Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-11-2011, 10:08 AM

Default CJAY 92 - Anti-hunting rant!!!

I have listened to CJAY here in Calgary since '97 always liked the station and still do, but........

Last night at about 8:00pm, on the 6th sense show, Kerri Kasem went on a rant about how the hunters have caused the cougar to go extinct. I could not believe my ears, but she repeated over and over that the cougar is now extinct. She went on to say that stupid hunters should get the hint that we are killing all the animals and our excuse of using hunting to control the populations is complete crap. She added that we should let nature take its course and control itself.

Well, i haven't experienced a more misinformed, ridiculous, anti-hunting rant on the media since Rick Bell's article on the Grizzly bear season closure in the paper years ago. It just boils my blood to hear sheltered celebrities scatter their brainless regurgitations through the media, thus informing a vast majority of other gullible anti-hunters across North America.

Facts mean nothing to them. On the bright side, that was the last i heard of her on the show for the next 2 hours. I wonder if they took them off the air because of that?

Did anyone else hear this last night?
Old 03-11-2011, 10:14 AM

Default The misinformed speaking to the uninformed!

That is a quote from by dear departed father concerning "talk" radio and the type of show just mentioned.

I just hope and pray for my country that the public shares dad's opinion and try to get at the truth by means other than the radio.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Default cougar rant

Gosh... and now our Govt. sees fit to propose an opening of a Cougar season in 100 and 500 wmu for the Extinct species... let alone allow a landowner the rite to keep one of these Extinct species if shot on their land.... what next????
Old 03-11-2011, 11:00 AM

Default write the program director

Didn't hear the rant but misinformation like this hurts us as hunters.
Just wrote the program director.
Rob
Old 03-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned

Phone or email the boss of the radio station that you are going to be boycotting their advertisers.

Phone the advertisers and tell them they are being boycotted for advertising on an anti-hunting station.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 AM

lots of cougars in my town jk. but ya thats stupid i got madder and madder reading that
Old 03-11-2011, 11:29 AM

I just sent an e-mail to the station manager stating my disgust for said rant.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 03-11-2011, 12:08 PM

Email sent
Old 03-11-2011, 12:14 PM
whitetalehunter12

Old 03-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Anyone got a link?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-11-2011, 12:28 PM

I never heard the program, but would love to voice my opinion to them.
Can one of you provide us with some contact info?

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 03-11-2011, 12:32 PM

Default contact

from the page:

http://www.cjay92.com/contactus.aspx
Old 03-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Gone Hunting

How about a link to the rant? I've been on the site and not had any luck finding it.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-11-2011, 12:48 PM

Default rant

I looked this morning and also couldn't find anything by Kerri about cougars
Old 03-11-2011, 12:56 PM

Email sent
Old 03-11-2011, 01:13 PM

This is very unfortunate. I was driving through Calgary on my way to Canmore a couple weekends ago and heard how the radio station does this secret wish segment. They basically donate money, gift, toys, food to families that have had tragedy strike them.

The story and family I heard that day almost literally had me in tears while driving on Stoney Creek trail. I thought to myself, what a great radio station and what a great cause.

Then I hear something like this and some half-cocked half-wit starts spewing BS on the radio waves. I wonder if any of those families hunted and I wonder if she would rather take back the stations generosity because of it....because apparently in her opinion hunters are stupid and probably don't deserve her help or sympathy......

Lefty
Old 03-11-2011, 02:30 PM

I would like to see where she is getting the information that states "cougars are extinct" cause i find it very hard to believe that an entire species went extinct, without being noticed.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:37 PM

Betcha ten to one she just made it up. There is absolutely no way in hell or anywhere else she did the slightest bit of research.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:40 PM

This is an American show. CJAY has nothing to do with what is said. Thats Casey Kasem's daughter.... Kind of a hottey.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Some diggin on the wesite found her email address,

kerri@sixxsense.com

Maybe if she wants to make statements like she did she might care to hear from some folks who beg to differ. She is a rocker....and likely wears leopard prints....how else do you think rockers get those prints

Sick "The Nuge" on her....

Lefty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbAngler View Post
This is an American show. CJAY has nothing to do with what is said. Thats Casey Kasem's daughter.... Kind of a hottey.
CJAY might re-think having her on the show after today.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Well, the cougar ain't extinct in the States either lol. If I remember correctly, they're rebounding down there too. (previous statement not to be taken as fact)
Old 03-11-2011, 02:50 PM

google Kerri Kasem's web page and leave comment about how misinformed she is .. dont leave threats or such just tell her cougars are well and alive up here and she should google cougar attacks and see for her self.. uninformed people spout uninformed messages for the PR or because they love to hear themself's talk ... that is all i have to say on that..

kerrikasem.com
Old 03-11-2011, 03:00 PM

I did send Kerri an email directly. The contents were exactly as follows:

Kerri,

All i ask is that you please review facts before you go on a rant about something as controversial as the anti-hunting movement. If you would have done 1 second of research you would know that cougars are far from being extinct. I don't know where you got this information, but it is completely ridiculous, and completely wrong!

If you would like me to do the research for you then let me know, but i am certain that you will not even reply to this email as you don't even want the facts. You will just continue to spout your misinformed, ignorance in support of your cause (whatever that may be).

I noticed Nikki didn't say much of anything after your rant and i didn't hear either of you on the show for the next 2 hours......Your show was broadcast to me through CJAY 92 in Calgary, Alberta.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:03 PM

I do believe that 100%, but as far as i am concerned, this whole ordeal is just a puplicity stunt.

But because i am very curious where this assumption came from, i would love to see the stats that led to this assumption, but again, the stats could have been fudged to create this publicity stunt, which is mainly directed to urban people who have no clue what hunting is.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:15 PM

i think what shes talking about is how the us department of fish and game or whatever they call themselves ? just recently declared the eastern cougar extinct. it was in the herald the other day.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:23 PM

i posted on ted nugents facebook this could be interesting lol
Old 03-11-2011, 05:12 PM

that's the main problem, its seems that nobody understant that we are part of nature, can somebody tell me when exactly the human species got separated from nature..... WE ARE JUST ANOTHER PREDATOR.....we deserve the same right than wolvee or cougar

retards like peta separate us from nature, than brings the animal in our new group by giving them rights.... right, something invented by men fo men
Old 03-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 View Post
that's the main problem, its seems that nobody understant that we are part of nature, can somebody tell me when exactly the human species got separated from nature..... WE ARE JUST ANOTHER PREDATOR.....we deserve the same right than wolvee or cougar

retards like peta separate us from nature, than brings the animal in our new group by giving them rights.... right, something invented by men fo men
x2
Couldn't agree more.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleberry View Post
She added that we should let nature take its course and control itself.
I feel sorry for people who think that they are seperate from nature. I don't know how they got so disconected from life. I grew up in a subsistence hunting family so I don't see man as seperate from nature but rather part of it.

Cougars are extinct? Guess she has never heard about them taking dogs off leaches up here. We even had a local skier killed and eaten by a cat here.

Guess the gal doesn't read or watch the news.

Disconected folk try and fill their empty lives with causes. The rant is ussually man bad nature good, they are a wee bit lost.

One of my favourite quotes to throw at the greenies.

"You can't control nature your part of it!"...Grey Owl

***Grey Owl was one of the fathers of the conservation movement in North America. A British guy living in Canada pretending he was a native guy. He went back to Europe on speaking tours pretending he was an Indian chief. Guy had a few screws loose but even he knew he wasn't seperate from nature so he was brighter than this individual on the radio at any rate.

Grey owl eventualy got a job with parks canada and was given a cabin to live in, he sharred it with his wife and 2 pet beavers. Turns out parks has a long history of habituating critters.