Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2021, 11:51 AM

Default 2015 Ford Superduty ABS issue

Hoping there's a Ford mechanic on here than can lend me a hand before I end up at the dealer.

Was out hunting and went through a little low area, forgot to turn off traction control but whatever, was a small puddle. Part way through it I get abs, traction control, and brake dash lights. Get out and check fuses and the abs 40amp fuse is blown. Replace it, as soon as I plug in the new fuse I can hear the pump power up as it’s right there beside the fuse box.

Lights don’t go away with driving.

Connect to forscan and I have DTC for ABS-code is C0020:13-C8

Try clearing it and it reappears, fuse is still good. It’s also a previously set DTC and as such I’d expect it to clear, but it won’t.

I’ll add that I setup and drove with my wheel speed sensors and vss sensor on the monitor in forscan and all appear to be working perfectly with.

Any ideas?
Old 10-19-2021, 11:57 AM

Sounds like an ABS pump control circuit issue. You may need a new ABS module... Or you have a short in the wiring somewhere.

The fuses should be 54, 86 and 96 (diagram here).

Check the grounds on that ABS module connector - On the ABS module, disconnect the connector, put the positive lead of your meter on the battery positive terminal, then use the negative lead on pins 13 and 38. They should both show 12 volts if the grounds are good.

Another test is to put the key in the run position and check for voltage at pins 1, 25, and 30. If they are 12V, then you may have a module problem...

This should be the correct pin diagram: ABS Connector Diagram (PDF)

Last edited by Stinky Buffalo; 10-19-2021 at 12:15 PM.