Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 06:54 AM
Banned

Default To Acquit or Not Acquit?

If you were a jurist on the Kyle Rittenhouse case would you acquit or not acquit?

I would definitely acquit, to me this is self-defense pure and simple!
Old 11-17-2021, 07:13 AM

Aquit, if he hadn’t defended himself, he would have been killed by the mostly peaceful protestors. If he had been killed it barely would have been a blip in the news.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:20 AM

Hands & toes down > Acquit !!
Old 11-17-2021, 07:28 AM

I'm surprised he hasn't already been acquitted.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:44 AM
Banned

Did you see that Morbidly Obese Prosecutor say, "Everyone takes a beating now and then". Like that rotund lawyer ever had a fight and took a beating in his life, unless he was having a fight over who got more mashed potatoes at the Golden Corral Buffet Restaurant, that can be deadly!

Then the other prosecutor pointed the weapon at the jurists with his finger on the trigger, maybe he was doing an Alec Baldwin impression?

Or the prosecution having to withdraw a charge about the rifle which was not illegal because of its length.

And let's not forget Old Joe saying that Rittenhouse was a white supremacist without any facts whatsoever (rush to judgment). If I were Rittenhouse I would file a defamation suit against Biden.

This case has become a debacle in many ways.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:46 AM

Not guilty, absolutely a case of self defense. How much more running away do people really expect before it’s OK to defend yourself? The left are just pizzed-off that he was armed to begin with, but look at who was there to defend himself against!

Rosenbaum the pedophile set it all in motion, he started the literal dumpster fire, then got enraged at Rittenhouse for extinguishing his handiwork. The guy was a predator and he saw Kyle as a soft, submissive victim who wouldn’t fight back. That was a very dangerous assumption of him to make considering Kyle was visibly armed as he was. His assumption that Kyle was as passive as he sensed turned out to be wrong and he paid for it, though Kyle didn’t shoot him immediately, he attempted to escape. This is not the action of someone bent on killing others as many try to paint the Rittenhouse. Following that, it was mob mentality in Kyle’s pursuit; I find it disturbing that all it takes for people to attack in such a situation is other complete strangers yelling that he did something. I don’t know about all of you, but for me to attack someone I’d have to witness them doing something, and no way would I be charging at a person who is armed with a firearm of any type (I’m not going to vilify the particular type of gun, they all make holes that bleed). As for Gaige being ready to shoot him based on the hearsay people were yelling, consider that situation briefly, the guy was readying to shoot another human based on the shouts of strangers, shouts that were missing a hell of a lot of context.

The left just want to crucify Rittenhouse because he was armed in the first place, especially the AR-15 detail. Having watched lots of video from the scene from multiple angles, I don’t know how anyone could rationally conclude anything other than self-defense. Only people who attacked him got shot, he didn’t shoot at anyone else whatsoever. Even Grosskreuz himself testified that Kyle didn’t shoot him until he pointed his own Glock at him.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:31 AM

From the beginning it was clearly self defense.

I remember the news describing one of the victims as trying to disarm an active shooter. That was the guy who brought a skateboard to a gun fight. They were trying to imply that flying through the air drop kicking someone while trying to bash their head in with a skateboard was somehow a noble deed.

I will not be shocked however if he gets convicted just to satisfy the woke left.

It would be a tragedy of epic proportions.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:41 AM

The way the media painted it was racially motivated killing then I found all those involved were the same race. Like unreal.I hope he is found not guilty and he sues the everyone and every organization that went against him to the fullest extent of the law.
Then there was the cop that got fired for anonymously donating to his go fund me.
Strange times
Old 11-17-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
From the beginning it was clearly self defense.

I remember the news describing one of the victims as trying to disarm an active shooter. That was the guy who brought a skateboard to a gun fight. They were trying to imply that flying through the air drop kicking someone while trying to bash their head in with a skateboard was somehow a noble deed.

I will not be shocked however if he gets convicted just to satisfy the woke left.

It would be a tragedy of epic proportions.
At least two guys brought a gun to a "peaceful" protest, the results were inevitable. After watching the video, I'd have to say he had no choice.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 11-17-2021, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
The way the media painted it was racially motivated killing then I found all those involved were the same race. Like unreal.I hope he is found not guilty and he sues the everyone and every organization that went against him to the fullest extent of the law.
Then there was the cop that got fired for anonymously donating to his go fund me.
Strange times
Liberals especially Chuck Shumer have NO SHAME

Watching Liberals on TV especially on news networks like CNN, MSNBC NBC and talking heads on shows like The View is like watching episodes of Shameless.

Disturbing and disgusting in every conceivable way as far as I am concerned
Old 11-17-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
At least two guys brought a gun to a "peaceful" protest, the results were inevitable. After watching the video, I'd have to say he had no choice.

Grizz
"Mostly peaceful". The liberal way....
Old 11-17-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
Strange times
Reminds me of the Travon Marten case.

Starts in the media as: White predator kills innocent child.

Then with facts: "White Latino" kills innocent child.....

The mainstream media likes to come to it's own conclusions before any facts are presented and then they can't get off of the narrative.

I’ve watched a lot of the trial, fascinating.
Kyle is only guilty of being stupid enough to get into the middle of a riot.
It’s a clear case of self defence and I was impressed at his self control in not shooting people who “came up” on him but posed no threat.

If Kyle hadn't of pulled the trigger he would have been stomped to death.
You shouldn't have to die to prove self defence but we are living in a liberal/conservative power struggle that rather than a fair judicial system.
Should have never been charged.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:04 AM

Who is funding the lies?
Old 11-17-2021, 09:11 AM
Banned

not commenting on guilty/not guilty.....i haven't wasted enough of my life to watch the drama.

BUT, there has to be something terribly wrong with a society that allows a 17 year old kid to go to a riot with a firearm. wth? couldn't they have predicted the outcome?

the whole thing is indicative of the rot in their society.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
Who is funding the lies?
People with like minds who empathize with this absolute absurd, long reaching chaos where no one
can(or is able) to stand against such a twisted world are funding this.

LAPD Tells Residents To Cooperate, Comply With ROBBERS As Burglaries Skyrocket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeGDwPX7kfo
Old 11-17-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post

Just wow....
Old 11-17-2021, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
People with like minds who empathize with this absolute absurd, long reaching chaos where no one
can(or is able) to stand against such a twisted world are funding this.

If Trudeau institutes that law in Canada I think my first stop will be at Cabela's. Just give me one convenience cart and 10 minutes
Old 11-17-2021, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
Just wow....
just seems to me that there is a vast difference in shooting some scumbag who is breaking into your home and taking a semi-automatic weapon to a protest. doesn't it seem to you guys that it would be like pouring gas on a fire? what did these people expect, other than a violent, bad outcome?

now everyone is at odds concerning the verdict, when there should never needed to be a verdict in the first place.

..........guess i'll edit out the semi-automatic part of the post before i get replies. any weapon at all to a protest seems to be asking for trouble (at least in my troubled mind)
Old 11-17-2021, 09:36 AM

From what I saw of the trial coverage… he put himself in a position for bad stuff to happen and it did.

His stupidity of driving cross country with him mom to walk around a riot with a gun was asking for confrontation.

That said… based upon the law as described in the coverage, the place where he is tried and the fact it is a jury… he should be found not guilty.

Enough evidence to suggest he was worried for his life and shot for that reason.

There are holes in his argument such as you are allowed justifiable effort to subdue a treat. If someone is punching you or threatening to punch you, you can’t shoot them. If someone has a gun and is threatening you or some says they are going to kill you with whatever… you can shot.

One guy he killed… his first shot shattered his hip. He waited and fired 3 more times… killing him. May be excessive use of force after the first shot incapacitated his target.

It will be interesting. All victims and shooter are Caucasian. Will riots occur? Hard to say.

Will the argument hold water to say the victims thought Rittenhouse to be an active shooter killing people and the other people were trying to wake down the active threat?

This is also the problem with the argument that people with guns can kill another person with a gun… however which person with a gun is the shooter and which is the hero?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-17-2021, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post
".. taking a semi-automatic weapon to a protest. doesn't it seem to you guys .."
How do we feel about the guy who pulled out his 'illegal carry' concealed 9mm taken out from his rear of
pants/ in the small of back?(he wasn't supposed to even have such a thing on him!)
At least kyle was carrying openly.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
..and how do we feel about the guy who pulling out his 'illegal carry' concealed 9mm taken out from his
rear of pants/ in the small of back?..At least kyle was carrying openly..
Ya that roughen was charged with assault for punching his grandmother in the face, quite the prize! He must have been shocked when Rittenhouse vaporized his bicep. A different outcome when you fight with men vs. grandmothers!
Old 11-17-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North40Rules View Post
Ya that roughen was charged with assault for punching his grandmother in the face, quite the prize! He must have been shocked when Rittenhouse vaporized his bicep. A different outcome when you fight with men vs. grandmothers!
Yup, almost sounds an episode of inconvenienced timing of Karma could be at play.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 'Like'.jpg (23.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-17-2021, 09:48 AM

not guilty on almost everything, but probably guilty on one charge , then judge will say something like time was served, or jail time will be stayed in lieu of house arrest or some thing. but i really think they will find something just to make it look good
Old 11-17-2021, 09:48 AM

Self defence.

He didn't pull the trigger until a gun was pointed at him, a skateboard, a potentially deadly weapon, was swung at him. And two of the people that attacked him were convicted felons. How many of them brought firearms to the riots, when they weren't legally allowed to be in possession of said items?

This situation should not have happened. However, one could argue that if the riots had not of happened and there was police control, Rittenhouse would've never been there in the first place. There is also testimony and evidence that he was there, earlier in the day doing cleanup. He was not dropped off there strictly for the riots.

it's a bad situation all around, however, from what I have read and seen, there should be enough to acquit all charges, not just the firearms charges.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North40Rules View Post
Liberals especially Chuck Shumer have NO SHAME

Watching Liberals on TV especially on news networks like CNN, MSNBC NBC and talking heads on shows like The View is like watching episodes of Shameless.

Disturbing and disgusting in every conceivable way as far as I am concerned
The view is the largest piece of **** on television. I cannot believe anyone can watch that dumpster fire.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:19 AM

Before he shot Rosenbaum he was running away. He only turned and fired after a gun was shot a few feet behind him by someone who was chasing him, not Rosenbaum, but he had no way of knowing that. Only after that shot did he turn and fire. He had reasonable justification to believe he was being shot at and Rosenbaum had threatened to kill him atleast twice earlier in the night.

The second guy... after attacking Rittenhouse the video clearly shows he is actively trying to pull the rifle out of Rittenhouse's hand. There is no doubt Rittenhouse house killed him but I partly suspect that pulling a loaded rifle barrel directly towards your chest might have played a role in getting shot in the heart. As for the third victim, he testified in court that Rittenhouse did not shoot him until he was drawing his own pistol and pointing it at him.

The whole situation is a mess. I cannot fathom a situation where a 17 feels the need to defend his city (his father lived there, his grandma lived there, he worked there, it was his city) from 3 straight days of rioting while the police do nothing and the politicians praise the ones throwing the torches. A lot of things went wrong that day, but Rittenhouse shooting those 3 men were not it. He should be acquitted.
Old 11-17-2021, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
The view is the largest piece of **** on television. I cannot believe anyone can watch that dumpster fire.
I hear you! I have only seen clips of the show on FOX NEWS, which is the only news I watch.

I used to watch most news channels, but stopped watching as soon as I realized that these news channels were turning into Liberal Propaganda Indoctrination Camps, and no longer legitimate new channels

I sure Miss Walter Cronkite and Tim Russert, Chuck Todd blows chunks!
Old 11-17-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
From what I saw of the trial coverage… he put himself in a position for bad stuff to happen and it did.

His stupidity of driving cross country with him mom to walk around a riot with a gun was asking for confrontation.

That said… based upon the law as described in the coverage, the place where he is tried and the fact it is a jury… he should be found not guilty.

Enough evidence to suggest he was worried for his life and shot for that reason.

There are holes in his argument such as you are allowed justifiable effort to subdue a treat. If someone is punching you or threatening to punch you, you can’t shoot them. If someone has a gun and is threatening you or some says they are going to kill you with whatever… you can shot.

One guy he killed… his first shot shattered his hip. He waited and fired 3 more times… killing him. May be excessive use of force after the first shot incapacitated his target.

It will be interesting. All victims and shooter are Caucasian. Will riots occur? Hard to say.

Will the argument hold water to say the victims thought Rittenhouse to be an active shooter killing people and the other people were trying to wake down the active threat?

This is also the problem with the argument that people with guns can kill another person with a gun… however which person with a gun is the shooter and which is the hero?
For some reason i cannot figure out how to take certain qoutes from a post...LOL.

You're comment about "driving cross country" is what makes me cringe when I hear it on the news. It is 20 miles from Kyles moms house to Kenosha (Dad's house). It's like me driving from Medicine Hat to Maple creek. I am driving 30 miles, but have crossed provincial borders.
My 2 cents...
Closed Thread