Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2019, 10:06 AM

Default Vacation

We just came back from Puerto vallarta went down for a wedding it was a good trip we are talking about booking a trip for next year. Looking at punta cana area.
Anyone been there and could suggest a nice resort.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:53 AM

Haven't been yet but we are going to the Royalton Bavaria in in Punta Cana in January! Definitely looks like a great resort.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:00 AM

Went to Barcelo Bavarro Punta Cana on Boxing Day about 10 years ago. Loud, crowded and run down. Likely been renovated since. Beach was awesome otherwise a hard pass.
Avoid fishing excursions in that area unless you like being a cork in a washing machine.
Fished for 15 years off shore in Ucluelet, so I was not concerned at all, but this was another level of pain

Last edited by omega50; 11-20-2019 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_K1500 View Post
Haven't been yet but we are going to the Royalton Bavaria in in Punta Cana in January! Definitely looks like a great resort.
I am in the Royalton in Cancun as I type this (waiting for my girlfriend to dry her hair so we can pop by the breakfast buffet). Beautiful resort. Surprisingly great food. Not a rowdy party resort either (regrettably in my case, as I’m still at that stage of life).
Old 11-20-2019, 08:58 AM

Just got back on Saturday from Grand Sunset Princess resort in Playa Del Carmen. About 45min from Cancun airport. It was a huge resort about 700 rooms. Nice resort the grounds were kept real nice, nice beach, nice pools, lots to do right on the resort, nice big theatre for evening shows. Nice cold drinks and for how big the resort was no huge line ups for drinks at the bars or at buffets.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:26 AM

We're big fans of the Excellence brand. Six years straight now, five at Excellence Riviera Cancun and once at Excellence Playa Mujeres (also in Cancun). This chain has two locations in the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana and El Carmen. We have looked into one of those options but keep going back to Riviera in Mexico. Mostly because flights are so much better to Cancun then they are to the Dominican Republic, where you have to take a red-eye out of Edmonton and then leave Toronto in the morning.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald J View Post
We're big fans of the Excellence brand. Six years straight now, five at Excellence Riviera Cancun and once at Excellence Playa Mujeres (also in Cancun). This chain has two locations in the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana and El Carmen. We have looked into one of those options but keep going back to Riviera in Mexico. Mostly because flights are so much better to Cancun then they are to the Dominican Republic, where you have to take a red-eye out of Edmonton and then leave Toronto in the morning.
X2 on Excellence Riviera Cancun
best service we have had ever at an all inclusive
also not a huge place like so many in the mayan

Orv