Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2022, 10:29 AM

Default Nexus…

Anyone apply for nexus card for travel? I’ve been approved for an interview, but it’s in Minnesota border town. What the heck??
Old 10-14-2022, 11:07 AM

Trudeau has a dispute with US Border officials over a few things including the ability for them to be armed.....

Here's a quote from the link I posted below:

"While Canadians are allowed to head to one of a dozen Nexus centres in the U.S. located near the border, the wait is a long one. Five locations have no appointments available and four have none until next year, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website. The only three spots with openings in 2022 are in Minnesota and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula."

https://globalnews.ca/news/9010222/n...ash-us-canada/
Old 10-14-2022, 01:31 PM

I have Nexus for each member of my family and it is quite handy. I renewed it last year and it took a full year for it to be processed.

When we did it we needed to go into the Edmonton airport to conduct an in person interview. Basically fingerprints and retinal scan. The interview wasn’t needed for a renewal.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 10-14-2022, 01:37 PM

The nexus offices have been closed in the airports for all of the COVID BS, now that the Covid restrictions are lifted hopefully the offices will open and we can get the interview processes going again. Fingers crossed but with our government it may take forever.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:13 PM

Read an article the other day that the US is keeping their offices closed until Canada gives the American Nexus staff the same immunities that the border agents have.

The article was pretty low on details, so not sure exactly what the immunity thing is about. The article said that there are 300,000+ applications piled up.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:23 AM

Wife and I have Nexus cards. Pretty much sell your soul to get them. Complete set of finger prints for the US folks, retina scan for the canuks. Kind of surprised they didn't want DNA. Plus the wait time and in person interview. I'm sure they checked us out out very thoroughly.

Ours expire next year and I have applied for renewal. The website acknowledged renewal in progress and stated there were delays, but we could continue using the old cards in the mean time. They are handy when arriving and there are big lines at customs. Still have to wait for luggage though. I know the covid thing put a wrench in the works, but now there is some kind of issue with security of the agents at Canadian offices. I think it has to do with side arm carry. As a result, the US has closed all canukistan offices.

Seems like a pizzing contest as far as I see.