Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-13-2018, 06:11 PM

Default Top notch Leica warranty

Just thought i would share my experience with Leica.

I bought a used Leica 1600b range finder around six years ago. I used it extensively hunting and yote hunting. When yote hunting, it always sat open to the elements on a small white towel besides me in the dead of winter. One day in the house, I noticed that looking through the lens, it looked a little murkey/milky. I sent it off to Leica to see what they thought and waited for a reply. This was a used rangefinder so i had no warranty paperwork for it.

I received an email from them a few days later with a invoice with nothing on. In the repair description, there was nothing. I replied back to them to see what was actually done to it. The reply was that in the 1600b rangefinders, they just replace the whole unit free of charge. Return shipping included. Total turnaround was two weeks. I couldn't believe it.

Happy customer here.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 05-13-2018, 07:29 PM

Nice! Where did you send yours too? I sent my Heovids away and I swear they didn’t do anything to them lol.

LC
Old 05-13-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Nice! Where did you send yours too? I sent my Heovids away and I swear they didn’t do anything to them lol.

LC
Leica camera USA
repair@leicacamerausa.com
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 05-13-2018, 11:05 PM

Good to hear!! I had similar experience with Leupold on a pair of about 15-20 year old binos- got a new upgraded replacement pair. Good to see companies stand behubf their products!!
Old 05-14-2018, 07:36 AM

Recently sent in crf 1200. Bought them new about 12 years ago. Of course I never filled out the warranty card when purchased (never bother with stuff like that). Ranged pretty decent when new, but got progressively worse over time. Should have sent in years ago, but finally got around to it this year (no registration or warranty card to go with it either). I'd talked to a fellow by the name of Brian Bell down in New Jersey and they sent me up a prepaid UPS label no charge. Shipped it down and a month later had a brand new 1600 (as they no longer make the 1200) in my hand.
Disappointed in the fact I had to use the Leica warranty, but they stood behind it