Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2024, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Lmao off on that one ,I'm sure they do.
It’s not as though Jake is likely to be any different, so that’s a level playing field.
Old 03-11-2024, 09:34 AM

Mike will probably double his net worth in one night. Think probably get at least 20 million. Pretty hard to turn that down.
Francis Nagano got paid 20 million it get a beating by Joshua the most he got in ufc . was 600000.
I don’t think Boxing will ever be big event like it was in the past. When Tyson first got out of prison it felt like every sport fan in the world was watching him fight.
Before he went to prison the guy was unreal. Not even 6 feet tall 20 years old and destroying professional boxers
Old 03-11-2024, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
Mike will probably double his net worth in one night. Think probably get at least 20 million. Pretty hard to turn that down.
Francis Nagano got paid 20 million it get a beating by Joshua the most he got in ufc . was 600000.
I don’t think Boxing will ever be big event like it was in the past. When Tyson first got out of prison it felt like every sport fan in the world was watching him fight.
Before he went to prison the guy was unreal. Not even 6 feet tall 20 years old and destroying professional boxers
Francis also fought Tyson Fury for 10 million , Dana White doesn't like to see his fighters go to boxing because those big paydays are few in UFC. Dana can lose 2 million a night playing blackjack ,but pay only 600k to his heavyweight champ .

It's big event in Saudi Arabia ,they got tons of cash so this might bring up some good boxers ????
Old 03-11-2024, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
Tyson probably could use the money.
Its kind of crazy to think that Champion boxer could get to this age and still need money.

Best part of boxing to me are the stories
Chuck Wepner the real Rocky Balboa. The determination so inspiring.
Mohammed Ali, his positivity. His words. Lot to be learned from him.
George Foreman and what a better humans being he turned onto eventually.
Tyson starting off at absolute bottom with everything against him.
None are snowflake generation
Old 03-11-2024, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Its kind of crazy to think that Champion boxer could get to this age and still need money.

Best part of boxing to me are the stories
Chuck Wepner the real Rocky Balboa. The determination so inspiring.
Mohammed Ali, his positivity. His words. Lot to be learned from him.
George Foreman and what a better humans being he turned onto eventually.
Tyson starting off at absolute bottom with everything against him.
None are snowflake generation

Yuppers the stories I agree...

Like when Jim Lampley was asked what is/was the greatest thing in boxing he has ever seen or witnessed, getting emotional and with tears in his eyes he says " Gatti Ward 1 round 9" I absolutely agree. Two warriors that had the best trilogy in boxing history and ended up being best friends.

Thats yesteryears boxing. Todays boxing is a joke. You couldnt even have any trilogy of interest with the current tomato cans and plugs in the the top 5 of any division.

Boxing is the one sport that has gone backwards instead of evolving into something better.

As for Tyson, seems alot of folks here have strong opinions about lives they have never lived. Typical...

Last edited by 1899b; 03-11-2024 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-11-2024, 05:42 PM

Jake Paul is tougher and smarter than he looks. He has plenty of money so he wouldn't take this fight unless the odds are in his favor.

If they do actually fight, I hope Iron Mike ruptures Paul's spleen or knocks him out.

Gerry Burnie
Old 03-11-2024, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post

Like when Jim Lampley was asked what is/was the greatest thing in boxing he has ever seen or witnessed, getting emotional and with tears in his eyes he says " Gatti Ward 1 round 9" I absolutely agree. Two warriors that had the best trilogy in boxing history and ended up being best friends.

I really liked Arturo Gatti; he let it all hang out in the ring. Survived for 16 years as a fighter only to get killed by his wife while on vacation 2 years after retiring.

Gerry Burnie
Old 03-11-2024, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
The same thing could have happened to any of us if we were uneducated, not loved by anyone, given millions of dollars with no real understanding of how wealth works and surrounded by professional con men.

Gerry Burnie
Old 03-11-2024, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Personally, I think it's a farce, but if Paul killed Tyson, he should get double his pay.....To me, Tyson is the lowest form of scum on Earth

Boxing has deteriorated to joke status.
I think this is worthy of repeating.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:56 PM

I think I read some were that Tyson and Holyfield combined made around 500 million in money fighting ( not in including endorsement) and there net worth combined was around 5 million and about 4 of that was Tyson’s. This was years after their careers ended Tyson has been making money with selling himself holly field I hope make some off his name.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
The same thing could have happened to any of us if we were uneducated, not loved by anyone, given millions of dollars with no real understanding of how wealth works and surrounded by professional con men.
This thread kind of sparked my interest in boxing. Watching stuff on utube with mike Tyson talking about himself how used to think happiness was things. Now he knows its between your ears,being thankful, without the trials he couldn't make the progress. Life is about preparing us for death,etc.
Joe Frasier, Ali,Foreman it seems they all became friends later on in older age.
Listening to their interviews and their philosophy. I'm thinking their fighting when way past their prime or past when they should be doing it. I dont think its all about money anymore.
I get it.
Old 03-13-2024, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Jake Paul is tougher and smarter than he looks. He has plenty of money so he wouldn't take this fight unless the odds are in his favor.

If they do actually fight, I hope Iron Mike ruptures Paul's spleen or knocks him out.
Depending on the deal arranged in some of these fights I think he gets paid the same amount whether he wins or loses.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off in the Bushes View Post
Even with head gear I’m sure Tyson has the power to put him to sleep.
The head gear only helps keep his ears from being gnawed off!
Old 03-13-2024, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
The head gear only helps keep his ears from being gnawed off!
Bahahahahahahaha
WDF
Old 03-13-2024, 06:07 PM

I kind of agree with Oscar De La Hoya here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta0NxIbv1u8

This fight is just circus, for money and popularity. It is not good for boxing, not good for Tyson's legacy, and not even good for Paul if he wins.
Old 03-13-2024, 07:52 PM

Netflix is streaming the fight ,so they will make a ton .De Le hoya gets zip,dana white gets zip. The two guys who both love Mike ,but are both worried about his legacy .BS If they had a chunk of this fight they would both be pumped, hypocrisy to the core .both hypocrites.

You have friends in life, but your main friend is your wallet . They all liked Mike on the rise ,but when he fell who was around a couple true friends . .Once he crawled back up friends were back ,everyone wanting Mike on there podcast or show ,media creeps.

Mike thinking I got young kids ,20 million more lets go .He's got a mellon like a granite rock .Plus he is crazy

You can be the richest man around ,you go broke no one calls plus your an idiot .Remake your fortune your the man, go figure
Old 03-13-2024, 07:59 PM

Tysons last fight with Roy Jones all went to charity or donated ,He refuse to take the cash.....

May do the same ,bet he gives lots away .
Old 03-13-2024, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post

Thats yesteryears boxing. Todays boxing is a joke. You couldnt even have any trilogy of interest with the current tomato cans and plugs in the the top 5 of any division.

Boxing is the one sport that has gone backwards instead of evolving into something better.
As for Tyson, seems alot of folks here have strong opinions about lives they have never lived. Typical...

Been a long time since I saw that one. That may be the best round of boxing ever. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 03-13-2024, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Tysons last fight with Roy Jones all went to charity or donated ,He refuse to take the cash.....

May do the same ,bet he gives lots away .
He has definitely grown into a much better human being. I like him.
Old 03-13-2024, 08:56 PM

Ali and Frazier in Manila there was nothing left in the tank at the end of that fight pretty much nothing left in the tank for the rest of their careers after that fight. I read that Ali ring side doctor quit after the fight said he could not continue to watch Ali hurt himself.
After grudge match fight it must take a long time for the body to heal.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:02 PM

“Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson is reportedly being targeted to be an officially sanctioned pro boxing match – Texas Commission will make the final decision on this,”

Lets hope and if it is, Tyson will crush Paul. As mentioned, head gear or not.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Hutchinson View Post
“Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson is reportedly being targeted to be an officially sanctioned pro boxing match – Texas Commission will make the final decision on this,”

Lets hope and if it is, Tyson will crush Paul. As mentioned, head gear or not.
Oh wow. I was wondering if it would be officially sanctioned. You are right, if Tyson is cut loose to actually fight, he won't need stamina. He will crush Paul with knockout power in the first round. Power is the last thing to go with age.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:03 PM

I think exhibition match only. No ones going to sanction a fight involving a 58 year old boxer......could be wrong ?? However it goes down i hope Mikey pounds the snot out of that arrogant You Tuber.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:29 PM

I'll be surprised if any boxing commission will sanction this fight given Tyson's age and the weight difference. I've never heard of a pro fight with head gear. I don't think head gear is still worn in adult men's amateur boxing since most experts agree that the head gear doesn't reduce brain injuries.

I won't pay to watch this fight so I don't really care if it happens or not, but if two adults decide they want to fight then let them settle it on the ice, in the street or in the ring.

Gerry Burnie
Old 03-14-2024, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I'll be surprised if any boxing commission will sanction this fight given Tyson's age and the weight difference. I've never heard of a pro fight with head gear. I don't think head gear is still worn in adult men's amateur boxing since most experts agree that the head gear doesn't reduce brain injuries.

I won't pay to watch this fight so I don't really care if it happens or not, but if two adults decide they want to fight then let them settle it on the ice, in the street or in the ring.
I dont understand why someone in their prime would think its good to take on a 58 year old former best in his day champion but I kind of think for Tyson its just because so much passion for being in the ring. Sort of like guys getting on colts when way to old,etc.
On utube there is a channel called motivational madness. Tyson was on it. He seems like a pretty decent guy now. Nothing like before
Old 03-14-2024, 02:31 PM

I want to see Tyson destroy this guy!

If you mess with the bull......old or not, he's a pro and a killer.
Old 03-14-2024, 03:28 PM

This is purely set up for the sake of entertainment and Vegas betting.
Old 03-14-2024, 03:37 PM

If it adds anything to the discussion, Chuck Liddell's opinion is, IF Tyson lands a couple punches he will win. The power is the last to go. Guess Paul will dance around the ring and just survive....but who knows, purely entertainment for sure.
Old 03-18-2024, 11:10 AM

Default Don't blame him

He was only 6 months old at the time, he doesn't know any better.
Maybe he's trying for the van Gogh look?

OT- Whatever the outcome, they will both walk away richer than they were before the fight.
Bread and circuses FTW!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mike & Jake.jpg (18.2 KB, 31 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 03-18-2024, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
.To me, Tyson is the lowest form of scum on Earth

Boxing has deteriorated to joke status.
I will challenge this statement... Trudeau and Guilbeault are the absolute lowest forms of scum on this earth.... Tyson is no angel but nowhere near Trudeaus level of scum.

But I do agree that boxing is a joke for the most part.

My moneys on Iron Mike if this actually goes down.