Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-28-2012, 07:59 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCreek View Post
Good luck completing the slam Brian.....what an accomplishment that will be. Are you lifesizing all your rams? Congrats again......Marco
yes lifesizing all and my marco polo i have two dall sheep just lifesizing the one i just shot. having the sheep bug is expensive!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTFITTER View Post
In regards to the Grizz it turns out that on a full moon the moons gravatationl pull can pull your bullet high and cause a complete miss as there is no other way for a outfitter to miss a 180 yard chip shot. I will be watching the lunar charts better next time. Matt the horns were so heavy I was getting tierd holding them you know the fealing thats why no smile it was on the inside.
I figured it must have been something like that Congrats on the ram again.

Jeff Condie
Old 08-28-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTFITTER View Post
In regards to the Grizz it turns out that on a full moon the moons gravatationl pull can pull your bullet high and cause a complete miss as there is no other way for a outfitter to miss a 180 yard chip shot. I will be watching the lunar charts better next time. Matt the horns were so heavy I was getting tierd holding them you know the fealing thats why no smile it was on the inside.
Ah yes lunar gravatational pull you gotta watch that. I think Dad blamed humidity once too because tv personalitys dont miss either haha again great ram.

Matt
Old 08-28-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Hi all this is Sandi on Rich's account.
First a big congrats to all the lucky sheep hunters and good luck to all those still in the field. I had my ram plugged today and the CO said it was the 3rd ram so far he had done.
Thank you for all the well wishes. This hunt was very emotional for me and I'll warn you now there are a few tears. Rich and I have climbed the mountains together for years in search of a ram. This year I won!
Congrats Sandi on a hard earned ram.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmoose View Post
Ah yes lunar gravatational pull you gotta watch that. I think Dad blamed humidity once too because tv personalitys dont miss either haha again great ram.

Matt
Listen boy and I'll explain this all again.
I sighted my rifle in at home in North America shooting east. When I shot and missed I was on the north island of NZ shooting west. A simple thing like humidity my lightning fast brain accounted for in a millisecond. What did cause the miss was the reverse Coriolis effect of the Southern hemisphere. My rifle was adjusted for the Northern Hemisphere and thus the bullet flew high.
That is my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Congrats on your Ram Sandi & Rich !! You sure make it look easy , just go out Sheep hunting, shoot one and pack it home ......
We got in last night , No Rams but did see 3 young fellas packing out a decent Ram !
Believe me Phil this was no stroll along a highway! It might look easy on the surface but it was far from it. We worked our butts off scouting and were 14 km in with 4000 feet of elevation (up, down, up down, up, up and up!) under our belts when we got on these sheep two days before the opener. Longest two days of my life! LOL
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I sighted my rifle in at home in North America shooting east. When I shot and missed I was on the north island of NZ shooting west. A simple thing like humidity my lightning fast brain accounted for in a millisecond. What did cause the miss was the reverse Coriolis effect of the Southern hemisphere. My rifle was adjusted for the Northern Hemisphere and thus the bullet flew high.
Yes I do believe that the rifling in barrels sold in the southern hemisphere twist the other way.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
You tell him.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 PM

Congrats on some great rams! Two weeks until my week off to chase the buggers and these sheep threads aren't making the time pass any quicker lol.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Default 2012 ram

Congrats Sandi! Nice ram.

Here's another hard-earned ram I had plugged today. After 5 years of trying, it finally came together for me on Sunday afternoon. The two of ushad him back to camp by 10PM, then 2 days of death march to get him out of the back-country...
P8260217 - Copy.JPG
Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic Taxidermy View Post
yes lifesizing all and my marco polo i have two dall sheep just lifesizing the one i just shot. having the sheep bug is expensive!
Well Brian, if you can make it happen, that's awesome looking forward to seeing the photos of your desert ram.....what's next after you complete the slam? Or are you just going to keep hunting those rams? Congrats again......Marco
Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkamaholic View Post

Here's another hard-earned ram I had plugged today. After 5 years of trying, it finally came together for me on Sunday afternoon. The two of ushad him back to camp by 10PM, then 2 days of death march to get him out of the back-country...
Attachment 57898
Congrats on your ram.......looks like some great country that you were in.

Marco
Old 08-29-2012, 11:35 PM
sheephunter

Quote:

Attachment 57898
Great job elk...congrats!!!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:05 AM

Congrats to all the lucky Sheep hunters so far, there has been some great looking Rams taken so far!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:

Attachment 57898
Great sheep! Those death marches with the big packs are something aren't they? There would be less sheep hunters if they had to pack that weight on the way in!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:

Attachment 57898
Congrats again Buddy, wish I could have been there with you, could only have imagined the skip in your step and the grin on your face. Well earned and well deserved.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCreek View Post
Congrats Brian......great looking ram.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:29 AM

Congrats Sandi & Rich.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:31 AM

Congrats to all the sheep hunters that managed to get there sheep.
They are the ultimate to hunt.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:

Attachment 57898
Congrats Patrick. That mountain in the back ground looks familiar-you get him where we talked about? Make sure you bring him by for a look see.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
9.5 or 10.5 year old ram?

Again great lookin ram man!
Awesome ram, ya I got 10.5 as well.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntnut View Post
Congrats Patrick. That mountain in the back ground looks familiar-you get him where we talked about? Make sure you bring him by for a look see.
Thanks Norm,

About a mile away, the exact coordinates are: oh wait, I'll wait until bighunter posts them up. But seriously, thanks for all your help, once I get the pack-string compiled we should head in there together...just think how much deeper we can go eh!

See you soon
Old 08-30-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks Norm,

About a mile away, the exact coordinates are: oh wait, I'll wait until bighunter posts them up. But seriously, thanks for all your help, once I get the pack-string compiled we should head in there together...just think how much deeper we can go eh!

See you soon
Glad I could help. Ya from the angle of the mountain in the back ground I'm pretty sure where you shot it.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Believe me Phil this was no stroll along a highway! It might look easy on the surface but it was far from it. We worked our butts off scouting and were 14 km in with 4000 feet of elevation (up, down, up down, up, up and up!) under our belts when we got on these sheep two days before the opener. Longest two days of my life! LOL
Ya well Rich , tell Sandi it's tough on this Redneck's reputation consistently getting beaten by a Girl Eh !!

I totally believe you two worked for every bit of that Ram Rich , Thats what happens when you do your homework ahead of time and it pays off with big Rewards like this..
Old 08-31-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Ya well Rich , tell Sandi it's tough on this Redneck's reputation consistently getting beaten by a Girl Eh !!

I totally believe you two worked for every bit of that Ram Rich , Thats what happens when you do your homework ahead of time and it pays off with big Rewards like this..
Understood Phil
If it is any consolation she has worked hard, much harder than most realize. In fact she ruined a pair of kenetreks after this ram got out of the mountains. In this just their second season on a light lady they are junk. She is off shopping for a new pair of Lowas today.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 AM

Ya we must have got the bad batch of Kenetreks Rich , some people love them ,i guess because they never fell apart on them like they did with us.
Can't wait to see how that Ram looks when Curtis is done with it ...also would like to see Matts Ram as well as the finished product.

You should be all rested up by now so you can have a turn at a Ram for yourself again eh..
Old 08-31-2012, 09:56 AM

Send a pic of the ram and a pic of the boots to them....and give them an opportunity to make it right.

LC
Old 08-31-2012, 10:03 AM

Beauty ram .. The wifey shot 209

As for your ram Elk ... Great ram glad you finally got on after 5 years of given 'er ... Congrats on a fine RAM !!

I had ram backstrap the other night ... Some of the best meat i ever had .... Once those rams are on the ground, they still make u pay your due's .....if you know what i mean
Old 08-31-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_Tine View Post

I had ram backstrap the other night ... Some of the best meat i ever had .... Once those rams are on the ground, they still make u pay your due's .....if you know what i mean
Haha! No truer words were ever spoken!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Ya we must have got the bad batch of Kenetreks Rich , some people love them ,i guess because they never fell apart on them like they did with us.
Can't wait to see how that Ram looks when Curtis is done with it ...also would like to see Matts Ram as well as the finished product.

You should be all rested up by now so you can have a turn at a Ram for yourself again eh..
We leave sunday for HER elk draw....
On her hunt like Matts there was a second legal ran that stood there and started at his buddy and I paSsed again. Maybe I'm getting soft.... I may never kill another ram, the trophy isn't in the size of the horns for me. But I sure hope to be around when another dozen or two hit the ground.
If I could go out at 7000' with 120 lbs of sheep in the pack from one of the grandkids rams woud be fitting end! Lol