Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-19-2013, 10:29 PM

Default Any one have things stolen?

Every winter I have a few things go missing out of the cabin, fire wood a bottle of rum, rye and some even stay and have a cup of joe I usually don't mind. But this spring I went to do some ice out rat trappin and I have 32 one twenties that were neatly stored in a milk crate that aren't there! In late January i had a couple visitors on quads and the gas cans were used and allot of fire wood was burnt. Iam pretty sure they also helped themselves to a milk crate of trapps and Iam really p1sed off. I don't usually vent but the a holes will have a nasty surprise if they show up again next year. The same ones show up on the trail cams the same time every year last 5 years. The fish and fur also want them caught for other reasons and they will get a criminal record for it. Happy Friday every one.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:21 AM

that sucks! i think we'll see more theft,vanidalizam in the future as fur prices rise.dirtbags!!

if the 120's where old school, and you where going to use them for rats. i can can give you 3 doz(uncertifide) 120's that i have on my marten line, that i can't use out here any more. give them to you in the fall, at a scta assc meeting.

spell check isn't working,sorry.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Gone Hunting

It's always sad to hear about human trash like that. It's good to see you trying to nail them and take some positive action. Good luck with that and I hope they enjoy their surprise.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 AM

I understand your frustration. I am not sure its in your best interests to advertise your intended sting operation. I would keep it on the downlow I think.

I sure hope you catch the scumbags.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:28 AM

Sorry to hear that, RG! Would it be law-abiding to post pictures from your trail cam in the event someone on here would recognize them? Or does F&W have a "wanted" poster up somewhere?
Do you keep your cabin locked and they break in?

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:51 AM

And then ASA wont's you guy,s to welcome snowmobilers on to your trails .
Old 04-20-2013, 11:32 AM

Default Trapline Thieves...or THIEVES IN GENERAL

yaaa know.....I even have compassion for people suffering from addictions...as long as they don't fund their addiction by stealing.

There is one thing I have never and will not tolerate...and it's theft !
I don't care if it's a 3 dollar item or a FERRARI.....you steal from hard working individuals...you are nothing more than useless scum,breathing good air the rest of us could utilize !

I completely support you in your quest to catch these %#***@@@#$$,,ers

They'd be alot better off facing a judge than being caught by a peed off trapper.
I hope the pukes get whats coming
Old 04-20-2013, 11:46 AM

Yeah its these type of people who steal trail cams, tree stands, and root though camp when no ones around. Last summer i had the paddles stolen out of my canoe.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardBias View Post
Yeah its these type of people who steal trail cams, tree stands, and root though camp when no ones around. Last summer i had the paddles stolen out of my canoe.
Sh1t creek?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:05 PM

I wouldnt say it put me up that creek, but it almost put a stop to our trip. We wanted to canoe around the lake and try some fishing. Lucky for us the world isnt full of scum bags. Our camp ground neibours lent us a pair. Trip saved. haha
Old 04-21-2013, 10:08 AM

Default Bad apples

Hope you find out who they are and they get punished if it was them.

I`m the snowmobile guy here trying to make things better on my trail section. Not all non-trapper trail users are doing this. Lets put the paintbrush away. I am working with the trappers along my section of trail and have had no issues that I have been told of. The future will tell as more trail users are out there.
I think the camera idea is a good one if you can prove it was them. Proving is a tough thing to do and we shouldn`t take matters into our own hands.
I sure don't want to see you trappers have to lock your cabins up but sometimes you have to do just that.
The way people are treating others in this world is getting bad. If its not yours leave it alone.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 AM

Default Traps

Hi RG,

I have 2 dozen Victors brand new in the box still, if you or any other Rat trappers want them, you can have them. I trap out at Nordegg and will bring them back to Calgary next time I go out, 1st week of May.
People like that steal from Trappers or anyone else need to be put down, plain and simple !!!

Thanks,
Gabby
Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 AM

Im a sledder and when out we have come across trappers cabins, alot of times we didnt know a cabin was at the end of a trail or road until we got there. That being said, we always enjoyed having a look at the place, NEVER would even think of trying to go inside any of the buildings. Whats wrong with people these days. Best times coming across back woods trapping cabins are when the owners are there. Get to say hello and meet some nice people. Hope you find out who is stealing your stuff.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:33 PM

Back in the early 1990 they cleaned my cabin out, even took the wood stove.

That is why there is no cabin on the new line. Had some coyotes go for a walk and one marten set, so why go to the work of building a cabin.

some day I'll shoot a deer bigger than my son's.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 PM

Snowmobile Club out of Bonnyville lost 2 wood stoves before they finally welded it down on a steel plate bolted thru the floor. Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up. Just a idea
Old 04-23-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailguy View Post
Snowmobile Club out of Bonnyville lost 2 wood stoves before they finally welded it down on a steel plate bolted thru the floor. Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up. Just a idea
SSS no kidding!!!

some day I'll shoot a deer bigger than my son's.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:54 AM

It sure was a nce gesture ,to let guys use your cabin now and then,but these guys are total losers ,i know if had to use someones cabin ,id leave a note of my being there,and cut more wood or whatever ,it would be the same as i found it.To bad this kind throws a blanket of doubt on everyone to bad ..hope you can sort it out thanks. and good luck.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.