Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 PM

Default donations to a pond of your choice

I wish you could donate money to the ponds of your choice for there yearly stocking. I know i would and alot of people i know, make the fishing hole close to home worth going to. Would you? They could make it easy have the stocking list of lake where you buy you tags and you pick the amount. Not sure the price of fish but i think a little will go a long way when you buy as many as alberta dose.

thanks
Old 08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned

Basically your saying you want a private pond that people can buy tags to fish out of and keep fish. It actually cost alot more then people to stock regular rainbow trout then most people think.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:51 PM

I believe we already pay through our license fees.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 08-06-2009, 11:08 PM

We pay already, and every morning I wake up disapointed as people even fish out my trout dreamz
Old 08-07-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy perch fisher View Post
Basically your saying you want a private pond that people can buy tags to fish out of and keep fish. It actually cost alot more then people to stock regular rainbow trout then most people think.
No not tags or private pond the same fishing rules but you could help support ponds in your area so you have better fishing. I am sure if i donate money into fish & wildlife now it would go some where that dose not effect me at all ( which is not all bad ). I just saying if there is 20 people that really like fishing dewitts pond for example and they each donated 20 dollars you could have and extra 400 dollars wroth of fish to bite your hook. I am sure the costs are high but would give a little to help out. Now yes some people that take every fish home with them will take advantage of it but, the fishing would still be better than before. Like in Oyen town pond the town donates money to have more fish stock there every year. ( i heard almost 1000 fish a year) and it is a great pond for any fishermen (kids do not sit all day and get bored they have a little fun)
Old 08-07-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntar View Post
No not tags or private pond the same fishing rules but you could help support ponds in your area so you have better fishing. I am sure if i donate money into fish & wildlife now it would go some where that dose not effect me at all ( which is not all bad ). I just saying if there is 20 people that really like fishing dewitts pond for example and they each donated 20 dollars you could have and extra 400 dollars wroth of fish to bite your hook. I am sure the costs are high but would give a little to help out. Now yes some people that take every fish home with them will take advantage of it but, the fishing would still be better than before. Like in Oyen town pond the town donates money to have more fish stock there every year. ( i heard almost 1000 fish a year) and it is a great pond for any fishermen (kids do not sit all day and get bored they have a little fun)
The problem with this is that like everything else, the goverment used to support like most of our programs it is mostly run by volunteers. If we keep giving to the goverment federal or provincial than the goverment will no longer support these programs. Their attitude is let them volunteer if they want the program. The same would happen here, if we as fisherpeople started to volunteer our money than the goverment would stop stocking ponds and let the fisherpeople do it themseves. I can see the headlines now " Fishermen and women unwilling to stock ponds for the kids at wherever"
Sounds good dosnt it.
It sounds like a good idea and very well might be but beware If the goverment can get out of something that cost them money ( even though we pay for it ) they will. My 2 cents worth.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=flygirrl;363965] The same would happen here, if we as fisherpeople started to volunteer our money than the goverment would stop stocking ponds and let the fisherpeople do it themseves. I can see the headlines now " Fishermen and women unwilling to stock ponds for the kids at wherever"
Sounds good dosnt it.

very very good point the goverment sucks
Old 08-07-2009, 03:28 PM

Yes unfortunatly that is the way it works, I have seen it to often as a volunteer. The goverment expects more and more from volunteers and we have no choice if we want to keep going but to push ahead. Volunteers spend tousands of their own dollers to keep the organizations afloat and Im afraid it would happen with this type of setup.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:32 PM

I should have added that if we as fisherpeople really want to make a difference in a kids life than take them fishing. Im sure there is organizations out there that would love to have someone take the kids that they are in charge of fishing. IE: big brothers, big sisters, that would be a better way to spend your doller. I know what your saying, believe me I do but it JUST WONT WORK.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntar View Post
It cost roughly 3-4 bucks for a small rainbow trout 8inches. Doesn’t matter how many you stock in a lake near or inside the city. They will always get fished out in a matter of a month or 2. The closer the lake the more fishing pressure it will receive. The only way to possible do this is to make it private and to charge a fee to fish it.