Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 PM

Default Last call for Trappers - 4 rifles to raffle off

Well this really is getting close to last call for April 13th Trappers Event and Potluck in Drayton Valley.

ATA members have worked hard to get huge amounts of donated items for silent auction PLUS 4 Rifles for raffle: .22 mag, .17, .204, and .243 and a chainsaw.

Presentation on Thompson MB Fur Tables this past winter.

All outdoorsmen welcome. Over 100 in attendance last spring.

At Easyford Hall, 3 -9pm, Sat Apr 13th. Hall is on 621 (Cynthia Hwy) just before you cross pembina river as you travel west.

Admission - Food of any kind.

10% of proceeds to ATA and another 10% to Stollery Childrens Hospital

Guaranteed good visiting and lots of good fun. GG
Old 04-10-2013, 07:56 PM

Talking

Wow, I can't get money up there in time, Gary!! How much are tickets on the guns, i.e. the .204? Do you trust me to send you a cheque??

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 04-10-2013, 08:03 PM

Molly, sure you could send me a cheque. They are $10 per ticket for all the guns. Each ticket is specific to the gun you are interested in. So if you are interested in .243 send me a private message and I will give you my address and buy some for you at event on Saturday. We had 2 guns donated last year.. so 4 was a pleasant shocker. Great support here for the local... which in turn helps the provincial ATA.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:10 AM

We look forward to it, had a great time last year.
Doug
Old 04-11-2013, 06:48 PM

oh dear wish i knew about this .. lol i would love to buy tickets for the 22 mag ..
Old 04-14-2013, 03:25 PM

Default D.V. Family Get Together

Great afternoon, Gary and crew ! All items were great, had trouble deciding what to bid on there were so many great items!
Food was fabulous,and the deserts even more so -
Too bad the weather got so bad.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:33 AM

I agree it was a great aftenoon and the food was excellent !! The silent auction had lots of great items and I won the 22mag !
Old 04-15-2013, 08:22 AM

Yes, family, food and friendship, a good combination. I missed the Henry rifle by one number, sooooooo close, and ate way too much. Pretty good bunch in the DV local and AJ's presentation was very interesting. Gonna try and get to the bar-b-q in August.
Doug
Old 04-15-2013, 12:38 PM

Considering weather, we sure did well. Hall was almost full, and we counted about 110 in attendance. So many cancelled... what could it have been? In any case, 2 years in a row we have been hammered by snowstorms or freezing ice roads... SO - next year it will be the last saturday in April. This should be safe right? ha

Thanks to all of the people that put so much time into the event. Special thanks go to Gary M, Chad M, Jonas, Jesse for finding so many donations to auctions. Thanks to Sherry and Heidi, Tanya, Greg and all other people that made it happen.

Final dollar count will be in tonight. We did good though. Will support Youth trapping courses, ATA, Stollery Hospital, Wolf and Beaver programs AND the BBQ and Trapper event day on the last Saturday in August. We take NO money in at the August event, but give out steaks, prizes and trapping demos.

And, last but not least - thanks to AJ Callbeck for putting on a great presentation on the Thompson Fur Tables. Fascinating stuff.

Thanks to all the people that attended the Potluck - we appreciate it. For those that just couldnt get through the weather issues... see you next year!

Gary
Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 PM

Good on you for doing that Gary!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:09 PM

You guys set the bar for us other locals man, tough act to follow. We're going to have to give away free beer or something.

I would have liked to have heard AJ talk. I still remember a piece he did on waiting for a coffee pot to perk, it was real fine writing.