Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Well, at the very least we know you would ban yourself when you feel like you are are starting to lose it
Exactly. It's a viable defense mechanism.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-18-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
My Great Uncle was brought to tears when he shared his story of the killing of others during the war. Was he a coward too?

One of the toughest men I ever met was brought to tears when he shared with me the story of taking out a ship near England during the war. As a life long seaman he saw the other sailors as brothers in arms in spite of having to fight them. Cowardly too I suppose?

Taking a life is heart wrenching even when justified or unavoidable. Anyone that could go over in detail their role in ending another's life without emotion is a sociopath, not a hero.
X2, you can do some thing you think is right and still feel remorse, emotion, especially when reliving it in your mind.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:06 PM

The nearly unrestricted civil disobedience that was going on at the time was getting close to a state of anarchy and certainly would have led many to believe that the police had lost control and if someone didn't take a stand, the situation would escalate to the point where life and property was in imminent peril. It's a unique situation and I think this sums it up.
Thus it has become a bit more difficult to dismiss Rittenhouse's rationale as purly mischief.
As for the ones he shot, it was certainly in self defense.
He could have stayed home and avoided all this, and with hindsight, no doubt would have.
If the whole world chose to ignore unreserved looting, rioting and violent civil disobedience, it would escalate. If you victimize those willing to stand up to it, it will escalate.
First degree murder: not.
Manslaughter: maybe.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:08 PM

Did the kid put himself in a bad situation? Absolutely he did. But simply being present with a firearm was not illegal, as the judge made clear to the jury. So the jury only has to decide if he was justified to use the firearm in response to being attacked.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:59 PM

If I’m attacked, I don’t know the others intent.
Is it to hit me a couple times? Is it to get me down and not stop? Curb stomp me?…… I don’t know. Therefore I will take every physical attack on myself as someone attempting to kill me.
I will do whatever it takes to stop the attack as fast as possible.
Pretty sad world we live in when that reasoning even needs to be disputed.
Old 11-18-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
All of us come across as "tough guys" from time to time in this chat room. I get a kick out of the guys on this thread mocking Rittenhouse for crying in court. My guess is that if any of us were facing a substantial part of our life behind bars, branded as a racist and white supremacist murderer, with all the extra challenges that would entail, I'm just gonna take a wild guess that we might be in tears too. A kid's brain is not even fully formed as a teen. Sheesh.
I wasn't mocking him, more to the point showing he is a child. A teen. In his mind, behind a rifle mabye he thought he was bulletproof. I bet when push came to shove, he was wishing for a diaper, and when he was sitting in court he realized he may have flushed his entire long life away, in the blink of an eye.

People seem to glaze over the face that this kid shot people. Do we not think that will have a bearing on his entire life, if he lives it?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-18-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
This is an example of what happens when stupid crosses paths with stupid

I see him getting man slaughter in the end

The guy is not a cold blooded killer racist as some try to make him out to be but he is smart like stick when it comes to making the correct choices

If the rioters came to his home and attacked him I would have a different opinion
How do you know that? Can you be certain? Children and mothers and anyone of any age can kill and have killed another, and the family comes along and says 'he was such a quiet well mannered boy, this is not like him.'

NOBODY here knows this kid. We know nothing at all about him.

I think he either is half a cog out of time or something is off in some way.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-18-2021, 05:03 PM
Banned

All I know is that if he is convicted, then the USA has become another version of Canada, with all citizen rights stripped. That would be so very sad and there goes the world's last best hope for freedom and welcome to Droneville.

I am betting he will walk as he should walk. I pray and AMEN!
Old 11-18-2021, 05:24 PM

I absolutely love what he did.
America
Old 11-18-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
How do you know that? Can you be certain? Children and mothers and anyone of any age can kill and have killed another, and the family comes along and says 'he was such a quiet well mannered boy, this is not like him.'

NOBODY here knows this kid. We know nothing at all about him.

I think he either is half a cog out of time or something is off in some way.
I am honestly just assuming but you are correct I don’t know
Old 11-18-2021, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I am honestly just assuming but you are correct I don’t know
I hope you are right.

Everything we think is an assumption. We want to give people the benefit of the doubt. Trouble is he is there we are here.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
If I’m attacked, I don’t know the others intent.
Is it to hit me a couple times? Is it to get me down and not stop? Curb stomp me?…… I don’t know. Therefore I will take every physical attack on myself as someone attempting to kill me.
I will do whatever it takes to stop the attack as fast as possible.
Pretty sad world we live in when that reasoning even needs to be disputed.
Agreed.

Has this happened to you Moose?

To anyone here?

I am very fortunate in saying I have never had someone attack me as an adult. That crap ended in high school.
I did work in bars for many years, there were always a few jacked up liquid courage fueled jackwagons that thought they might try, but I could generally talk my way out of it. If not, even without blows being delivered I / we stopped the crap from happening.

In over 30 years of my current career there have been some very hot headed individuals, some extremely red faces but no actual blows delivered, even once. A brain in the head and an ability to talk generally de-escalates the situation.

It would be very tough to talk your way out of a gun pointed at you, I fully admit I would likely see blood red and completely lose my feces, which would again likely end up with me being shot or in jail.

People wonder why open carry is not wanted in Canada. Ha.

I hope I am never placed in that situation.

My son had a pistol stuck in the back of his head a few years ago in Edmonton, was robbed at gunpoint. He said he was unable to move, even breathe. 6'5+ 300lbs solid as a brick wall, and completely helpless, immovable because of a 125lb tweaker. Everyone with a firearm is powerful.

I feel for this kid. For whatever reason he chose a path that ended up in 2 lives being lost and another damaged severely. What a tragedy,

I am shocked the Police did not shoot him 37 times. Were they not there?

Old 11-18-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Agreed.
No, that's a big part of the whole point of this.

Initial reports from a year ago say that he had to run and search for a cop to let them know what he had just done. If I remember right, nothing happened to him that night from the police side of things either.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Agreed.

To anyone here?

I am very fortunate in saying I have never had someone attack me as an adult. That crap ended in high school.
I did work in bars for many years, there were always a few jacked up liquid courage fueled jackwagons that thought they might try, but I could generally talk my way out of it. If not, even without blows being delivered I / we stopped the crap from happening.

In over 30 years of my current career there have been some very hot headed individuals, some extremely red faces but no actual blows delivered, even once. A brain in the head and an ability to talk generally de-escalates the situation.

It would be very tough to talk your way out of a gun pointed at you, I fully admit I would likely see blood red and completely lose my feces, which would again likely end up with me being shot or in jail.

People wonder why open carry is not wanted in Canada. Ha.

I hope I am never placed in that situation.

My son had a pistol stuck in the back of his head a few years ago in Edmonton, was robbed at gunpoint. He said he was unable to move, even breathe. 6'5+ 300lbs solid as a brick wall, and completely helpless, immovable because of a 125lb tweaker. Everyone with a firearm is powerful.

I feel for this kid. For whatever reason he chose a path that ended up in 2 lives being lost and another damaged severely. What a tragedy,

Perhaps if the authorities had not allowed the riots to get to that level, civilians would not have felt that they needed to take the law into their own hands. People were killed by BLM rioters , because the authorities chose not to use force, for fear of aggravating things..
Old 11-18-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Perhaps if the authorities had not allowed the riots to get to that level, civilians would not have felt that they needed to take the law into their own hands. People were killed by rioters , because the authorities chose not to act.
Finally!
Should have been a few more friendly's packing
Old 11-18-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Agreed.

Nope. Not since I was a kid in school.
I did have a knife to my throat at age 30ish. That ended with the same knife up against his throat.
I’m glad I snapped out of it when I did.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Did the kid put himself in a bad situation? Absolutely he did. But simply being present with a firearm was not illegal, as the judge made clear to the jury. So the jury only has to decide if he was justified to use the firearm in response to being attacked.
Well if the judge says that its legal to be there with a firearm,then that clears up a lot in my opinion. That was my first thought,why was he running around with an AK47? Was he looking for trouble?Protecting himself? Its not an issue now because of this ruling and by looking at the video i would say that he was acting in self defense,he maybe convicted of manslaughter but ultimately its how the jury sees it. But being that he is just a kid and not to bright and not good at decision making he might end up doing community service or something along those lines. Sleepy Joe is not his friend though and his 2 cents shouldnt be considered,but some on the jury might.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
It's terrible in all ways.

I don't think going there was smart. Nor going there armed. It was really really stupid to involve oneself in an environment that unpredictable.

Completely avoidable situation in my opinion.
Also avoidable if the 3 **** rats who were shot had stayed away. Completely avoidable. At least one of who travelled further that Rittenhouse and had an illegal firearm.

Yet this fact seems to get over looked.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Many of us understand the urge, the impossible to ignore pressure to help someone in desparate need. Talk to any volunteer. First in last out, sometimes without care or thought of their own safety, because there is urgent immediate need for aid.

This is not that. This is not the man smashing out windows bare handed to dig kids out of a back seat of a car on fire. It is not someone carrying someone else bigger than them on their shoulders out of a burning house because the bigger guy is too drunk to walk.

This is a child with a gun playing vigilante without thought of consequense.
In your opinion.

And, even if correct, not necessarily illegal.

How about the three who did get shot, who could have avoided the situation by also staying away?
Old 11-18-2021, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
Well if the judge says that its legal to be there with a firearm,then that clears up a lot in my opinion. That was my first thought,why was he running around with an AK47? Was he looking for trouble?Protecting himself? Its not an issue now because of this ruling and by looking at the video i would say that he was acting in self defense,he maybe convicted of manslaughter but ultimately its how the jury sees it. But being that he is just a kid and not to bright and not good at decision making he might end up doing community service or something along those lines. Sleepy Joe is not his friend though and his 2 cents shouldnt be considered,but some on the jury might.
He wasn't running around with an AK47.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
In your opinion.

And, even if correct, not necessarily illegal.

How about the three who did get shot, who could have avoided the situation by also staying away?
There are some on every forum that just don't get it.
They'd bitch if there ice cream was cold.
Not you Sask.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnbears View Post
There are some on every forum that just don't get it.
They'd bitch if there ice cream was cold.
Not you Sask.
Taking that as a compliment...I guess 😊😊
Old 11-18-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
He wasn't running around with an AK47.
Sorry for the mistake so what was he carrying?
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:53 PM

And, to answer the original question.

Based on my very very limited knowledge of the laws of the country and state this occurred in ..... acquit
Old 11-18-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
AR15.

One of those horrible, horrible ‘assault rifles ‘ the Canadian government is ‘protecting’ us from....
Old 11-18-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:
A semi automatic AR15, the AK47, is fully automatic.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I wasn't mocking him, more to the point showing he is a child. A teen. In his mind, behind a rifle mabye he thought he was bulletproof. I bet when push came to shove, he was wishing for a diaper, and when he was sitting in court he realized he may have flushed his entire long life away, in the blink of an eye.

People seem to glaze over the face that this kid shot people. Do we not think that will have a bearing on his entire life, if he lives it?
Ken, 17 year old kids have fought and died for your freedom. His age isn’t the crux of this issue.

-Billy Molls
Old 11-18-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Ken, 17 year old kids have fought and died for your freedom. His age isn’t the crux of this issue.
Amen
Old 11-18-2021, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Did you hear my eyes rolling?

Just my freedom huh?

His actions are the issue.

Old 11-18-2021, 10:09 PM
Banned

Little boy went looking for trouble, found it.

Killed people doing it.

Depends on his jury of peers if he gets off.

Bet his peers let him free.
Closed Thread