Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-18-2011, 11:00 PM

Was there for a few hours with my son yesterday, we got it figured out which side by side I am buying, and bought a cool little trailcam. Can't remember the name, by they are just down from the AO booth, I can't wait to get it out and see what it does. I met some cool people, from the board, and saw some old friends too. Was overall impressed, and even got a shoutout from a couple TV guys while they did one of their seminars. Thanx guys, my son was kinda befuddled on that one.

Will be back tomorrow to partake in the usual Saturday madhouse, and hopefully see some more forum members......Hopefully one is packing a cigar for me......
Old 03-18-2011, 11:27 PM

Was there today had a great time ..biggest ever and .. biggest in western Canada.. chat with a few people and listen how to ice fish .. thanks Brad
Old 03-18-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushnell View Post
Ab Bigbore you are looking for Big Country Outdoors, but all the had left tonight was a 204. I was was talking to one of the guys there and they are hoping to get some more in tommorrow.Overall the show was good, found a few good deals, renewed my subscribtion to AO,and also picked up a decal for my truck.
were they seriously $600?? was that the scoped package or just plain gun? snow camo or? I cant sleep lol . 204 or 22250 i dont care. just not a .223 as im getting that in the precision carbine
Old 03-18-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
..biggest ever and .. biggest in western Canada..
Actually biggest in Canada now!

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 03-19-2011, 12:35 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
were they seriously $600?? was that the scoped package or just plain gun? snow camo or? I cant sleep lol . 204 or 22250 i dont care. just not a .223 as im getting that in the precision carbine
Regular camo....no scope. Said regular $895.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:49 AM

Thx for the post. Was hoping for snow camo. Guess a guy could pick up a stevens 200 or a 111 and send it to get camo dipped in snow camo for less money
Old 03-19-2011, 05:28 AM

The 204 was regular camo with scope. He thought that some snow camo might come down, but not at that price. He said that they would have some kind of deal on it.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushnell View Post
The 204 was regular camo with scope. He thought that some snow camo might come down, but not at that price. He said that they would have some kind of deal on it.
thats too bad. Savage model 10 Predators are priced the same anywhere you go .. as in if wholesale sells one in Hunter Brush camo for $1.. they will sell in snow camo for $1 too. P&D would sell them both for $10 if wholesale sold them for $1 lol jks

The only way Id pay more for a model 10 predator if the only difference was the camo it had.......is if it was the newer Max 1 with the accustock

Im sure ill find something to adopt today
Old 03-19-2011, 11:32 AM

Hopefully headin there on Sunday with jamesc from the forum, lookin forward to a guys day with our sons, see y'all there!!
Old 03-19-2011, 04:05 PM

Hit the show today, was pretty decent. Saw some old faces, chatted with the guys at Corlanes first thing this morning (was good I was there early!). Busy booth they had and some nice showcases of their handy work. Turns out the Schram boys knew my Father really well many years ago, he was in the gun industry and passed away last year in April. Was kind of funny to hear another side of a story my Dad kind of didnt like to talk about much, lol.

Have to check out the lube/oil place right on the corner....Charlies Angels were sighted there......the young forestry boys accross from them were getting eye-fuls all morning. Was nice to see a hall dedicated to hunting and the fact it wasnt tucked in the basement was nice too.

Lefty
Old 03-19-2011, 05:17 PM

Thumbs up

Well.... I made it to the show. Ran into 209x50, lilsundance, Brady, and Rob Miskosky all in a group at the AO booth. Picked up a couple decals.. One for the vehicle and one for the gun safe.

All of them thought it was funny I was fighting Bartons for a cheaper price on the Savage 10 Predator package rifles....

......but I did walk away with a Savage 10 Predator in brush camo... In .204 Ruger... came with the matching bases..rings... And Simmons scope with adjustable objective lense....all for $650....No taxes!!!

I enjoyed the show... I didn't stay long. I only came for the hunting area. Disappointed I didn't run into T.J. Aka Sheephunter.......again. Maybe next year.