7 6 9.38%
8 4 6.25%
9 3 4.69%
10+ 35 54.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2018, 10:28 AM
Banned

Exclamation Grizzly Bear Conflicts 2018 Poll

I'm sure it will be sad to see who's right at the end of the year but these human bear conflicts are only going up every year and have for awhile. Anyone know where the stats are on this we can add some links? Make your guesses.

I'm going to say conflict meaning mostly physical contact and worse but possibly just very aggressive incidents can also be included in this where life was threatened.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:35 AM

Problem is AEP threatens to charge anyone involved in a conflict resulting in a grizzly bear death. They make you feel lucky not to be charged and your told to keep your mouth shut. Phones are checked to ensure you have no pictures.

I know because it happened to me. A buddy saved my life.

These things happen I would guess over 20 times a year and it’s swept under the rug.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Problem is AEP threatens to charge anyone involved in a conflict resulting in a grizzly bear death. They make you feel lucky not to be charged and your told to keep your mouth shut. Phones are checked to ensure you have no pictures.

These things happen I would guess over 20 times a year and it’s swept under the rug.
Well maybe for this poll we don't have to include what just makes the newspaper...lets include what we find out among our network here.

Excellent point. Who knows, maybe after 2018 this thread might get looked at by the right people if it turns out to be a bad year. Maybe it can make the news and help educate the truth out there so the masses aren't playing west of 22 so ignorantly and maybe save some lives, injuries, even bears.

All of that knowledge should be public imo.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Banned

We should maybe have a sticky across general/hunting/fishing sections for each year to record bear conflicts whether 'news worthy' or not? Doesn't have to be this one but it could be a good resource at some point for more than just us outdoorsmen/women? I'd suggest if this thread gets used as intended just come back to it and share what you learned through the season?
Old 05-14-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post

No worries here,if I'm ever forced to shoot a grizz I'm picking up my brass,turning around and getting ta #%* outta there,keeping my mouth shut,and hunting somewhere else for the rest of the season.....unless of course I'm obsessed wth chasing a particular B&C cranker there,then maybe I'll continue hunting the area...WITH A DIFFERENT RIFLE CHAMBERED IN A DIFFERENT CALIBER! 😜
Old 05-14-2018, 02:51 PM

2-4 will make the news, 10+ will be shot in self Defense, at least that again guys will be shooting off their near spray or firing warning shots
Old 05-14-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
2-4 will make the news, 10+ will be shot in self Defense, at least that again guys will be shooting off their near spray or firing warning shots
And double those figures for the amount that are shot and not reported.😜