Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2021, 08:04 AM

Default Aussie answer to Greta Thungerg

I don`t know how to bring it on here. Can some one do it. It was on
SkyNews.com.au a Australian new program, he told it like it is.
Old 11-16-2021, 08:25 AM

Not sure which one of those stories you want posted??
Old 11-16-2021, 09:18 AM

Is this it (starting at around 1:50)?

https://youtu.be/L6PQkiKn6gY?t=110
Old 11-16-2021, 09:35 AM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Perspective.jpg (58.5 KB, 324 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 11-16-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Is this it (starting at around 1:50)?

https://youtu.be/L6PQkiKn6gY?t=110
This man speaks more truths in 8-1/2 minutes than I've heard in 8-1/2 years.
Old 11-16-2021, 11:02 AM
AO Sponsor

Hey all... This thread is venturing very close to the political side of things and you can disagree with someones politics all you want, but be very careful how you describe youths please. Act like adults. Youths also use this forum and there is no place for that sort of thing here. Fair warning you will be removed if it continues as such.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 11-16-2021, 11:21 AM

I get what you are saying, but Greta is not a youth anymore. She is an adult of 18 years and will be 19 in 2 months.
Old 11-16-2021, 11:28 AM

I wish Greta’s parents hadn’t enabled this. They’re rich and it seems to me they want to make Greta a “star.” She can make a great and impassioned speech if it’s written for her, haveing seen some live interviews I realize she isn’t as sophisticated as folks have been led to believe. I can’t imagine actually doing this to my own child.
Old 11-16-2021, 11:36 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke74 View Post
I get what you are saying, but Greta is not a youth anymore. She is an adult of 18 years and will be 19 in 2 months.
Truthfully, that kind of juvenile behaviour attacking ones physical appearance out of anger simply because you disagree with them is inappropriate period, and the fact she may now have come of legal adult age is irrelevant. She is still very much a representative, however misinformed we may find her, of youth and as such I think most still regard her as such.

I have said all I will say on it. It is not up for debate and any continued remarks as such will be removed. Stick to discussing the thread topic and leave the rest out.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 11-16-2021, 01:37 PM

Did I miss something or was part of this thread already deleted? I did not see any negative comments from forum members.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by wolves View Post
.....was part of this thread already deleted?
Correct.
Old 11-16-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I wish Greta’s parents hadn’t enabled this. They’re rich and it seems to me they want to make Greta a “star.” She can make a great and impassioned speech if it’s written for her, haveing seen some live interviews I realize she isn’t as sophisticated as folks have been led to believe. I can’t imagine actually doing this to my own child.
I agree, she needs counseling!
Old 11-16-2021, 04:05 PM

It is a shameful that her parents and the Greens would use a mentally handicapped child with Asperger's syndrome as the parrot for their agenda.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:33 PM

Great video, it should be played on every news station in the country.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:39 PM

Exclamation The guilt card is a powerful $$ tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
It is a shameful that her parents and the Greens would use a mentally handicapped child with Asperger's syndrome as the parrot for their agenda.
Cults have always targeted the vulnerable, they are easier to manipulate. In her case, she speaks well and also lends a strong emotional element to the narrative. Not unlike the malnourished child covered in flies on the old UNICEF propaganda, that generated a lot of revenue over the years.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-18-2021, 04:48 AM

Greta get hassled for telling the world to clean up after itself, something your Mommy should have made clear.
Maybe a good paddling would’ve helped.

Don
Old 11-18-2021, 09:33 AM

Greta is a unwitting tool used by her parents and other hard line activists. It's hard to take her seriously and, to be honest, given her vulnerabilities as a young adult now, living with some mental deficiencies, it's not fair to pick on her either. She has been manipulated and used as a puppet and I feel sorry for her despite the venomous scolding she gives us every time she gets an opportunity for attention.

And, to be honest, any intelligent, pragmatic person should be able to simply shut her down by simply making a brief statement and asking a real simple question ...... "I agree we need to address climate change, and it it a very serious issue, ......... so how do you propose we do that ..... specifically to energy and transportation? energy and infrastructure? manufacturing of durable goods (plastics and petro-chem derivatives)? etc.. etc...

What they are feeding her (and what she says up on the podium) is lip service and empty of substance. I am an adult, and understand the issues, and agree with a path toward change .......... but please .... for the life of me save the venomous scolding for the teenagers and kids of your generation who are the biggest consumers of energy, manufactured good (plastics and petrochem) and consumer goods made from non renewable resources. Go fix yourself first, then come back to me with a solution or proposal.

Consumers (and the young generation) WILL determine the path forward with what they buy, how they get to work, where they live and what they eat ... it's self determination - it's really not that hard to complete the circle here. She better get started .... lot's of expectations to manage with her generation, so you better keep your iphone 4 a little longer instead of upgrading every 6 months, better pedal that bike to work or school instead of getting a ride from mom ...
Old 11-18-2021, 10:04 AM

Default Greta ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Greta get hassled for telling the world to clean up after itself, something your Mommy should have made clear.
Maybe a good paddling would’ve helped.

Don
Who is the person, people who needs the good paddling ?
Old 11-18-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Greta is a unwitting tool used by her parents and other hard line activists. It's hard to take her seriously and, to be honest, given her vulnerabilities as a young adult now, living with some mental deficiencies, it's not fair to pick on her either. She has been manipulated and used as a puppet and I feel sorry for her despite the venomous scolding she gives us every time she gets an opportunity for attention.

And, to be honest, any intelligent, pragmatic person should be able to simply shut her down by simply making a brief statement and asking a real simple question ...... "I agree we need to address climate change, and it it a very serious issue, ......... so how do you propose we do that ..... specifically to energy and transportation? energy and infrastructure? manufacturing of durable goods (plastics and petro-chem derivatives)? etc.. etc...

What they are feeding her (and what she says up on the podium) is lip service and empty of substance. I am an adult, and understand the issues, and agree with a path toward change .......... but please .... for the life of me save the venomous scolding for the teenagers and kids of your generation who are the biggest consumers of energy, manufactured good (plastics and petrochem) and consumer goods made from non renewable resources. Go fix yourself first, then come back to me with a solution or proposal.

Consumers (and the young generation) WILL determine the path forward with what they buy, how they get to work, where they live and what they eat ... it's self determination - it's really not that hard to complete the circle here. She better get started .... lot's of expectations to manage with her generation, so you better keep your iphone 4 a little longer instead of upgrading every 6 months, better pedal that bike to work or school instead of getting a ride from mom ...
Her and her generations time will come. Soon enough their kids will be blaming them for how bad they wrecked the environment.

Eventually the narrow focused blindly idealistic exuberance of young generations falls victim to reality.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:26 PM

“Celui qui n’est pas républicain à vingt ans fait douter de la
générosité de son âme; mais celui qui, après trente ans,
persévère, fait douter de la rectitude de son esprit.”

“He who is not a républicain at twenty compels one to
doubt the generosity of his heart; but he who, after thirty,
persists, compels one to doubt the soundness of his
mind.”

Anselme Polycarpe Batbie (19th century academic jurist)

Often transcribed as:

‘If You Are Not a Liberal When You Are Young, You Have No Heart, and If You Are Not a Conservative When Old, You Have No Brain’

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/02/24/heart-head/