Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-28-2007, 12:31 PM

Default dam mulies

well i have been hunting real hard this last two weeks trying to get my archery mule deer before the season ends on wednesday so i been on my gut a lot trying to sneak within range of several diffreent deer but as i reach the 60 yard mark i get typical white bum bouncing away do any of you have any advice that could get me within a 40 yard range
thanx
Old 10-28-2007, 01:18 PM

Just keep trying....sooner or later one will be in the right place that you can sneak in there and get a shot.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:48 PM

If your getting within 60 yards, id say your doing pretty good. try sitting more and see if they come your way.
This is my first year bowhunting and even though the season is ending, I still will probably bowhunt thru the rifle season.
Ive got a new respect for anyone taking animals with a bow, the odds are stacked against you.
good luck
Old 10-28-2007, 05:32 PM

Default October stalking

With all the leaves on the greound and all the grass drying out it is almost next to impossible to stalk in that close this time of year. Maybe you are also not taking enough time that last 100 yards can take a long time ( hours ) if need be. You can try taking off your boots and putting on an extra pair of wool socks that may help you out a little.

Better yet buy a blind. I went out yesterday set up in an open field with my Double bull in a spot deer usually enter the field at, 2 hours later I was surrounded in mule deer does and a small buck. Tag filled.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:16 PM

wait for good wind. it helps covers your noise & scent.