Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Okay, so maybe I need to get out more.

What the heck is a buckle bunny!!!!?????

On second thought maybe I don't want to know.
A buckle bunny is a woman of low self esteem that chases after cowboys. Their lack of sense of self worth forces them to chase the carnies of the farming world.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:26 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
A buckle bunny is a woman of low self esteem that chases after cowboys. Their lack of sense of self worth forces them to chase the carnies of the farming world.

Well that's just sad. Maybe not for the Cowboys with morals but sad for the ladies.

It takes years of abuse to turn someone on themselves.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-12-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Well that's just sad. Maybe not for the Cowboys with morals but sad for the ladies.

My comment was referring to the fictional show. Not so much in real life.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Don't take it literal Keg. Buckle bunnies are just hot for cowboys. That's all. Cowboys see a bunch of girls eyeing them up, and refer to them as such.

Same as a hockey puck. Difference is it refers to being passed around the entire team.

More of a cruel joke than anything. They are not a sad victim of society.

And rodeo cowboys don't have morals lol!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-12-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Thats putting it much nicer than the definition I know.......

And after working a few rodeos I can say buckle bunnies are a real thing and there are a lot more of them than there should be......

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 01-12-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Don't take it literal Keg. Buckle bunnies are just hot for cowboys. That's all. Cowboys see a bunch of girls eyeing them up, and refer to them as such.

Same as a hockey puck. Difference is it refers to being passed around the entire team.

Most often, they're chasing after the guy who won the 'buckle' in the rodeo. AKA the winner. Hence the 'buckle' in 'buckle bunny'.

Most often the highest status girl gets the winner, then they kinda pair up down the ranks in declining statuses.

In the past, I have heard of a girl complaining the next morning that she paired up with a guy that she didn't like because she wanted a better ranking guy.

Watching this happen is kinda a class on how hypergamy works.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:04 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
Most often, they're chasing after the guy who won the 'buckle' in the rodeo. AKA the winner. Hence the 'buckle' in 'buckle bunny'.

Most often the highest status girl gets the winner, then they kinda pair up down the ranks in declining statuses.

In the past, I have heard of a girl complaining the next morning that she paired up with a guy that she didn't like because she wanted a better ranking guy.

hy·per·ga·my
/hīˈpərɡəmē/
noun
the action of marrying or forming a sexual relationship with a person of a superior sociological or educational background.

And now I know the rest of the story

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-12-2021, 05:07 PM

And rodeo cowboys don't have morals lol

Ken. As a former rodeo cowboy I take offense to your comment about us not having morals lol.......and God bless buckle bunnies
Old 01-12-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke74 View Post

Ken. As a former rodeo cowboy I take offense to your comment about us not having morals lol.......and God bless buckle bunnies
Hahaha!

Almost got me.

And there is no dog.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke74 View Post

I was on the towns lacrosse team growing up, whenever out of town all the "lacrosstitutes" would be there. My first girlfriend was a lacrosstitute....Wait....In the end.....she had been everyones girlfriend, even the waterboy
Old 01-12-2021, 08:03 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Well that's a strange way of saying Hubba HUbba. If that's what it is.

I grew up with rodeo riders, some had morals, some didn't. Kinda like the rest of us.

I do get it though, no harm intended would have been a better way to explain it don't you think, or did I get that wrong.

Yeah, the urge to rut can be strong, my hunting buddy likes to say he'd jump a pile of hair on the barbers floor. A bit extreme perhaps but it makes me chuckle. I do know the feeling.

And I'm not above a politically incorrect comment or two myself. I just hadn't heard of buckle bunnies before.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-12-2021, 08:07 PM

Keg, if you have Amazon Prime you should try watching Yellowstone. You might like it!
Old 01-12-2021, 08:10 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Ain't no need to be using them ten gallon words round here cowboy, we'is a bunch of rednecks dont-ch know.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-12-2021, 08:11 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Keg, if you have Amazon Prime you should try watching Yellowstone. You might like it!
ROFL

Us have Amazon Prime ! ! !!! ! We just got rid of dial up.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-12-2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Ain't no need to be using them ten gallon words round here cowboy, we'is a bunch of rednecks dont-ch know.
She's a lookin' fer the next bigger and better deal on a pick up.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:14 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Thats putting it much nicer than the definition I know.......

And after working a few rodeos I can say buckle bunnies are a real thing and there are a lot more of them than there should be......
Maybe the urge to rut is strong in them too.

I'm all for that. Equal rights and equal pay, the modern way.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-12-2021, 08:14 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
she's a lookin' fer the next bigger and better deal on a pick up. :sha_sarcasticlol:
lol

George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-12-2021, 08:15 PM

Quote:
ROFL

Us have Amazon Prime ! ! !!! ! We just got rid of dial up.
You can sign up and the first month is free. Watch the show and cancel Prime.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:37 PM

My wife and I binged this for the last several days. If you take it for what it is (modern western soap opera) and disregard all sorts of technical inconsistencies (running newborn calf, seasons all messed up, grandson shooting at fork horn muley buck and ending up with 4x4 whitetail) it's good entertainment. Beth in particular is a hoot.

Kevin Costner has made me gag forever, but he was great in Mr. Brooks and he is good in this.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster29 View Post
My wife and I binged this for the last several days. If you take it for what it is (modern western soap opera) and disregard all sorts of technical inconsistencies (running newborn calf, seasons all messed up, grandson shooting at fork horn muley buck and ending up with 4x4 whitetail) it's good entertainment. Beth in particular is a hoot.

Kevin Costner has made me gag forever, but he was great in Mr. Brooks and he is good in this.
Dang, I may have to watch it now.

I love to spot inconsistencies in TV and movies, it's the only thing about them that interests me.

Spotted contrails above John Wayne while he fought off a band of Cherokee back in 1892. Later in the same movie the bad guy had a digital Rolex on his wrist. And then there were the jeep tracks across the salt plains at the beginning of the movie and the square bales tied with twine in the shoot out at the stables.

Good stuff, worth the price of admission, and getting kicked out for laughing too loud.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-12-2021, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Can anyone understand what Teeter is saying? I get the gist of it, but they need subtitles.
The actress who plays Teeter is Michael Landons daughter so I think the accent is really put on
Old 01-13-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV911 View Post
The actress who plays Teeter is Michael Landons daughter so I think the accent is really put on
That's right. I heard her do an interview so she's really putting it on thick for the show.

I can't understand what she's saying either. Never knew if her name was Teeter or Tater.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald J View Post
That's right. I heard her do an interview so she's really putting it on thick for the show.

I can't understand what she's saying either. Never knew if her name was Teeter or Tater.
Peter? Rofl

Old 01-22-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster29 View Post
My wife and I binged this for the last several days. If you take it for what it is (modern western soap opera) and disregard all sorts of technical inconsistencies (running newborn calf, seasons all messed up, grandson shooting at fork horn muley buck and ending up with 4x4 whitetail) it's good entertainment. Beth in particular is a hoot..
We just started watching last night and got a good laugh out of some of the things you mentioned... watching them pull that calf was a real laugh. I also need to start fly fishing on horseback...

Other than the obvious "hollywoodism" misses that you mention above, my wife having grown up on a ranch was getting a little annoyed with how loud the horses were at all times. But despite all of that, she loves Kevin Costner (and especially his other "John" role as John Dunbar) and he does make a pretty good cowboy, reminds her of her dad and granddad.

So we are really enjoying it for the entertainment value so far... just need to find out how to get a helicopter on a working cowboys wage

DR
Old 01-22-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRhunter View Post
We just started watching last night and got a good laugh out of some of the things you mentioned... watching them pull that calf was a real laugh. I also need to start fly fishing on horseback...

Other than the obvious "hollywoodism" misses that you mention above, my wife having grown up on a ranch was getting a little annoyed with how loud the horses were at all times. But despite all of that, she loves Kevin Costner (and especially his other "John" role as John Dunbar) and he does make a pretty good cowboy, reminds her of her dad and granddad.

So we are really enjoying it for the entertainment value so far... just need to find out how to get a helicopter on a working cowboys wage

DR
If you owned 300,000 acres I dont imagine a helicopter would be too much of a stretch
Remember Beth said she could throw a stick in the bar and hit 5 billionaires. I take it to mean he is likely 1

Old 09-09-2021, 08:01 AM

Default Yellowstone Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald J View Post
Yeah, big fan. I'm all caught up on season series. The Sopranos on a ranch.
I just caught up on the last weekends Yellowstone marathon. I imagine the new series will start up soon?

This time around, my new PVR eliminated those tattoo, hot tub and bar saving commercials .....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
I just caught up on the last weekends Yellowstone marathon. I imagine the new series will start up soon?

This time around, my new PVR eliminated those tattoo, hot tub and bar saving commercials .....
November 7, I think.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post

Lol. Isn't that the worst thing about Paramount Network? They have about 5 different commercials and only to promote lame programs.
Just enough time to make a sandwich between bits of Yellowstone.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:40 AM
Banned

I always thought they were referred as buckle bunnies because of the indentation of the buckle on their forehead. I guess I was told wrong.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:18 AM

I dont care what some of you guys say, one of the best TV series I have ever watched, always liked Costner. I even purchased All 20 DVD's so can watch any time without commercials. Looking forward to series four. Much better than BS space shows!