Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-30-2017, 06:38 AM

Thought the outdoor game as sensational, as did the players and the fans. Very nostalgic with the snow falling. Potential troubles were same for both teams and ultimately didn't have a huge impact on the outcome.

Canada's poor decisions cost them this game.

45k people in the stands. Wish I was there.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
This should have never gone to over time. 2 bad selfish penalties, no discipline. Take em behind the wood shed and smarten up. Better now then in the medal rounds. Hopefully they learn from this.
X2
Pin
Old 12-30-2017, 09:28 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
Thought the outdoor game as sensational, as did the players and the fans. Very nostalgic with the snow falling. Potential troubles were same for both teams and ultimately didn't have a huge impact on the outcome.

Canada's poor decisions cost them this game.

45k people in the stands. Wish I was there.
My son was there, said it was awesome, great experience and fun for all involved....Canada lost that game, yanks just kept coming...major junior hockey is summed up, loads of talent, Too much testosterone and a handful of brain fart's. That's why it is fun to watch!
Ya never really know the outcome until the bitter end.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-30-2017, 09:29 AM

Ok Canada. Let's move on and kick arse today. Work hard. No penalties. Make us proud.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-30-2017, 08:20 PM

Still too many bad penalties. But 7 - 0.

Yikes Denmark. Don't give the kids a power play lol. Team Canada protecting the top power play line and giving others play time.

Game is more like a practice session.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-30-2017, 08:20 PM

8-0. Power play worked good.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:05 PM

Default Canada VS Swiss today at 1:30 pm

Canada...keep the penalties down and work on shots to the net.

Go team go!
Old 01-02-2018, 01:08 PM

Job not ready, so I get to watch this one in real time! Did you see the interview with the Swiss coach? Pretty funny stuff....

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...3-a492ea37c02b

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-02-2018, 03:09 PM

The whole game is in the Swiss zone. I think I saw Hart opening his Thermos and having a coffee, waiting for some work in his end...and then the Swiss score off Fabro's skate. Good for the Swiss, not shut out and completely embarrassed.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 01-02-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:06 PM

Great gold medal game so far. Go Canada go!

Fastest pace game ever.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Great game, but do have a beef with the officiating and the very quick whistle that cost Canada a goal in the first...but a great game none the less.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Very nice to see the Swedes have adopted the Canadian style hockey over the last several years. They have realized that they are Vikings and stopped the dipsy doodle flashy play of the typical European team . I have always felt that if Canada can’t win the gold then Sweden should.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 01-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Agree, they are playing a very tough physical game, loving it. Swedes are not 'underdogs' by any means in this one.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:20 PM

Woohoo
Old 01-05-2018, 08:25 PM

Gold!!! Well deserved, great game.

Swedish tears are delicious.....

Old 01-05-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Gold!!! Well deserved, great game.

Swedish tears are delicious.....
Swedish kid who took his silver off and threw it into the stands should be spanked.

He will regret that big time tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:46 PM

He regrets it already. They got his medal back for him.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 01-05-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Swedish kid who took his silver off and threw it into the stands should be spanked.

He will regret that big time tomorrow.
I had to rewind it, couldn't believe he did that either...somebody will have a word with him I'm sure.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:55 PM

I think that Sweden underestimated Canada. They saw that they lost in the outdoor game against the Americans. That wasn’t a real game. That was a gimmick. Luck had way more to do with that outcome than skill did in that event. I think that Canada ended up in an undeserved underdog roll.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 01-05-2018, 09:17 PM

Canada was surprisingly disciplined. One penalty. Swedes 5 penalties. At times I thought Sweden had good control, momentum. However in the 3rd period the momentum shifted to Red team. The first missed deflection with 5 minutes left, the momentum shifted. Red team shifted into overdrive. Was an exciting game.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Banned

I love that Canada won but honestly, I think that Sweden played a better game. If not for Hart we would have lost. Look at the shots on net and scoring chances, all Sweden. A very tough loss for them. Our guys battled hard against adversity and found a way to win......awesome! That’s the way that I saw it despite the happiness of winning GOLD!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:49 PM

Canada has been on that side of the coin many times. Canada has been the better team that has lost on numerous occasions. Sweden was likely a little bit overconfident this time.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 01-06-2018, 08:34 AM

Default Tossing medal is embarrassing to Sweden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I had to rewind it, couldn't believe he did that either...somebody will have a word with him I'm sure.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...toss-1.4476183

He shows such poor sportsmanship I am sure it will hurt him if he makes the NHL.

His leadership qualities suck. Maybe if he thought about it...had he shown better personality skills they could of won.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
He shows such poor sportsmanship I am sure it will hurt him if he makes the NHL.
My son and I were talking about that last night. He is coaching with our local U-16 team right now, and he says that a highly skilled kid with a bad attitude is the worst sort of cancer on a team, and smart coaches stay away from them.