Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justfishin73 View Post
CDB oil worked wonders for me---hunt hard from Sept 1st on---joints were killing me and feeling pretty beat up—tipping 50 and all. Started using the oil and feeling much better---joints don’t sound like a cement mixer. Feel MUCH better, and will continue to use it.
Agreed. I've been using ReLeaf CBD tincture for the past couple of months, and am amazed by the results. I don not use any other medications, over the counter or prescription. I only take some if I'm feeling arthritis pain, or if I'm going for a long hike, I will take a dose prior to the hike, and then again afterward. The oil that I'm using does not contain any THC and I have not noticed any side effects.
Give it a try Thumper!
Old 11-19-2019, 06:32 PM

Take HGH before you go out. I find it keeps muscle burn to a minimum.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:51 PM

I'll be 62 in a few weeks, took up yoga (without tights) 4 years ago, amazing benefits. Went on line and found workout for my core, variation of planks, pushups, elastic band workout...…..up at 5;45 every morning and do an hour and a half to start the day off...…..

Works for me....
Old 11-19-2019, 09:02 PM

Functional fitness, squatting(Even with no weight), lunges, push ups, sit ups, walking, running if you can. And something everyone should be taking and I know it has helped me a ton is Creatine. Best I have found that doesn't give bloat is from Blonyx. Clean, tastes like dirty socks but added to coffee or a sports drink and you cant taste it.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:40 AM

Default sore muscles

Best cure for stiff muscles, is do not get old. However to be more serious, my hunting partners daughter is a Doc in Edmonton. She explained to him most sore muscle is lack of Calcium in your diet. Next time when sheep hunting eat a chuck of mountain. ( Calcium carbonate/limestone) Guys joking around a little but keep up your "Ca" intake it will help along with regular exercise.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:54 PM

Some great tips gents - Thanks. I'll be talking to my family doctor about CBD tincture to get a referral, and try some of the other tips as well. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2019, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Some great tips gents - Thanks. I'll be talking to my family doctor about CBD tincture to get a referral, and try some of the other tips as well. Thanks!
https://canvasrx.com/
Forget your Family Doctor. Use the link above and fill out the proper paper work and your Family Doctor will thank you for leaving him out of the process. The above link and appointments will give you everything you need to know. As well as an appointment with a REAL Doctor that can subscribe CBD and THC
Old 11-21-2019, 08:07 PM

Default Yoga

Some great advice here, particularly with stretching, walking, and regular activity (note i didn't say exercise). Plain and simple. There is no denying getting older. Yoga is awesome. There is no magic or easy answer. As someone else said, stay away from pills and meds.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:08 PM

I just turned 63 in October. I had a knee replaced and 3 level fusion surgery in my back. It’s very hard to stay active some days. I try to do maintenance stretching every day. Easy stuff. I do some assisted squats and standing stretches. I know it’s very easy to become lethargic and just sit and relax. That’s the worst possible thing you can do. Stay a active as you can. I’m starting yoga in January. I still hunt but maybe a little closer to the truck. I’m still recovering from a heart attack I took while mule deer hunting n Wyoming last October. Just remember to enjoy your free time. Take care.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:49 PM

Question for the CBD folks. What kind of a dose, and how often does it last?

I've played around with what I figure are about 5mg doses and I'm not finding much benefit. Am I way low?
Old 11-21-2019, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bigglesworth View Post
Question for the CBD folks. What kind of a dose, and how often does it last?

I've played around with what I figure are about 5mg doses and I'm not finding much benefit. Am I way low?
I'm using 15 mg 3 times a day..If you go to the link I posted and talk to the Doctor, you will get the amount of CBD you need and adjust from there
Old 11-21-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
I'm using 15 mg 3 times a day..If you go to the link I posted and talk to the Doctor, you will get the amount of CBD you need and adjust from there
Interesting. I'll check 'er out.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:53 PM

For you guys using the CBD oil, do you find it expensive?

A buddy bought some from the local pot store and it was like $5 a shot and he was taking 3 a day. Does that sound right? I’m not sure how anyone could afford that.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:17 PM
Banned

I have found the best way to get over the aches and pains is to do it all over again the next day.

CBD does work very well when used regularly but it does take a while for each individual to get the full benefits as it takes time to build up. I have found it makes me sleepy in large doses.

For the smoker I recommend Aurora Temple brand cannabis. It’s about 0.03 THC and up to 12% CBD. The flavour is amazing when vaped and you will be good to pee in a cup three days after launching a cannon. I find it does give you a very brief buzz that invigorates creativity and then tapers off to a calm sense of well being. I recommend it!

A person can always find a strain to grow such as Freedom Dream to harvest the high levels of CBD as well
Old 11-22-2019, 08:36 PM

Got an epidural cortisone injection yesterday. I can Dance, funny, never could before. Was taking serious Tylenol before, better already.

Grizz
Old 11-22-2019, 08:57 PM

Remy Martin (VSOP) works for me!
Old 11-25-2019, 12:33 PM

Get some young guys for hunting partners.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pembina View Post
Get some young guys for hunting partners.
LOL - with my crew you frequently here things like, "Anybody under the age of 60.........." I'm the youngest in the crew unless my hunting partner's son comes along and then I simply say, "Anybody under the age of 40...."

I have arthritis in my hands and my back is totally buggered. Oddly enough, it's ok when I'm sitting or laying down but is a real problem when I'm erect too long or walk too much. I've had surgery on my left knee twice and the right one once. So I have limitations and try to live within them. Long hikes are just plain out of the question. So is dragging a deer for any real distance. I just can't do it.

I passed up a nice whitetail buck this year because he was standing on the top edge of a deep river valley and facing the valley and I didn't have the roll of 3/8" rope I usually have in my truck (picked it up the next day). Had I shot him, with one jump he would have been down 30' vertically and I couldn't have dragged him up by hand and couldn't make 3 or 4 trips up and down to haul him out in pieces. FWIW, I got another buck in the same spot the next day only he was 20 yards out into the field and never made it to the river valley so I didn't have to worry about getting him up the bank even though I did have the rope that time.

I don't get much exercise, I can't. But bending and stretching definitely help with flexibility and is about the only thing that'll help my back. I find using my hands helps a lot to loosen them up. Of the 6 deer I was involved with harvesting this year (my 3, two for a newbie I took out and one for my younger brother - his first) I field dressed all of them, skinned almost all of them and butchered all but the two the newbie got........he took those into a butcher. I have to work a little slower when the hands are swollen and aching but I can still "git'er done". I find once I get going, they loosen up and move easier and hurt less too.

I find that taking a dose of extra strength ibuprofen before going to sleep helps me a lot when everything is aching. Along with the bending and stretching I do ok considering my limitations.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***
Old 11-25-2019, 03:07 PM

Guys already mention low calcium related to soar muscles/cramps direct from Doctor. If you want to smoke THC go ahead but never been medically proven as a drug under proper drug trials.