Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-13-2014, 08:13 PM

Default $100 cash to whoever can help me

I am trying to strip down my M1A to go into a Troy chassis and the gas plug will not budge. It is now starting to strip. I cannot find a gunsmith who will do it, so anyone who can do it, I will give you $100 cash. Would prefer if we could get it done tonight... I had plans to sight it tomorrow.

This gun is really starting to **** me off, I feel like it was assembled by an ape.

Last edited by ToXicXxX; 06-13-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 PM

You turning it the right way ? If it is really that tight, I'd consider wrapping the knurled part in cloth and using vise grips.

Grizz
Old 06-13-2014, 08:55 PM

If it were my gun and I was that annoyed I'd heat up the piece it screws into. The heat should expand the steel enough that it comes loose. I take no responsibility if it breaks anything on your gun though. Thats just what I'd do if it were mine and I was having problems.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
If it were my gun and I was that annoyed I'd heat up the piece it screws into. The heat should expand the steel enough that it comes loose. I take no responsibility if it breaks anything on your gun though. Thats just what I'd do if it were mine and I was having problems.
Tried heat, tried everything. It's now 100% stripped, a 3/8 socket just spins now. So looks like my brand new M1A is pretty useless. Thanks springfield for letting a heard of apes assemble my gun, this is just phenomenal.

Looks like im waiting 5+ weeks to have someone remove it, if they even can. This is just awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
You turning it the right way ? If it is really that tight, I'd consider wrapping the knurled part in cloth and using vise grips.

Grizz
Counter clockwise.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXicXxX View Post
Tried heat, tried everything. It's now 100% stripped, a 3/8 socket just spins now. So looks like my brand new M1A is pretty useless. Thanks springfield for letting a heard of apes assemble my gun, this is just phenomenal.

Looks like im waiting 5+ weeks to have someone remove it, if they even can. This is just awesome.

Counter clockwise.
I think theres a special tool your suppose to use for that nut....Crappy deal hopefully you can figure something out.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I think theres a special tool your suppose to use for that nut....Crappy deal hopefully you can figure something out.
The tool holds the gas system, it's not for the nut. You just use a 3/8 wrench (as listed in my troy chassis instructions). I tried everything anyone had said online, and it didn't do crap all.

I now have $5000 worth of M1A stuff for a rifle I can't use. This is swell.

If anyone here can fix this I'll pay you whatever, I just want to be able to use my frikkin gun.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:23 PM

What type of M1A is it? just a Standard, Loaded, Match? (not that it makes a difference, I'm just curious cause I like M1A's. If its already ruined I'd use those sockets they make for removing stripped bolt heads. Looks as if the part will need to be replaced anyways.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:25 PM

Found this:

http://m14forum.com/m14/111202-gas-p...l-new-m1a.html

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i.../t-313347.html
Old 08-07-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXicXxX View Post

I am trying to strip down my M1A to go into a Troy chassis and the gas plug will not budge. It is now starting to strip. I cannot find a gunsmith who will do it, so anyone who can do it, I will give you $100 cash. Would prefer if we could get it done tonight... I had plans to sight it tomorrow.

This gun is really starting to **** me off, I feel like it was assembled by an ape.

2 words. Washing machine.

Throw it in a sack then on the gentle cycle. Important, the GENTLE cycle. 20min then bobs your uncle.

You're welcome.