Old 03-16-2024, 10:05 AM

Default ***scam alert***

***SCAM ALERT***
AMMUNITION RELOAD STORE CANADA
GRAHAM SONKO
Grahamsonko971@gmail.com
sales@ammunitionreloadstorecanada.com
***SCAM ALERT***

I'm embarrassed, but want to prevent anyone else from experiencing this. I recently "purchased" ammunition from an online vendor I had not heard of before who came up on a search. I didn't follow my usual due diligence with new online vendors, and was scammed as a result. There were some minor irregularities on the site, but the prices seemed reasonable. So after I paid by emt, I received an order confirmation, and order number. Then radio silence. No shipping notice, no return communication. Then, when I looked around a bit, I see he's listed as a known online scammer.
Interestingly, I discovered I had looked into an online vendor a year ago, thought it smelled bad, and retreated. Turns out, same guy, different company name. Hopefully, this post may save someone else the headache. I'm fully aware these creeps exist, and usually am vigilante. Beware the great deal.
I support my LGS, and established vendors, either online or brick and mortar. This was a search for an obscure calibre, and I allowed myself to be led down the road of temptation. I will throw this one in my (thankfully) small collection of wooden nickels.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:19 AM

The biggest red flag should be the EMT payment.
Sorry to hear that man. See if you can talk to your bank - I have heard that sometimes they can reverse the e-transfer or something like that if you can prove it was a fraud….
Old 03-16-2024, 11:05 AM

I think that scumbag has 3 or 4 different fradulent sites.
Old 03-17-2024, 02:06 PM

Thanks KGB, funny thing is, I've been doing more emt lately to ease pressure on the cc. The site does advertise accepting cc's, but the option is not on the checkout. I am talking with bank and RCMP, more to keep their files up to date. I'm not holding my breath on reparations. At least I followed my practice of doing a small test run on new sites. Sigh.
Old 03-17-2024, 03:14 PM

Did want to hijack this thread but I just came across the marketplace post where the “seller” was offering a car for sale at a super good price…. So I contacted the seller and was told that she posted the ad for her sister who is actually selling the car I should contact her via the email…. Right away the red flags went up but I decided to entertain myself a little. Here is the email from the “sister”…:

“My name is Sarah Mosley and I'm the owner of the 2012 Acura MDX. The car is still available. It is in perfect working condition, with nothing mechanically wrong. It's a very clean car with no problems at all, the engine and transmission are excellent, zero rust,133,000 km on the car. Just so you know, the vehicle is in perfect condition, no damage, no scratches, never involved in an accident. It is running perfectly and it's non-smoker.
Click here to see more pictures.
I'm selling the car because of a sudden and unexpected job opportunity that required me to relocate to a different country ( Germany ) overnight. Unfortunately, I had to leave behind many belongings, including my beloved car, as I rushed to start my new life in the new city. While it's heartbreaking to part with the car that has been my faithful companion through thick and thin, I have no choice but to let it go in order to adapt to this unforeseen change in my circumstances.
The vehicle is located at uShip in Whitehorse, YT in a container, sealed and ready for transport. I can't handle this transaction so I made this deal through uShip so my presence isn't necessary. The car is already at the uShip warehouse in Whitehorse, YT along with all the paperwork and the transaction will be done through them. uShip will handle the shipping, the payment, and the paper exchange.The deal includes free delivery for you and it will arrive at your address within 1-4 days with all the necessary documents for registration. Trading through uShip gives you the chance to test drive and inspect the car for 5 days with no payment to the seller. You will receive the car, enjoy a 5 day inspection period and then I will receive payment.You will have free delivery.

So if you are interested in buying please reply with your full name, shipping address(Street,City,Province,Postal Code) and phone number so I can notify uShip that you are selected as my possible buyer, and they will contact you shortly with the transaction details step by step.”

I replied to her in a very rude manner that I can’t post here…. I also reported the profile and her ads to FB but she is still there, FB will not ban scammers, only the good people.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:28 PM

Reporting it to others may help. They are starting to go after these people.

https://antifraudcentre-centreantifr...gnalez-eng.htm
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-17-2024, 09:35 PM

I found a dodge viper on Kjiji for 3000 today but before I could send a bag of cash it was gone.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:46 PM

The reloading scam sites are so obvious, that anyone that really pays attention, will see that they are scams.