Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
H&K has an exotic thread M13.5x1LH only option was from Australia or import from US there was no Can option
Sorry, I was talking about the Kahntrol brake the OP asked about. In that specific case there is no need to pay a $50 import fee to anyone. For the one you bought, have no idea, never tried to buy one.

CNP

The only time you get checked leaving the states by U.S. officers is if they had set up some kind of special enforcement for some reason. I have never seen an outgoing check at the airport or a land crossing and I go go down there a lot.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Sorry, I was talking about the Kahntrol brake the OP asked about. In that specific case there is no need to pay a $50 import fee to anyone. For the one you bought, have no idea, never tried to buy one.

CNP

The only time you get checked leaving the states by U.S. officers is if they had set up some kind of special enforcement for some reason. I have never seen an outgoing check at the airport or a land crossing and I go go down there a lot.
I've never experienced it as well. I have a shipping address in MT.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:59 AM

Go get it and on your way back, «*do you have anything to declare?*» nothing but groceries, no alcohol or tobacco either!

That simple

I go to the US once-twice a month and bring back way over what i can for just a round trip each time.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenaki-warrior View Post
Go get it and on your way back, «*do you have anything to declare?*» nothing but groceries, no alcohol or tobacco either!

That simple

I go to the US once-twice a month and bring back way over what i can for just a round trip each time.
No. Why not tell the truth? Why counsel others to lie? You work for the construction industry in QC
Old 03-08-2019, 12:51 PM

The makers of the vias brake was shipping to canada with a threaded adapter labeled as sprinkler heads.......just a thought
Old 03-08-2019, 06:25 PM

To clarify, yes my friend is from southern B.C. and works with me in the north. I will call the border to be sure before proceeding. Common sense says that it shouldn’t be an issue as I can buy the same part locally without any PAL so it shouldn’t be an issue, but then I got thinking, border services doesn’t even know how to spell common sense...lol.

Thanks for the replies, I’ll look into it further and report back