Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 06:05 PM

Default Test Results (question)

I know that there is a covid thread where all discussion belongs but I'm not here to argue or start an argument. just a general question for those of you who have had to get a test.

I have a friend that I had visited over the weekend that failed to mention to any of us that were there that he was feeling sick until today, so naturally I'm pretty peeved about that because now I feel the need to get tested (booked for tomorrow) and miss a day of work for that and however long it takes to get my results back since I don't want to be the guy at work that shuts the place down for X amount of days.
(first "sick" day in close to 5 years )

So on to the question:
For those of you that have had to get tested, how many days did it take for you to get your results back?
Old 10-18-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brankon View Post
I know that there is a covid thread where all discussion belongs but I'm not here to argue or start an argument. just a general question for those of you who have had to get a test.

I have a friend that I had visited over the weekend that failed to mention to any of us that were there that he was feeling sick until today, so naturally I'm pretty peeved about that because now I feel the need to get tested (booked for tomorrow) and miss a day of work for that and however long it takes to get my results back since I don't want to be the guy at work that shuts the place down for X amount of days.
(first "sick" day in close to 5 years )

So on to the question:
For those of you that have had to get tested, how many days did it take for you to get your results back?
Inside 3 hours for rapid.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:15 PM

Less than 48hrs
Old 10-18-2021, 06:15 PM

Two days for my test a few weeks ago.

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-18-2021, 06:23 PM

The actual result has come in less than 24 hours both times I've had my brain tickled. Makes sure you sign up for the text and not the phone call - it's quicker.

Everyone I've asked about the rapid test (I had one too) had it come back inconclusive.
Old 10-18-2021, 06:34 PM

Assuming your asking about the PCR test and not the rapid test, it can take as little as within 24 hours to up to 3-4 days. And yeah make sure you have them text you the results.

Last edited by Ricki Bobby; 10-18-2021 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 10-18-2021, 06:46 PM

At the hospital...2 hours. Was there for another reason....but they tested me.

Got the same result 48 hours from AHS people by phone...
Old 10-18-2021, 07:12 PM

My daughter got tested on a Friday at noon, she was texted the results by 8 pm that night.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:14 PM

Rapid test within 30 min, pcr next day service.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
inside 3 hours for rapid.
^^^^^^^
this
Old 10-18-2021, 07:16 PM

I'm getting whatever test they give you when you book it online, I'm really hoping that I get lucky and have the results same day.

Definitely made sure that they text the results too. that way I don't feel the need to be near my phone all day

Last edited by Brankon; 10-18-2021 at 07:18 PM. Reason: add info
Old 10-18-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyd View Post
The actual result has come in less than 24 hours both times I've had my brain tickled. Makes sure you sign up for the text and not the phone call - it's quicker.

Everyone I've asked about the rapid test (I had one too) had it come back inconclusive.
My son was positive on the rapid and I was negative the day after. Same assessment clinic. If you get a negative result, the second swab (they do two if you opt for the rapid as well) that goes to the lab will confirm negativity, but that takes another day. Had the option of throat or nasal.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:41 PM

Can’t remember if I was tested on Monday or Tuesday. I looked it up on text history. I got results on Friday.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:46 PM

Rapid test is 20 minutes.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:49 PM

Just DO make sure they remember to send you your text... Just went through this and though I got my phone call, I did not get the text. Work would not let me return until I had a Text/ Email/ Paper copy of the test results... it took me two whole days to track this down.

Would you believe that pretty much any Tom, Dick and Harry can look up your medical records? They dont even need your health care number, just your name and date of birth... but somehow none of them are authorized to actually give you your own medical information? Its a truly stupid world that we currently live in.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:52 PM

Question asked and answered 👍
Closed Thread