Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
I can't wait for airborne. Are all the nervous people prepared for that?
Wait no more...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coron...d-19-1.5789906
Old 11-16-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
MediPac insurance cover 2MM and is Covid guaranteed.
Read the fine print. They cover as long as you have never had just about anything.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Exactly.

When you are already at the tipping point all it takes is the slightest push.
Kinda like the economy?

-Billy Molls
Old 11-16-2020, 09:33 AM
Suspended User

Default Will try to put staffing issues into perspective

As some pointed out, isolating staff is the issue. There is already staffing shortages in most buildings. I can only remember 2 times in the last 45 days where the wife had full staffing. And according to our government's decision, positions that haven't been filled can be eliminated because that shows that person wasn't actually needed. The work can be shown to be shared by others, so delete that position.
It takes a special person to work with viruses, very meticulous and organized. Unfortunately, if the bosses are only counting dollars they don't hire that type. Those people cost more than a green hand. We all know that.

Now think about the approximately 40% asymptomatic individuals, some of those will work in healthcare. Some of those will not be the meticulous type.

Next issue is the type of person who works in the kitchen and food delivery areas. My wife's building employs high school students. Many buildings do. I'll leave you with that to think about.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
All I know is the Respiratory lab said they could find no known cause.

However, I do have all the symptoms associated with hypersensitivity pneumonitis and two possible environmental triggers are present in my home.
I had a lung issue a few years back, very painful. No explanation as to what was causing my issues. Interestingly enough, the ultrasound that I received during the investigation revealed that I had kidney cancer. I was still suffering from the lung issue while I was being treated for the cancer. I was really puzzled that no one seemed concerned about that. In my case, there hasn't been any scarring indicated, however.

I'm fine now, though. Took months.

Incredigirl, on the other hand has been prone to coughs that always seemed develop a persistent cough at certain times of the year.

When I went to her workplace (she's worked there for about twenty years), I noticed that it really stunk of chemicals (it's a place that the public accesses, so it is cleaned to strict protocols). I told her that I would have trouble working there with that stink. When COVID hit and she started working from home, she didn't develop the cough.... Very interesting.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:03 PM

I had posted this risk assessment on another thread on airborne/aerosolisation. It's short and quite informative, especially in regards to warmer/dryer climes in the part about hang time in whatever the relative humidity is.

https://www.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/...111/risa.13500
Old 11-16-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Incredigirl, on the other hand has been prone to coughs that always seemed develop a persistent cough at certain times of the year.

When I went to her workplace (she's worked there for about twenty years), I noticed that it really stunk of chemicals (it's a place that the public accesses, so it is cleaned to strict protocols). I told her that I would have trouble working there with that stink. When COVID hit and she started working from home, she didn't develop the cough.... Very interesting.
Radon gas is the number 2 cause of lung cancer, from carpets, paints, linoleum, etc. My sister has worked in an office her whole career, non-smoker and has that scratchy office cough for almost 45 years.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:01 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
I had a lung issue a few years back, very painful. No explanation as to what was causing my issues. Interestingly enough, the ultrasound that I received during the investigation revealed that I had kidney cancer. I was still suffering from the lung issue while I was being treated for the cancer. I was really puzzled that no one seemed concerned about that. In my case, there hasn't been any scarring indicated, however.

I'm fine now, though. Took months.

I was told that one of the possible causes for my condition was chemicals, but I was told there is no way to know if that was in fact the cause.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-16-2020, 11:09 PM
Gone Hunting

Maybe I have more faith in human nature then some do.

I don't expect people who doubt the official narrative to ignore common sense.
And following the guide lines is common sense.

Granted it seems that many may be ignoring them in some cases, such as at home gatherings.
But I see that as a different matter. I can understand how some may feel safe around those they know when perhaps they shouldn't.

This idea that if one disagrees with any matter they must therefore act against it simply does not hold water in my experience.

I protest the gun control laws but I comply with them. I have doubts about the effectiveness of some Covid guidelines but I comply with them.

Last but not least, although I detest Liberal party ideologies I do not think all who vote liberal are idiots, not even close.

I expect there are as many conservative voters who are idiots as there are idiot Liberal supporters.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-17-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
As some pointed out, isolating staff is the issue. There is already staffing shortages in most buildings. I can only remember 2 times in the last 45 days where the wife had full staffing. And according to our government's decision, positions that haven't been filled can be eliminated because that shows that person wasn't actually needed. The work can be shown to be shared by others, so delete that position.
It takes a special person to work with viruses, very meticulous and organized. Unfortunately, if the bosses are only counting dollars they don't hire that type. Those people cost more than a green hand. We all know that.

Now think about the approximately 40% asymptomatic individuals, some of those will work in healthcare. Some of those will not be the meticulous type.

Next issue is the type of person who works in the kitchen and food delivery areas. My wife's building employs high school students. Many buildings do. I'll leave you with that to think about.

I think Mr. Dave is spot on. If staff isolation protocols were created/followed in continuing care homes, the hospitalizations/possible ICU shortages/fatalities would be next to nothing in Alberta and the rest of Canada. If the outbreaks in these facilities could be mitigated, the burden on healthcare would minimal.