of splitting up the seasons to dilute the applicants and get more people in the field. But do it properly. Not just archery and rifle. Include ML's, crossbows.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
That is exactly the problem. I'm all for reducing the number of people who abuse the system -- but there are things in life you have to wait for. I wanted to be able to grow a beard when I was 10, but I had to wait until I was 17 or 18. I'd like to be able to harvest a Bull Moose with my rifle in a zone near Calgary this fall, but that ain't gonna happen for quite some time. The decision that has to be made, is whether it's worth the wait. Some things are and some things aren't. There aren't enough animals out there for every hunter in the province to take a bull elk, a bull moose, a trophy ram, a trophy antelope, and a truckload of deer every year. That's why we have to wait. It's up to individual hunters to decide how long they are willing to wait, how far they are willing to travel, etc. While you're waiting, there are plenty of general tags that you can use to keep the freezer stocked.
Yep my thoughts as well.