Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 08:15 PM

This post sure brings back the memories of when I tried to rent out one of my houses, never again. Call in the middle of the night because a breaker tripped. Brand new washer was leaking after 3 weeks, whole door seal somehow got sliced to shreds. Have to bail on the lease with no notice because they don't like the town.

With what you have said already, I would give these people back the money and conciser it a blessing in disguise. These people sound irresponsible and clueless.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
This post sure brings back the memories of when I tried to rent out one of my houses, never again. Call in the middle of the night because a breaker tripped. Brand new washer was leaking after 3 weeks, whole door seal somehow got sliced to shreds. Have to bail on the lease with no notice because they don't like the town.

With what you have said already, I would give these people back the money and conciser it a blessing in disguise. These people sound irresponsible and clueless.
Some people are insane/stupid. I had a lady trying to negotiate my rent for my place before she had seen it.. i politely said no multiple times. She then got angry when i refused to show the place to her.

Had a rig worker who was currently out of work and between jobs. No big deal as he was up front at the initial showing and he had a wife who worked. He said he could show 3 years of tax assessments showing income which was ok... but his credit check came back with multiple loans from money mart in the last 30 days.

He got angry when i didnt want to rent to him...

Another young lady couldnt figure out that her $17 an hour job wasnt enough to cover her rent, utilities, food/car. After i pointed this out she magically had a side business making big $$$.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:55 AM

Default Again.. Thank You

Turns out everyone who said to keep the damage deposit was right and try to get a new renter soon as I can. I just called Alberta Resolution board and this is basically what they said. And if they don't take this for an answer then they could apply it to resolution board themselves.

What a weekend. Thank you so much everybody.

And all of your tips and advises has been noted next time I'm going to use it
Closed Thread