Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-27-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Anyone hunt in wmu936

hey everyone.... does anyone here hunt in 936... I am fairly new to hunting... I like this area because it is so close to home..... Anyone have any tips for me? will be going out for white tail, rabbit, grouse.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:51 PM

Default 936

I think 936 is the Blackfoot Grazing Reserve. You cannot take any motorized vehicles into it even if you shoot something. You shoot, you carry. Whitetail general is open Nov 9-23rd. You can't shoot any furbearing animals ie: rabbits or coyotes. And I believe that you are now too late to register to hunt there. Did you register?
LB
Old 10-28-2007, 12:33 PM

Default re.936

936 is great if you don't mind walking and or packing animals out. There is no shooting rabbits in there, only birdgame and big game. Whitetail season is Nov.9 - Nov.30, elk and moose on draw Nov.1 - Nov.23. You need a discharge permit issued by the park rangers, if you give them a call they should be able to arrange a time you could do this.
936 consists of grazing fields and areas of heavy bush/beaver ponds. I would suggest that you give a grunt tube a try after quietly sneaking into some of the hollows surrounded by timbered ridges, after a hour still hunt until you come across another likely area to grunt. The important things if you are going to hunt the bush is that you must move quietly and keep mind of the wind or you will just move deer ahead of you without ever knowing they were there.