Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
Yes I am VERY biased....Luved the guy for 40 yrs....and have met the guy...he is one of the most gracious people I have met. I dont care that he committed a few felonies...big deal....no ones perfect....But maybe you are?
I dont know....
Bias wouldn't lead you to thinking a guy won a debate that he didn't ?

I haven't seen the interview yet I may watch it later or tommorow but taking it from a super nugent fan would be like me asking you how great your parents are, Or how great a driver you are.

Not that long ago here I heard about Piers losing and getting whalloped in a debate with Alex Jones and when I watched it it wasn't the case at all, Alex Jones could have written a book on how to lose A debate but according to guys around here (super bias guys) he did great, Forgive me if I am skeptical please.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post

I haven't seen the interview yet I may watch it later or tommorow but taking it from a super nugent fan would be like me asking you how great your parents are, Or how great a driver you are.

Not that long ago here I heard about Piers losing and getting whalloped in a debate with Alex Jones and when I watched it it wasn't the case at all, Alex Jones could have written a book on how to lose A debate but according to guys around here (super bias guys) he did great, Forgive me if I am skeptical please.
No worries matey....to each his own
And ur wobbly weebly attempts at insults are just white noise....with lil meaning if any at all

Maybe a report to the mods on ur insult attempt.....
Not cool to mention my parents....grow up BOY!!!

Last edited by MtnGiant; 02-04-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:

Geee you wouldn't be carrying around a few of your own Biased opinions now would you?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
geee you wouldn't be carrying around a few of your own biased opinions now would you?
bingooooo!!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
No worries matey....to each his own
And ur wobbly weebly attempts at insults are just white noise....with lil meaning if any at all

Maybe a report to the mods on ur insult attempt.....
Not cool to mention my parents....grow up BOY!!!
Wow someone got something out of that that wasn't there at all, I would be happy to discuss anything with any mod here about your problem.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Geee you wouldn't be carrying around a few of your own Biased opinions now would you?
Have you taken any debate classes in High school or university ?

Alex Jones lost that debate so bad it was embaressing, He raised his voice, He mocked his host, He made fun of his accent, He went off on a conspiracy theory about 9/11 besides Alex Jones and his immediate family nobody should have thought he won that debate.

Sure I have bias everybody does, The trick is to a acknowledge it and try to look at things logically not emotionally.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:

Alex Jones lost that debate so bad it was embaressing, He raised his voice, He mocked his host, He made fun of his accent, He went off on a conspiracy theory about 9/11 besides Alex Jones and his immediate family nobody should have thought he won that debate.

Sure I have bias everybody does, The trick is to a acknowledge it and try to look at things logically not emotionally.
What was ur school grade?
Raising ur voice, mocking, making fun, etc.... have nothing to do w/ winning or losing.
And Piers does the same thing...he bullies his guests and cuts them off if its not what he wants to hear.
If u actually concentrated on the dialogue and not the attitude?....it's clear who won....well maybe not to you
Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:

Nope , I was simply pointing out that you , like most people likely have biases . I am sure you are a very smart feller though and I would be no match for a a guy like you in a debate (or as they are known online I pizzin contest)
Old 02-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wow someone got something out of that that wasn't there at all, I would be happy to discuss anything with any mod here about your problem.
Do you not know what ur writing???
Or maybe u dont understand english?
I dont know....maybe cause u dont know....who knows
Old 02-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Do you not know what ur writing???
Or maybe u dont understand english?
I dont know....maybe cause u dont know....who knows
You read something that isn't and wasn't there, If you read it again you may get that I was using your opinion of your own parents as an example of bias, Bias being the subject of the minute and me using it as an example, No mal intent was used toward your parents in any ways, I may suggest you get a thicker skin if you are going to hang around here.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nope , I was simply pointing out that you , like most people likely have biases . I am sure you are a very smart feller though and I would be no match for a a guy like you in a debate (or as they are known online I pizzin contest)
pizzin up a rope ?

Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
You read something that isn't and wasn't there, If you read it again you may get that I was using your opinion of your own parents as an example of bias, Bias being the subject of the minute and me using it as an example, No mal intent was used toward your parents in any ways, I may suggest you get a thicker skin if you are going to hang around here.
OK...I did a re read and I get ur point.
No insult taken...my appologies.
Maybe use a lil better sentence structure.....not run on sentences.
I do know meaning can get out of context when txting/typing.
And maybe I rush read it....
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
OK...I did a re read and I get ur point.
No insult taken...my appologies.
Maybe use a lil better sentence structure.....not run on sentences.
I do know meaning can get out of context when txting/typing.
And maybe I rush read it....
No problem.

Things do get misinterperated without tone of voice and facial expression.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Banned

Pop culture:

Don't you love it?

You do not have to think, just follow the crowd.

One question for you pop culture folks. When Oprah was in Ednomton did she make any mention about the Amber Valley Folks?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 PM

He has come to the US to "educate" N America. Today he questioned why the winer of a Super Bowl is called a world champion if only the american teams are taking part in it. One of the viewers asked him to send a team from England for a challenge, the other one has hoped that over a 100 thousand signature petition to expel him from the US will work.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskra View Post
He has come to the US to "educate" N America. Today he questioned why the winer of a Super Bowl is called a world champion if only the american teams are taking part in it. One of the viewers asked him to send a team from England for a challenge, the other one has hoped that over a 100 thousand signature petition to expel him from the US will work.
Like we need this education from some DP. Ne dobra.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskra View Post
The World Series is played between American teams and one Canadian team, At the Olympics it's clear neither of these countries is the best.

100000 signatures out of 300 million people? So less than one third of one percent ? I'm sure you could get that amount for almost anybody.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
The World Series is played between American teams and one Canadian team, At the Olympics it's clear neither of these countries is the best.

100000 signatures out of 300 million people? So less than one third of one percent ? I'm sure you could get that amount for almost anybody.
The petition for my head has far more votes.................
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
The petition for my head has far more votes.................
How many members here ?.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't pollute myself with that corporate media so I have no idea who this idiot (Piers) is.

Care to provide a description of the bobble head in question?
He could have some good qualites, but in the platform he is in its entertainment with some information.
I actually only know about him through his exposure on the form.
He is on the air to sell product and seems to be doing well.

After reading the thread I think you know what he is.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Banned

Hey Iksra, look at how they are coming at us. Just like the old country.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I don't pollute myself with that corporate media so I have no idea who this idiot (Piers) is.

Care to provide a description of the bobble head in question?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FijmgMpsWc
yer welcome.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
I love when guys pretend to be unaware ,as if it somehow makes them appear superior.
Like those that pretent to be informed often do?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=130633

The Nuge poached. That is sad. I did not know.
Yes
I'm surprised so many dedicated sportsmen were able to forget that.
What an extraordinary co-incidence.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
I would luv to see you go head to head in a gun debate vs Nugent......OH BOY would I feel sorry for you while u withered into a corner
To be honest... I'd feel sorry for anyone that was forced to converse with "the nuge" for more than a few minutes.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
This is where the difference between club baseball vs international is. For our big specatator sports, we pay the best and get the best athletes. Any club team in the world could challenge the league champion in MLB (or NFL, NBA, NHL ) and we all know what the outcome would be. Any team in the NFL would walk through a team of CFL all stars, perhaps only the KHL elite could compete in the NHL, and who really rivals the NBA?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
and who really rivals the NBA?
ummmmm Argentina and Yugoslavia
Old 02-05-2013, 05:16 AM

Quote:
The Nuge was on earlier on CNN at 5pm as well....God Bless the man
He can tune an ignorant mind as well as he can tune a guitar
Generally speaking, I don't usually agree with your points of view particularly because to me you don't seem to have established beliefs. It seems like you tend to wiggle around in the middle somewhere unclear about just what to think one way or the other. However, this quote is fantastic. Seemingly, your recognition of Ted Nugent's contributions speaks volumes. Great post!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 AM

I watched it to remind me why I don't watch CNN. More info-tainment than actual news magazine. Poorly produced, mostly people talking at and over each other in sound bites. No serious debate and in a rushed format.

I wish I could get that 40 minutes of my life back.