Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2020, 05:01 PM

Default #ownyourvote - reaching out to liberals.

#ownyourvote

I've been doing a lot of thinking and a lot of writing on my facebook.

For the last few days, I've been more or less apopletic. I don't do well with being a victim of anything. My rage has been directed at liberal voters, in particular those who have genuinely been caught off guard by this. What we cannot have are people being the 'silent majority' - we need people to speak up, including liberal voters.

For many liberal voters, there is a very uncomfortable cognitive dissonance. People do not want in general to hurt folks they consider their friends and family. You constantly hear 'Man, I didn't vote for this, I didn't want this to happen to you' -- and so, we need to call people on that.

Engage with your liberal voting 'friends' and put them on the spot. Either they wished to harm you or they do not approve of the actions of the federal government.

This makes many people EXTREMELY uncomfortable because it forces them to acknowledge the truth -- they turned a blind eye and yes, your vote has consequences and people can be hurt by it. Either they support you being harmed or they do not.

Forcing people into this mindset might at least get a few people to notice what's going on. I doubt it will change our situation in any way, but perhaps forcing these people to acknowledge the truth of their choices may make them think.

I'd written this on my facebook. You may copy and paste it or write your own #ownyourvote message, but I would genuinely like to take this to the liberal voters and engage with it.

The people voted for this.

One of the reasons this hurts so much is because I realized I don’t belong in my country. I am so upset about the non-democratic process is that I have been forced to confront the fact that I am an anachronism.

I am the scary old arctic hermit with a “dangerous arsenal” unwelcome in public spaces and seen as the enemy of the common people.

This country has no place for me or no want for me, and because I am expendable it is okay to simply tramp on my civil rights, and if I resist in any way even protesting oh, it’s just that crazy guy who owns guns. He doesn’t matter, the ends justify the means.

The government has subverted my fellow citizens into believing that I am their enemy and my rights matter less than theirs. It is a sobering and sad realization.

It isn’t even about the firearms - they believe their rights supersede my own.
This is what you have done to me if you voted for the liberal government.
Stand up and own your vote and tell me this is what you wanted, or you are a coward.

You are okay with a non-democratic process used to demand asset forfeiture from legal, law-abiding people during an epidemic with no debate, no checks, and balances, and not even the right to meet about it or discuss it as it has been passed during an epidemic.

This is what you wanted. If it isn’t, speak out about it or you are a coward. If you don’t speak out about it, then you are abiding it just as you voted for it.

#ownyourvote

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC
Old 05-02-2020, 05:40 PM

Well written. If I had any social media outside of this I'd follow suit. Good on you.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:57 PM

The silent majority is dangerous. The silent majority allowed the holocaust to happen in ww2
Old 05-02-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
The silent majority is dangerous. The silent majority allowed the holocaust to happen in ww2

This is so true along with all other genocide events around the world.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot
Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...
Old 05-02-2020, 09:11 PM

Thirty 30 I don't think I have any Liberal friendsthat I know of. What you wrote hear is very good. I think most people are missing the big picture of what is happening in Canada and the whole world.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-30 View Post
#ownyourvote

I've been doing a lot of thinking and a lot of writing on my facebook.

For the last few days, I've been more or less apopletic. I don't do well with being a victim of anything. My rage has been directed at liberal voters, in particular those who have genuinely been caught off guard by this. What we cannot have are people being the 'silent majority' - we need people to speak up, including liberal voters.

For many liberal voters, there is a very uncomfortable cognitive dissonance. People do not want in general to hurt folks they consider their friends and family. You constantly hear 'Man, I didn't vote for this, I didn't want this to happen to you' -- and so, we need to call people on that.

Engage with your liberal voting 'friends' and put them on the spot. Either they wished to harm you or they do not approve of the actions of the federal government.

This makes many people EXTREMELY uncomfortable because it forces them to acknowledge the truth -- they turned a blind eye and yes, your vote has consequences and people can be hurt by it. Either they support you being harmed or they do not.

Forcing people into this mindset might at least get a few people to notice what's going on. I doubt it will change our situation in any way, but perhaps forcing these people to acknowledge the truth of their choices may make them think.

I'd written this on my facebook. You may copy and paste it or write your own #ownyourvote message, but I would genuinely like to take this to the liberal voters and engage with it.

The people voted for this.

One of the reasons this hurts so much is because I realized I don’t belong in my country. I am so upset about the non-democratic process is that I have been forced to confront the fact that I am an anachronism.

I am the scary old arctic hermit with a “dangerous arsenal” unwelcome in public spaces and seen as the enemy of the common people.

This country has no place for me or no want for me, and because I am expendable it is okay to simply tramp on my civil rights, and if I resist in any way even protesting oh, it’s just that crazy guy who owns guns. He doesn’t matter, the ends justify the means.

The government has subverted my fellow citizens into believing that I am their enemy and my rights matter less than theirs. It is a sobering and sad realization.

It isn’t even about the firearms - they believe their rights supersede my own.
This is what you have done to me if you voted for the liberal government.
Stand up and own your vote and tell me this is what you wanted, or you are a coward.

You are okay with a non-democratic process used to demand asset forfeiture from legal, law-abiding people during an epidemic with no debate, no checks, and balances, and not even the right to meet about it or discuss it as it has been passed during an epidemic.

This is what you wanted. If it isn’t, speak out about it or you are a coward. If you don’t speak out about it, then you are abiding it just as you voted for it.

#ownyourvote
Can I share this and should I attribute it?
Old 05-03-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfield View Post
Can I share this and should I attribute it?
Sure, if you like. Cut it off at the relevant part, you don't want the liberals to see the part about engaging with them.

No need to attribute it, if you do attribute it to some guy who hunts in the arctic with semi autos

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC
Old 05-03-2020, 02:55 PM

Well written. I just ended a conversation on FB that made me question how I am perceived. What I got from it is:

Legal gun owners are murders/mass murders, they just have not done the deed yet.

My same friend owns a car and also socially drinks (never had a DUI or alcohol issue). I asked if he was a drunk driver, he said no. But he has the means to be one, should we ban his car?
Old 05-03-2020, 03:13 PM

Default Hard Deal

This is exactly what Trudumb wanted. Dividing Canadians. I won't give him credit because he is a low IQ idiot. However, his handlers are masterful.

My hunting partner lost his junk on a colleague of mine on my FB feed because he felt she was an anti. Passions are high on both sides, but knowledge is a black hole on the left wing side of the fence.

There is a 50% chance I am wrong, but I always feel passion can be the enemy of true intellectual engagement. Most shut down or tune out as soon as it becomes heated.

I will come back to what I have already said. The problem lies east of Manitoba, plus the Lower Mainland of BC.

The bloody easterners are never gonna kill the golden goose.

Hide your guns folks. They will be coming for all of them soon enough.

Last edited by sns2; 05-03-2020 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:39 PM
Banned

This country has no place for me or no want for me, and because I am expendable it is okay to simply tramp on my civil rights, and if I resist in any way even protesting oh, it’s just that crazy guy who owns guns.

My research shows me that it is NOT a civil right to own a gun in Canada.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortsideK View Post
This country has no place for me or no want for me, and because I am expendable it is okay to simply tramp on my civil rights, and if I resist in any way even protesting oh, it’s just that crazy guy who owns guns.

My research shows me that it is NOT a civil right to own a gun in Canada.
I am very envious of the Americans 2nd amendment
Old 05-03-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur View Post
Well written. I just ended a conversation on FB that made me question how I am perceived. What I got from it is:

Legal gun owners are murders/mass murders, they just have not done the deed yet.

My same friend owns a car and also socially drinks (never had a DUI or alcohol issue). I asked if he was a drunk driver, he said no. But he has the means to be one, should we ban his car?
I see definite lefties that drive high all the time, so many of them couldn't care less. They're banning firearms over a certain kilojoule of energy potential, ever calculate the ft/lbs or kilojoules of energy of a mid size SUV driving at 65 km/h? 105 km/h? And you've all seen some of the jackpots driving around in cars these days.......
Old 05-03-2020, 04:48 PM

This meme just crossed my path, I think its very good and to the point. It might possibly get through to a lemming or two who are waving in governmental over-reach like they were bloody flagmen at the airport tarmac.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I see definite lefties that drive high all the time, so many of them couldn't care less. They're banning firearms over a certain kilojoule of energy potential, ever calculate the ft/lbs or kilojoules of energy of a mid size SUV driving at 65 km/h? 105 km/h? And you've all seen some of the jackpots driving around in cars these days.......
Yup. Its ridiculous.

The ill-informed seem to think they are the most informed. Words cannot say how disgusted I am with this ban.