Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-11-2020, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
If you were in Government what. exactly would you do in regards to Covid?
This is an excellent question Hal. Every government has been criticized for it’s handling of covid, but when there is zero knowledge of the virus, what is the right call?
Old 11-11-2020, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
snip.
Happy you are on your way to recovery Thank you for sharing your story
Please share any collateral damage caused by COVID. That is the one thing I'm most worried about.
I figure if I get it, I should be able to fight it...however having the beginnings of COPD and having to suck on a puffer everyday, I'd be worried about the after effects
Old 11-11-2020, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Happy you are on your way to recovery Thank you for sharing your story
Please share any collateral damage caused by COVID. That is the one thing I'm most worried about.
I figure if I get it, I should be able to fight it...however having the beginnings of COPD and having to suck on a puffer everyday, I'd be worried about the after effects
I will certainly keep you up to date on my progression.

My biggest surprise so far has been how much better I got seemingly overnight from day 14 to day 15. Throughout the course of the sickness, no matter the symptoms, they stayed at like a consistent 6.5/10. It was like I had a tight chest but not alarmingly tight, I’d have a bit of a headache but it was a minor headache. I’d have a bit of a cough but not a bad cough, it was obviously uncomfortable as I’ve never had a cold or flu I’ve enjoyed, but it wasn’t so severe that I was worried. The most irritating part was how physically drained I felt and how I would get winded by little things like packing Jerry cans across the yard and dumping them in my truck. I wouldn’t have a hard time breathing but it would raise my heart rate like I was running or something.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:01 PM
Banned

Thanks Kurt, I'm just curious if it shreds our lungs
Old 11-11-2020, 05:37 PM

This covid death is all too new even in the medical field when their death occurs regarding covid complications. I would assume that it is because of the underlying factor. For me, as an example, I have medical difficulty on my feet. Would covid affect it, and would it be the cause of my death.

We have to understand that this is a new phenomenon that even the medical expert is trying to get ahead of, so the option, as I can see, is to prevent it.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Just trying to fit in. Pretty sure most would know what I said was tongue in cheek and that I'm not the one spreading false info.

My little brother had a cancer scare in 2013. Was on large doses of prednisone for a year. For anyone not familiar prednisone weakens an individuals immune system considerably. He made it through but his illness looks to have made a return in the last couple of weeks. He's back on heavy doses of this horrible medication now.

My brother is extremely fit. Never smoked, Imbibes very lightly, has low cholesterol, and is bang on his recommended weight for height.. His doctor has advised him to take extra care and that should he contract covid-19 in the next year it probably won't go well due to his forced immune suppression.

So tell me Kurt, if something happens to my brother what should I say was the cause? Prednisone or covid-19? Had to be the pre-existing condition from 7 years ago or the medication right?

To be quite honest I find your summarizations, advice and prognostications on covid-19 offensive. I enjoy most of your postings and think outside of occasions in this forum you're probably an awesome individual, but if you aren't a doctor/epidemiologist then quite frankly nothing you say means squat.

If your brothers doctor is telling him that if he gets covid it won’t go good for him, wouldn’t you consider that a pre existing condition with a weakened immune system and shouldn’t he be extra vigilant in protecting himself? I would suggest that if the doctor is warning him of this that he does in fact fit into the vulnerable column. I was on prednisone for 3 or 4 months then switched over to tramadol, not that it matters but I thought I’d add it in.

I’m not sure what offends you about my covid postings, is it my seemingly lack of compassion? I realize it seems that way but it’s being misinterpreted. I’m a realist, I’ve been saying it from day one that people are going to die, but there is honestly absolutely nothing you or I can do that will protect anyone. Self preservation is an individual responsibility. That may sound like I don’t care about others but that’s not the case. If someone knows they are high risk then they had better do what it takes not to get sick, I can’t wash their hands, limit their social activities or make them wear a mask. The reality of the situation is, is that this is a flu and it doesn’t matter what strain of flu it is, if your brother isn’t immunized it’s not going to go good for him.

I have had covid, I’m not a doctor or physician but I know what it feels like to have it. I also know that I had another flu a few years back when I was in better physical shape that was a lot worse than covid, and that is the gospel truth.

My opinion of what covid 19 would be like turned out to be almost exactly what I experienced once I contracted it, that too is the truth. I’m not a doctor but I’ve been saying all along that high risk individuals should be the ones taking extra precautions, that healthy people most likely have little to worry about, and until we have herd immunity, a vaccine, or both, this virus can’t be hidden from, and after contracting it I still feel the same way. Whether or not it means squat to you is your choice, what I will add is that I’ve been totally honest and upfront about my entire covid experience.
Old 11-12-2020, 07:24 AM

Like all things in life I still think that a few people (serial and new offenders) are going to continue screwing everything up for the rest of us. That’s why our society is overloaded with stupid laws.

Its like herding fish, a school of mentally deficient fish. In the end it forces the implementation of draconian measures on everybody.

Demands on Alberta's health-care system exceeding capacity during pandemic: ICU doctor | CTV News

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/demands-...ctor-1.5185768

Old 11-12-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
My opinion of what covid 19 would be like turned out to be almost exactly what I experienced once I contracted it, that too is the truth. I’m not a doctor but I’ve been saying all along that high risk individuals should be the ones taking extra precautions, that healthy people most likely have little to worry about, and until we have herd immunity, a vaccine, or both, this virus can’t be hidden from, and after contracting it I still feel the same way. Whether or not it means squat to you is your choice, what I will add is that I’ve been totally honest and upfront about my entire covid experience.
And here lies the problem with society and why this virus has been spreading so quickly as of late. The whole idea of "well I had it and it wasn't bad, other people need to protect themselves better". Everyone needs to protect each other in order for us to get through this, plain and simple. I am sure most people on this forum have loved ones or know of people with autoimmune diseases whose bodies may not be able to protect themselves compared to a "healthy" individual. Stop being a nob and understand the risks of the virus for everyone..... not just yourself.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack'n View Post
And here lies the problem with society and why this virus has been spreading so quickly as of late. The whole idea of "well I had it and it wasn't bad, other people need to protect themselves better". Everyone needs to protect each other in order for us to get through this, plain and simple. I am sure most people on this forum have loved ones or know of people with autoimmune diseases whose bodies may not be able to protect themselves compared to a "healthy" individual. Stop being a nob and understand the risks of the virus for everyone..... not just yourself.
Stop being a nob? You expect everyone to follow the rules on covid but you can’t even follow forum rules?

Keep pretending we can stop this, the reality is it’s not stopping until we have herd immunity and a vaccine. Never once did I suggest not to follow the protocols we have in place, I’m sick of the likes of you sitting on a high horse just because follow the protocol and anyone who follows protocols but isn’t terrified of the virus is the problem. Just because I’m willing to face the reality of the situation doesn’t make me the problem with society, it’s guys like you who have zero real world experience but will preach to those who have actual experience. Since you seem to have the answers, can you tell me how my family contracted the virus? I know what AHS had to say about it but I’m interested in what you have to offer.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
According to Global tonight, 207 people hospitalized. That hardly sounds overrun.

Grizz
What is the average # free/open beds in November in Alberta ... 200? 2000? 20 000?

Or more importantly ICU beds?

A few days ago it was 70 doctors writing to the government. Today it is 400. Maybe those on the frontlines have a better idea than you or I about a brewing crisis.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:02 PM

I know that this is about Alberta hospitals straining, but why have almost 2700 health care workers tested positive for COVID 19? Are they catching it at work, are they catching it while off shift, are all recommended protocols being followed while at work and while off shift? You know, masks/hand washing/social distancing/small cohort groups etc.

There have been outbreaks in 10 acute care facilities in the province, 20 long term care facilities and 28 supportive living sites. What's up with that? If all of the protocols are being strictly adhered to, per the healthcare professionals laying them out, how does this happen?

How many of the fatalities, ICU admissions, hospitalizations so far have been directly related to outbreaks at healthcare facilities? Let's not follow the lead of Quebec.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
I know that this is about Alberta hospitals straining, but why have almost 2700 health care workers tested positive for COVID 19? Are they catching it at work, are they catching it while off shift, are all recommended protocols being followed while at work and while off shift? You know, masks/hand washing/social distancing/small cohort groups etc.

There have been outbreaks in 10 acute care facilities in the province, 20 long term care facilities and 28 supportive living sites. What's up with that? If all of the protocols are being strictly adhered to, per the healthcare professionals laying them out, how does this happen?

How many of the fatalities, ICU admissions, hospitalizations so far have been directly related to outbreaks at healthcare facilities? Let's not follow the lead of Quebec.
This is what I’ve been saying, it’s a virus, there is no hiding and people are going to get it. High risk people should be extra vigilant and healthy people will get it and get over it, that’s the harsh reality of the situation that people are having a hard time coming to terms with.

And everybody’s looking for someone to blame, whether it’s the government, health care workers, protocols, parties, whatever. The answer is right in front of us but some have a hard time facing it.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:18 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
This is what I’ve been saying, it’s a virus, there is no hiding and people are going to get it. High risk people should be extra vigilant and healthy people will get it and get over it, that’s the harsh reality of the situation that people are having a hard time coming to terms with.
your right the reality of it is that we are going to get it more than likely sooner or later but that being said we can control the speed of which this bugger is transferred thus not overwhelming our health system and our economy...and be very cautious around those who will have a more detrimental outcome if they get it...just follow a few simple rules...hopefully we get a vaccine that is effective...if not harsher steps/precautions will be implemented...effecting all of us.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-12-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
your right the reality of it is that we are going to get it more than likely sooner or later but that being said we can control the speed of which this bugger is transferred thus not overwhelming our health system and our economy...and be very cautious around those who will have a more detrimental outcome if they get it...just follow a few simple rules...hopefully we get a vaccine that is effective...if not harsher steps/precautions will be implemented...effecting all of us.
One question related to my post above, is "healthcare" doing all that they can do to avoid overwhelming "healthcare"?

If everyone else puts the brakes on, shuts down, and healthcare facilities still end up having outbreaks, has the problem really been solved?
Old 11-12-2020, 01:35 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
One question related to my post above, is "healthcare" doing all that they can do to avoid overwhelming "healthcare"?

If everyone else puts the brakes on, shuts down, and healthcare facilities still end up having outbreaks, has the problem really been solved?
they will work on it one battle at a time....first and foremost we need to do our part.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-12-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:

I’m not sure what offends you about my covid postings, is it my seemingly lack of compassion? I realize it seems that way but it’s being misinterpreted. I’m a realist, I’ve been saying it from day one that people are going to die, but there is honestly absolutely nothing you or I can do that will protect anyone. Self preservation is an individual responsibility. That may sound like I don’t care about others but that’s not the case. If someone knows they are high risk then they had better do what it takes not to get sick, I can’t wash their hands, limit their social activities or make them wear a mask. The reality of the situation is, is that this is a flu and it doesn’t matter what strain of flu it is, if your brother isn’t immunized it’s not going to go good for him.
You know that no one in health care calls it the "flu" right? Yeah covid is a respiratory illness also, but it is a different illness with different pathology, different etiology, and different treatments.

You'd laugh if someone called a moose a "deer". Yeah they belong to the same family but to anyone that knows or cares there are big differences between a moose, a white-tailed deer, a sitka blacktail, etc. By calling it a "flu" when no one that knows anything about it does, doesn't make your opinion stronger, it makes it weaker.

It's great that you got through it okay. It's great that 90-95% of people get through it ok. But what these doctors (and now three health care unions) are concerned about is the demand that 5-10% of those who don't do well with Covid put on the health care system. A system that also has to care for people that need heart procedures, cancer surgery, maternity care etc. If 5,10, 20%, 50% of the resources are now going to Covid patients rather than others then the disease fallout becomes problematic to the whole population. These frontline people likely have a much better idea of these issues and pending crises. The government has to balance that, but also the economy & other things. Unfortunately, most people in government are life long politicos, and I, for one, are concerned about their ability to manage any complex issue (regardless of political party).

Saying that you or I have no responsibility is completely narcissistic bs. Yes, the majority of one's health and safety is their own responsibility, but not all. Just like drinking & driving, firing a rifle recklessly, second hand smoke, job site shenanigans etc can harm others, so can some diseased, contagious person taking no precautions spew virus around them, onto door handles, gas station handles, etc. If they followed certain recommendations, then they wouldn't, or much less frequently. In certain situations these selfish non-compliance people will be put others at risk who can't avoid that situation (e.g. first responders).

Last edited by Jadham; 11-12-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
You are more optimistic than I am, the virus can live indefinitely in the cold, so I’m other words it can literally be floating around in our cold Canadian air, land on your coat, get transferred to your hand when you go to hang your coat up in the closet then go up your nose when you wipe it. Basic social distancing, hand washing, mask wearing or limited gatherings isn’t going to slow it down now, it’s out there and it’s prolific, and now with the cold it’s able to hang in suspended animation.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post
You know that no one in health care calls it the "flu" right? Yeah covid is a respiratory illness also, but it is a different illness with different pathology, different etiology, and different treatments.

You'd laugh if someone called a moose a "deer". Yeah they belong to the same family but to anyone that knows or cares there are big differences between a moose, a white-tailed deer, a sitka blacktail, etc. By calling it a "flu" when no one that knows anything about it does, doesn't make your opinion stronger, it makes it weaker.

It's great that you got through it okay. It's great that 90-95% of people get through it ok. But what these doctors (and now three health care unions) are concerned about is the demand that 5-10% of those who don't do well with Covid put on the health care system. A system that also has to care for people that need heart procedures, cancer surgery, maternity care etc. If 5,10, 20%, 50% of the resources are now going to Covid patients rather than others then the disease fallout becomes problematic to the whole population. These frontline people likely have a much better idea of these issues and pending crises. The government has to balance that, but also the economy & other things. Unfortunately, most people in government are life long politicos, and I, for one, are concerned about their ability to manage any complex issue (regardless of political party).

Saying that you or I have no responsibility is completely narcissistic bs. Yes, the majority of one's health and safety is their own responsibility, but not all. Just like drinking & driving, firing a rifle recklessly, second hand smoke, job site shenanigans etc can harm others, so can some diseased, contagious person taking no precautions spew virus around them, onto door handles, gas station handles, etc. In certain situations they will be put others at risk who can't avoid that situation (e.g. first responders).

I should have worded it differently, but you’re not any better posting your bs that just because I don’t share your panic I must want to spit on gas pump handle. What my point is, is that ultimately the onus is on the individual to protect themselves, and just like anything in life, the only one you can trust 100% is yourself.

I hear all kinds of you bashing my opinion but have yet to hear a single solution to the problem. So far restrictions, masks, hand washing, social distancing, small gatherings have all failed, what’s your suggestion? I don’t want to hear wash mask distance, I could say to do all that but this is something we’re all already doing, so give me your solution.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
they will work on it one battle at a time....first and foremost we need to do our part.
The only way to get to zero cases is to in essence make every province into it's own island, with strict entrance requirements. All roadways/railways/waterways/bridges into each province will need to have checkpoints and non-stop surveillance. Mandatory quarantine in provincial quarantine facility (Hotel) for all international and interprovincial travellers, at your own expense for 14 days. Transport (Hwy or Rail)/freight workers must have negative COVID19 test within a specified period. Etc. Etc. Etc.

It has worked for Western Australia (which is as large as AB/SK/MAN) so far. I'm not sure how well it would work for employees who cross provincial borders daily for work. I guess that they would need to quarantine for 14 day at their employer's expense, work their shift, then likely need to quarantine for another 14 days upon their return.

I dunno, it should theoretically work, until people end up with COVID and are asymptomatic, false negative tests, etc. etc. etc. Could be a bit of a vicious cycle.

Maybe this would be a plus, as it would be as close to Alberta separation as we could get. Better yet, maybe just one big prairie province (oh and most of BC as well)

The Western Australian rules/guidelines are in the link below.

https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/d...r%20categories.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I should have worded it differently, but you’re not any better posting your bs that just because I don’t share your panic I must want to spit on gas pump handle. What my point is, is that ultimately the onus is on the individual to protect themselves, and just like anything in life, the only one you can trust 100% is yourself.

I hear all kinds of you bashing my opinion but have yet to hear a single solution to the problem. So far restrictions, masks, hand washing, social distancing, small gatherings have all failed, what’s your suggestion? I don’t want to hear wash mask distance, I could say to do all that but this is something we’re all already doing, so give me your solution.
At this point the next logical step is to shut down gathering places that have proven to be high risk for viral spread. Bars, restaurants, gyms., etc.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Hi Kurt,

Don't want to start another argument. Also, I live in Saskatchewan and it may be different in Alberta.

I don't have a solution. I would like to see as many businesses stay open as possible. At the same time, I don't want to see anyone, regardless of age or health, die unnecessarily or suffer long term health damage.

I know you don't want to hear the same things over again. However, in my own experience there are many people who do not wear masks and do not maintain a respectful distance. Many do not follow the advice of staying home except for work and essential outings. I don't know for sure, but I suspect many people do not self-quarantine when feeling ill or exposed to infectious cases at work or elsewhere.

For example, I know that there are quite a few rec hockey games being played here and elsewhere. These are certainly not essential no matter how much fun they may be. How about all the bars and clubs that are open every night?

I do wonder what would happen if everyone did all these things all the time. But I don't know either.

Do you think most people are following the advice right now?

If we don't all try, we will never know. Maybe a vaccine will save us.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:

Great response lol. You haven't provided any solutions to this societal problem.

Whose panicking? I go to work everyday and do everything I need as well as recreate. But I do it mindfully of others. Guess you don't? Do you drink and drive also? Other drivers on the road don't need to be driving right? Their solely responsible for their own risks right.

Whose to say our measures haven't helped? Our per capita rates of infection and death are much lower than the US, Brazil, Sweden... all countries which took fewer measures or had presidents that told the population it was no big deal?

Sorry you don't have don't have others you can trust... friends, family, heavens forbid your neighbor.

As for solutions, I am happy enough to follow what experts are recommending... they know more about the issues than I do. The goal, which seems to get forgotten from time to time, was not to overwhelm the health care system. It was not to make Covid disappear.

Last edited by Jadham; 11-12-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
You are more optimistic than I am, the virus can live indefinitely in the cold, so I’m other words it can literally be floating around in our cold Canadian air, land on your coat, get transferred to your hand when you go to hang your coat up in the closet then go up your nose when you wipe it. Basic social distancing, hand washing, mask wearing or limited gatherings isn’t going to slow it down now, it’s out there and it’s prolific, and now with the cold it’s able to hang in suspended animation.
Just when I thought people couldn't be farther off base you go and prove me wrong Kurt.

The virus isn't alive. It doesn't move, it doesn't consume, it is not alive. It is not broken down by the cold, and yes it is carried in water droplets.

Then you double down with we can't slow it down. That is pure BS, since it was slowed down in April on to now where it is spreading much faster. Why? Could it be people like you aren't taking it seriously and gathering or not wearing a mask. Over and over and over it has been shown that wearing a mask, social distancing, and hand washing can significantly reduce the risk of spread.

This is the type of thinking that is very shallow, and very selfish. It isn't hard to wear a mask and stay away from people. I know its hard when family and friends want to meet and there is hugging and kissing and lots of food and joy. To bad that is when it is spreading.

Let us protect the vunerable. But to do that everyone has to do their part. It is not just on the indivdual to protect themselves, but rather on everyone to protect others.

BTW herd immunity hasn't worked for the flu or the common cold, won't work on covid either by the looks of it. So getting it and then thinking you are immune or can't spread it is dangerous thinking,

But none of this will convince you because you are stuck in your own beliefs and nothing will change it.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
Hi Kurt,

Don't want to start another argument. Also, I live in Saskatchewan and it may be different in Alberta.

I don't have a solution. I would like to see as many businesses stay open as possible. At the same time, I don't want to see anyone, regardless of age or health, die unnecessarily or suffer long term health damage.

I know you don't want to hear the same things over again. However, in my own experience there are many people who do not wear masks and do not maintain a respectful distance. Many do not follow the advice of staying home except for work and essential outings. I don't know for sure, but I suspect many people do not self-quarantine when feeling ill or exposed to infectious cases at work or elsewhere.

For example, I know that there are quite a few rec hockey games being played here and elsewhere. These are certainly not essential no matter how much fun they may be.

I do wonder what would happen if everyone did all these things all the time. But I don't know either.

Do you think most people are following the advice right now?

If we don't all try, we will never know. Maybe a vaccine will save us.

I think most are and I know everyone never will no matter how many times we say to do it, and that’s why I have my point of view on the subject. It’s awesome to say follow the protocols, it’s a pipe dream to believe it will happen, unfortunately but realistically, this isn’t going to get under control without herd immunity and a vaccine, it’s just the nature of the beast. Unless of course people are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice and go 100% lockdown, which again is another pipe dream imo.

The way I see it, you can deny what I’m saying or come to terms with it, but in my narrow mind it’s the reality of the situation.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post

Then you double down with we can't slow it down. That is pure BS, since it was slowed down in April on to now where it is spreading much faster. Why? Could it be people like you aren't taking it seriously and gathering or not wearing a mask. Over and over and over it has been shown that wearing a mask, social distancing, and hand washing can significantly reduce the risk of spread.
Why is it spreading so rampantly through the healthcare system because of stupid doctors and nurses like me aren’t masking up and washing their hands? You’re probably right. Obviously you have the solution, I’m all ears donkey.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post

As for solutions, I am happy enough to follow what experts are recommending... they know more about the issues than I do. The goal, which seems to get forgotten from time to time, was not to overwhelm the health care system. It was not to make Covid disappear.
Another one here to bash, insinuate I’m not doing my part while having your holier than thou attitude. Your so called solution is what I’ve been doing, along with thousands of others and we’re looking at jumping numbers. I don’t go out socializing, I wear a mask everywhere I go, I wash my hands, sanitizer in all our vehicles, but I also have two kids, one of which is in elementary school. Enjoy the ride on your high horse, this thing is invisible, silent, has no smell and is extremely easy to catch. If/when it gets you I hope you keep your holier than thou attitude, it’ll help with your healing process.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Why is it spreading so rampantly through the healthcare system because of stupid doctors and nurses like me aren’t masking up and washing their hands? You’re probably right. Obviously you have the solution, I’m all ears donkey.
The more cases that are in the community, the more patients end up in ER. It's just a numbers game. The more patients infected in the hospital, the higher the chance of spread. Donning protective gear prior to seeing a patient, and then doffing that gear after wards is a pain in the .....It takes a lot of time and there is a lot of room for errors. Try doing that continuously over a 12 hour shift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR25COr2FSs
Old 11-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
The more cases that are in the community, the more patients end up in ER. It's just a numbers game. The more patients infected in the hospital, the higher the chance of spread. Donning protective gear prior to seeing a patient, and then doffing that gear after wards is a pain in the .....It takes a lot of time and there is a lot of room for errors. Try doing that continuously over a 12 hour shift.

I’m not knocking what the doctors and nurses are doing, I’m making the point it’s still getting through.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Another one here to bash, insinuate I’m not doing my part while having your holier than thou attitude. Your so called solution is what I’ve been doing, along with thousands of others and we’re looking at jumping numbers. I don’t go out socializing, I wear a mask everywhere I go, I wash my hands, sanitizer in all our vehicles, but I also have two kids, one of which is in elementary school. Enjoy the ride on your high horse, this thing is invisible, silent, has no smell and is extremely easy to catch. If/when it gets you I hope you keep your holier than thou attitude, it’ll help with your healing process.
Hmm, my solution? Or the solutions of those who work in the field and know more than the average joe? You do realize that Australia and New Zealand cut their cases down to near zero right? Yes, with the same shutdowns, masking, hand-washing etc that all the experts are promoting?

Maybe get off your horse...and listen to what others are stating.

And if you are following all the guidelines and recommendations that is great, guess you don't truly believe that an individual is only responsible for oneself and can only trust himself 100%.

Last edited by Jadham; 11-12-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post

Are you saying that all COVID cases were from patient contact while on the job, or is there a chance that some of these positive COVID cases could have occurred while off the job?

I'm talking doctors, nurses, ancilary etc.