Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:18 PM

Thumbs down North West Edmonton violence again

My son just called me, he is in an Emergency room with a good friend from his work. The friend went to buy a TV off Kijiji, and was jumped by 3 men in a parking lot by Safeway.
Concussion, fractured jaw, 4 missing teeth, left eye socket fractured, 12 stitches to the back of his head. The Police have the 3 in custody, if there is any justice at all I hope they make charges heavy and make them stick.
More info when I get it.
Sickening.
I sure hope they force restitution but have heavy doubts.
Apparently it was on camera, hopefully they don't pull some card about him trying to rip them off or something stupid. I am certain the race card will be pulled though. Victims of circumstance, bad upbringing, you have heard them all.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-16-2018, 08:21 PM
Banned

Where abouts in NW Edm did this happen, 127st and 137ave perhaps?
Old 01-16-2018, 08:28 PM

More people need to start meeting up in front of police stations for these kinds of deals. I know a lot of them are starting to have signs up just for meeting up for buy/sell deals.

Wishing your sons friend the best.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:30 PM
Banned

Hopefully these pieces of scum get the book thrown at them. This kind of stuff scares me as it’s happening more and more often. I do lots of kijiji and buy n swap purchasing, I either meet at the designated stalls at police stations or I bring my dog even though I know he is just there for intimidation.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:10 PM

Looks like more violence in Marwayne too: armed robbery at the liquor store. Car load of
armed six men. Getting crazy....
Old 01-16-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thumper View Post
Looks like more violence in Marwayne too: armed robbery at the liquor store. Car load of
armed six men. Getting crazy....
I saw that! I quoted it on our community watch app, whaaaat the hell???

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-16-2018, 09:19 PM
Banned

Certain the race card will be pulled?? You weren't even there.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeguy21 View Post
THEY ARE IN CUSTODY

Wonderful thing about modern technology, believe it or not when my son calls me his cell phone I do not need to see the color of their skin, he can tell me.

Imagine that.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I saw that! I quoted it on our community watch app, whaaaat the hell???
Looks like they have three of them now. About time they caught some of these thugs.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
X2

You are right. This is bloody racism!
Old 01-16-2018, 09:52 PM

Nice to see the race card pulled in the first post.

Carry on
Old 01-16-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
THEY ARE IN CUSTODY

Wonderful thing about modern technology, believe it or not when my son calls me his cell phone I do not need to see the color of their skin, he can tell me.

Imagine that.
Interesting that race plays into it.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:55 PM

Enough with the suspense,

What race are they?
Old 01-16-2018, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner View Post
Nice to see the race card pulled in the first post.

Carry on
Don't worry, certain individuals around here have immunity
Old 01-16-2018, 10:02 PM

A fact is a fact. Can only pretend for so long that that we don't know.

Ken, was your son there? If so, glad he is ok. Hope his friend makes a speedy recovery.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:02 PM
Banned

Default immunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Don't worry, certain individuals around here have immunity

Old 01-16-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
A fact is a fact. Can only pretend for so long that that we don't know.

Ken, was your son there? If so, glad he is ok. Hope his friend makes a speedy recovery.
The victim tried to call an ambulance but was unable to speak, and could not confirm his location. He sent a pin to my son who took him to Emergency. 911 forwarded the call to the Police who caught and arrested the suspects.
I will pass on your concern, thank you so much.
24 years old, mugged and left for dead, how terrifying would that be?

Old 01-16-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
The victim tried to call an ambulance but was unable to speak, and could not confirm his location. He sent a pin to my son who took him to Emergency. 911 forwarded the call to the Police who caught and arrested the suspects.
No value in human life anymore. The worse part is these animals will probably be out on the street before the physical wounds have healed. Not to mention what an attack like that can do to a guys mind. PTSD, financial strain, physical pain. Really feel for the guy.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
And the sad fact, is that even if they are convicted, they will likely get off with a slap on the wrist and will be back to mugging people soon. Using a baseball bat on them would be much quicker, cheaper, and likely more effective, but we aren't allowed to repay criminals with the force that they use on their victims.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And the sad fact, is that even if they are convicted, they will likely get off with a slap on the wrist and will be back to mugging people soon. Using a baseball bat on them would be much quicker, cheaper, and likely more effective, but we aren't allowed to repay criminals with the force that they use on their victims.
Yep, if the friend had defended himself and got the upper hand he would have had the book thrown at him.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:32 PM

Good Grief, was just a mere 10weeks ago your
poor son just had that other Kijiji related event!(tuner for his truck)!
Glad he is ok this time!

P.S.
Thanks for starting this thread, this is an eye opener to
me on meeting people buying or selling stuff!
Old 01-16-2018, 10:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos View Post
X2

You are right. This is bloody racism!
Quote:
Interesting that race plays into it.
Quote:
Enough with the suspense,

What race are they?
Im guessing a disproportionate number of crimes are committed by a certain race so it is not racism, just stating facts.

Also, when an individual claims that their race gives them certain privileges over other races, that is racism.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
My son just called me, he is in an Emergency room with a good friend from his work. The friend went to buy a TV off Kijiji, and was jumped by 3 men in a parking lot by Safeway.
Concussion, fractured jaw, 4 missing teeth, left eye socket fractured, 12 stitches to the back of his head. The Police have the 3 in custody, if there is any justice at all I hope they make charges heavy and make them stick.
More info when I get it.
Sickening.
I sure hope they force restitution but have heavy doubts.
Apparently it was on camera, hopefully they don't pull some card about him trying to rip them off or something stupid. I am certain the race card will be pulled though. Victims of circumstance, bad upbringing, you have heard them all.

Take a deep breath,nothing is fair ?
Fair will be defined by you and the depth of your pockets.
Or you will SSS?
What i take from your post is sales on kijiji can be questionable?
My sales on kijiji have been painful but not like yours,i truly hope i can isolate and minimize my risk.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Im guessing a disproportionate number of crimes are committed by a certain race so it is not racism, just stating facts.

Also, when an individual claims that their race gives them certain privileges over other races, that is racism.

Disproportionate?

Most of the crime that is topical on this site is rural crime. It is almost entirely Caucasian perps.

You guys need to go.

We dont need you here, in Alberta, or Canada.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:51 PM

Sad,lsituation for sure! Things like that are one reason when ever I sell things on Craigslist it’s usually in the daylight at a very public place. Usually a Costco parking lot by the gas pumps. There’s always people standing outside their vehicles looking around waiting.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Very upsetting and I hope the guy will be fine,this world is going nutz.I started to work at 15 in large logging camp and lotsa guys there were guys who got paroled and needed a job and there were some bad looking dudes that I kept an eye on,but I never felt intimidated like walking out of some bar in Winnipeg where there's no light or what just happened to your sons friend is crazy.I felt safer in that camp then going in the wrong part of Winnipeg today some 40 years later.
Guys that do what they did to your sons friend are all screwed up on meth or something close,no person in there right mind,specailly a group hurt one person for nothing,my grandchildren are growing up and god forbid if someone ever hurts them.

That guy who is hurt is someone's son,brother,best friend,maybe some ones grandson also.i honestly would pay a good lawyer and go after them hard and if they get out karma is a hard thing to run from.Hope your son doesn't take it to hard and may god bless the one that was hurt.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmckee View Post
Take a deep breath,nothing is fair ?
Fair will be defined by you and the depth of your pockets.
Or you will SSS?
What i take from your post is sales on kijiji can be questionable?
My sales on kijiji have been painful but not like yours,i truly hope i can isolate and minimize my risk.
I am not sure what you are asking or saying, well guess at your cryptic possibly baiting response?

Fair? Depth of pockets?
SSS? Huh?
NO kidding, in Edmonton anyway.
Mine have not been painful, my son's friend had a bad one obviously, my son was enroute to a meet and was jumped at a gas station which was coincidence.
Smart move.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:58 PM

Situations like this always make me wonder. I'm pretty confident against a regular person n a head on fight I'm going to come out okay. I have enough fight experience to at least let me get away. Two people and things are looking impossible. But three and surprised good work on him for managing to live.

It's terrible that's theres nothing you can do at that point you are at their mercy. Not to mention that if that aforementioned card is played then the soft bigotry of low expectations kicks in and these guys get softer sentences and someone telling them society failed them.

Another thing that this brings up is are you better off having bear spray or a knife or will you just be stabbed with your own gear? It would be interesting to see what guys who have been through it say. Anyway good n your kid and best of luck to the other fella.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Very upsetting and I hope the guy will be fine,this world is going nutz.I started to work at 15 in large logging camp and lotsa guys there were guys who got paroled and needed a job and there were some bad looking dudes that I kept an eye on,but I never felt intimidated like walking out of some bar in Winnipeg where there's no light or what just happened to your sons friend is crazy.I felt safer in that camp then going in the wrong part of Winnipeg today some 40 years later.
Guys that do what they did to your sons friend are all screwed up on meth or something close,no person in there right mind,specailly a group hurt one person for nothing,my grandchildren are growing up and god forbid if someone ever hurts them.

That guy who is hurt is someone's son,brother,best friend,maybe some ones grandson also.i honestly would pay a good lawyer and go after them hard and if they get out karma is a hard thing to run from.Hope your son doesn't take it to hard and may god bless the one that was hurt.
Thanks JD, my boy is fine, of course worried about his friend and likely thinking about his own experience. I don't think a Lawyer will do much good, I would think the criminals likely do not will not work and have nothing worth seizing.

For the peanut gallery, they are members of the human race.
Draw your own conclusions.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
Situations like this always make me wonder. I'm pretty confident against a regular person n a head on fight I'm going to come out okay. I have enough fight experience to at least let me get away. Two people and things are looking impossible. But three and surprised good work on him for managing to live.

It's terrible that's theres nothing you can do at that point you are at their mercy. Not to mention that if that aforementioned card is played then the soft bigotry of low expectations kicks in and these guys get softer sentences and someone telling them society failed them.

Another thing that this brings up is are you better off having bear spray or a knife or will you just be stabbed with your own gear? It would be interesting to see what guys who have been through it say. Anyway good n your kid and best of luck to the other fella.
I am the same hilt. Taking on 3 without the element of surprise is not bueno, especially if you are not armed in any way. I would take them on in a parking lot with my truck.

Thank you, I will pass it on to the boys.

Closed Thread