Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-03-2020, 11:39 PM

Default Alberta Firearms Advisory Committe Named

We have some excellent people on the Alberta Firearms Advisory committee.

Former Calgary Police Chief Rick Hanson (I've heard him make sensible public statements about firearms before. If I recall correctly he was standing opposed to the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police on some issues, in our favor)
Phil Harnois: owner of P&D in Edmonton
Bob Gruszecki: President of AHEIA
Linley Coward of Bullets & Broadheads Range in GP
Andres Blundell: Vice President Canadian Historical Arms Society
Gail Garret: Vice-president of Alberta Federation of Shooting Sports
Lynda Kiejko: Member of 2016 Canadian Olympic shooting team
Nicholas Lui: Competitive Shooter and Canadian Forces veteran
Teri Bryant: Associate Professor at U of C Haskayne School of Business
Todd Loewen: MLA for Central Peace-Notley
Shane Getson: MLA for Lac Ste.Anne-Parkland
Michaela Glasgo: MLA for Brooks-Medicine Hat
Old 06-04-2020, 12:16 AM

Old 06-04-2020, 04:14 AM

It's refreshing to see that AB's Firearms Advisory Committee isn't stacked with over-zealous anti-gun nuts, like the federal one.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
It's refreshing to see that AB's Firearms Advisory Committee isn't stacked with over-zealous anti-gun nuts, like the federal one.

Those are what I call hate groups: they have an overdeveloped bias against something that they really don't know much about, they are chock full of misinformation and have chips on their shoulders and they want others to share their disdain. Basically the same pattern as any hate group you can name.

Being the victim of a random shooting, while tragic, does not make a person a firearms expert any more than being struck by a car makes one a qualified mechanic.

I recently read a very good comparison on a pro-firearm FB group where a man wrote about how his grandmother, she was a Jew from Europe who had survived the Nazi's and their death camps. He noted that while she was a great lady, she carried with her throughout her life a seething hatred for Germans, even those Germans who were born well after WWII had ended. She could be relied on for many things, but she should not be in charge of what happens to Germans. I wish I had saved that one as it was quite striking and well-written as he compared her attitude to the organized anti-gunners and what drives them, which is hate.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:15 AM

Just what we need another committee courtesy of Kenney!

We need him to stand up and tell the turd and his homey blair, to come and pry his AR-15 out of his hands.

Tell Ottawa, Alberta isn't going to comply or enforce their gun laws when it comes to ownership!

BW
Old 06-04-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

We need him to stand up and tell the turd and his homey blair, to come and pry his AR-15 out of his hands.

Tell Ottawa, Alberta isn't going to comply or enforce their gun laws when it comes to ownership!

BW
Well given that Kenney himself is not a gun guy, perhaps asking for advice from a group of experienced and knowledgeable people is a good way to achieve results. It's not going to cost much and it will work better than your photo op suggestion.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

BW
Some lefty troll posted on Kenney's Facebook yesterday insinuating this was just another expensive committee being stacked with UCP supporters, the reply from Kenney's account was fantastic, noting that the committee was volunteers, these people are doing it out of community spirit (granted, for some it affects their income, but they shouldn't have been financially victimized in the first place).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Might add that Phil Harnois (P of P&D) is also a retired EPS SSgt.
Yup, 1/6 of the board has extensive law enforcement experience. Put those two together with MP Glen Motz (former Medicine Hat Police Inspector) and they cumulatively outnumber & outclass Bill Blair and can neutralize his blatant lies, each and every one of them is a far better man than Bill Blair. They're even good men when compared to decent folks, rather than a lying degenerate.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-04-2020 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
X2, people who actually know something about firearms.

Grizz