Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
No. Where is it ordained that all are equal? Who says that you? Were not. Normal distribution? That means evryone pays attention in school exactly the same. No one drops out. No one has any different input or commitment level.
That’s never going to happen anywhere. Without people excelling we would all be living in caves.
Ever read about Elih Whitney? How about Martin Luther King, maybe Dr. Ben Carson? The list is endless with people who came from nothing and made a decision of responsibility and moved on.
What about our NFL over 70% black. How about the NBA over 80% black... those guys chose a sport, avoided gang life and drugs and excellled.
I’m a breed who people would say has done very well when most Indians here don’t. I made decisions on where I wanted to be and worked for them and didn’t accept a single handout nor did I crave some phony minority status. As far as things said to me? Here, try this, sticks and stones......
In this country the options are endless for minority’s if they want them. First they have to get off their cans and earn them and avoid people like you encouraging phones excuses.

Osky
You can cite all the anecdotes you want - they're meaningless. What percentage of the population is employed as a professional athlete? Does it make sense to you to take this small group and make inferences for the entire country? Think long and hard on that one.

If you want the truth you have to take a step back and look at the big picture. Look at the average income of our first nations population and compare it to the mean. Do the same in the US for their African American population. Look at which groups make up our prison population. Are all these numbers just coincidence? Maybe there is something else at play here...
Old 06-24-2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittman View Post
You can cite all the anecdotes you want - they're meaningless. What percentage of the population is employed as a professional athlete? Does it make sense to you to take this small group and make inferences for the entire country? Think long and hard on that one.

If you want the truth you have to take a step back and look at the big picture. Look at the average income of our first nations population and compare it to the mean. Do the same in the US for their African American population. Look at which groups make up our prison population. Are all these numbers just coincidence? Maybe there is something else at play here...
Coincidence? Noooo more like if you do the crime you do the time. Choices have meanings wether your rich or poor or anywhere in between.

Osky