Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Banned

Ok, looks like he had about 5 minutes to edit. Didn't tag after the reply.

Funny that with all the quoting going on no one quoted any of it. Even in the posts that they quoted him and then complained about the nature of his post.

Last edited by Vindalbakken; 12-29-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:27 PM

He edited as soon as a ban was suggested.

Quote:
Funny that with all the quoting going on no one quoted any of it. Even in the posts that they quoted him and then complained about the nature of his post.
The moderators do not appreciate quoting derogatory remarks,because they then have to edit the quotes to get rid of the remarks.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

Anyway, you guys were successful in berating and baiting a person till they lost their temper and said something they shouldn't have and got booted. Hope you are proud of your behavior in this fiasco.

As I said before, Grade 3 playground behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindalbakken
He apologized for his behavior, which was more honor than I saw from any of the instigators and agitators in this thread.

Last edited by Vindalbakken; 12-29-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
He edited as soon as a ban was suggested.
Which would have to have been less than 5 minutes after they were made.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Anyway, you guys were successful in berating and baiting a person till they lost their temper and said something they shouldn't have and got booted. Hope you are proud of your behavior in this fiasco.
Not quite the way that it happened.He posted a claim that was challenged,which put him in a defensive mode where he himself made accusations.When the person that he accused responded to defend himself,he became very abusive and made derogatory remarks about a city and a province.When it was pointed out that a person could be banned for such remarks,he began editing,and made the comment that he could care less about the moderators and this forum.The moderators became involved,and he was banned.You tried to defend his actions,you would not accept that he had posted what he was accused of posting and proposed a test to prove that he could not have edited his posts.The test was conducted and disproved your theory.End of story.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned

Again your perception of reality is distorted. Never did I state that he could not have edited the posts - simply establishing the time frame in which it had to have been done.

No honor.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Never did I state that he could not have edited the posts -
You did post

Quote:
If he edited it was shortly after posting and before anyone else replied or quoted.
You did post that he could not have edited his post after any else replied in an effort to prove that he could not have edited his posts after a ban was mentioned by other posters.Of course this was proven wrong in your own test.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindalbakken View Post

As I said before, Grade 3 playground behavior.
Don't know as I can find any evidence of him being berated nor baited. He reacted in a very durogatory manner towards Cat, name calling etc. Taking a cheap shot at me, which by the way bounced right off like water off a duck's back. Am I proud of it?...no, but good ridance. If he couldn't behave himself in a gentlemenly fashion and within the rules of this board, then once again, good ridance. For sure, we don't always see eye to eye and disagreement are par for the course, but at the end of the day, show some respect for those that provide good experiences and positive feedback to those asking. He came off with only 14 posts as little jerk. Yes, he did apologize, but much to his demeanor, it was too late. So move on.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Don't know as I can find any evidence of him being berated nor baited.
Wouldn't expect you to. Nor any of the others involved.

.......Moving along.

Sleep well.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wouldn't expect you to. Nor any of the others involved.

.......Moving along.

Sleep well.
Didn't think so, you have a good sleep Vin, as I know I will. Happy new year to you.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's about it. Hotroddin misreads the original post and posts what he thinks is helpful information regarding tightening groups. Dick284 starts in on him. The playground wannabees start stretching the story. Catinthehat gets his panties in a wad. Then the playground wannabees pile on with speculation, innuendo and red herrings till hotroddin gets mad. Instigators and agitators step back pointing fingers at hotroddin wanting "justice" for his poor behavior.

No different than Grade 3 playground supervision.

Now that I have read from the beginning, Vindalbakken that has to be the most coherent and accurate post in this thread.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Now that I have read from the beginning, Vindalbakken that has to be the most coherent and accurate post in this thread.
Except that you never had the opportunity to read the original unedited posts by 4roddin.If you saw the language used and the unprovoked attacks on Newfoundlanders and the residents of Fort Mcmurray by 4roddin,you might very well see things differently.

And as far as I can tell from his posts,Vindalbakken did not see the original unedited posts,so his opinion is not based on the original unedited posts either..

Last edited by elkhunter11; 12-29-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 PM

That could very well be elkhunter, just reading what is written.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roddin View Post
Have you tried adjusting the COAL with the best group you have to make it slightly longer. Are you shooting off a stand or sandbags? With a caliber like .17fireball your groups should be better than that....my .204Ruger will same hole 3 shot groups and 5shot usually come in around the .25 range or so....What kind of gun are you shooting??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
4roddin

Post for me five groups on one target, shot at 100 yards please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roddin View Post
Here a pic if you want a full size send me your email I had to shrink it ALOT to fit the format needed for the site.
A guy comes on here trying to give advice on how to shrink groups, is demanded proof and posts up a pic right away.

I didn't see any gross exaggeration in the post, yet buddy somehow gets called out and railroaded. Buddy didn't handle himself very well, but don't tease a strange dog and complain when it barks.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
That could very well be elkhunter, just reading what is written.
And there is probably nothing deserving banishment in the edited posts that remain,so why was he banned?The only logical explanation is that the moderators did see some of the material that was later edited out,material that people like Vindalbakken,Traps and RancheroMan did not get to see before passing judgement.However,some of us did see all of the material before it was edited out,so unlike those people, we are in a position to have an informed opinion.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:44 PM

I saw 4roddin's pre-edit posts and they were rude.

AND his apology came too late.

HOWEVER, it may be our loss in the long run that he is banned. His contribution to the OP's excellent thread was just as useful, imo.

4roddin was saying, and proving with a .jpg of his .204 groups, that COAL experiments are useful to fine-tune an otherwise good load.

Here is 4roddin's useful contribution, presented in a constructive tone:

Quote: "Have you tried adjusting the COAL with the best group you have to make it slightly longer. Are you shooting off a stand or sandbags? With a caliber like .17fireball your groups should be better than that....my .204Ruger will same hole 3 shot groups and 5shot usually come in around the .25 range or so....What kind of gun are you shooting??"

and

"Here a pic if you want a full size send me your email I had to shrink it ALOT to fit the format needed for the site."
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attac...5&d=1262021043

Here is 4roddin's load data for his .204:

powder: 28.3 gr Win748
bullet: 40gr Berger
COAL: 2.245" 2.255" 2.265" 2.276"
Group size: .642" .704" .343" .286"
Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post
I saw 4roddin's pre-edit posts and they were rude.

AND his apology came too late.

HOWEVER, it may be our loss in the long run that he is banned. His contribution to the OP's excellent thread was just as useful, imo.

4roddin was saying, and proving with a .jpg of his .204 groups, that COAL experiments are useful to fine-tune an otherwise good load.

Here is 4roddin's useful contribution, presented in a constructive tone:

Quote: "Have you tried adjusting the COAL with the best group you have to make it slightly longer. Are you shooting off a stand or sandbags? With a caliber like .17fireball your groups should be better than that....my .204Ruger will same hole 3 shot groups and 5shot usually come in around the .25 range or so....What kind of gun are you shooting??"

and

"Here a pic if you want a full size send me your email I had to shrink it ALOT to fit the format needed for the site."
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attac...5&d=1262021043

Here is 4roddin's load data for his .204:

powder: 28.3 gr Win748
bullet: 40gr Berger
COAL: 2.245" 2.255" 2.265" 2.276"
Group size: .642" .704" .343" .286"

I know 4roddin and he recommended this forum after seeing it a few times and told me there were alot of good guys on here and that I should check it out as there was alot of info to be shared. It really is this sites loss to no longer have him here. He has no interest in coming back on account of how it was handled. I have shot along sit 4rod well basically since were a couple you kids blasting gophers and pop cans with our old single shot junk cooeys up until today. His character is not one to gloat or otherwise be untruthful. I have lost alot of money to him over the years on goofy bets I encouraged and know for certainty he has an ability that nobody else I know has. His grandfather was a gunsmith/machinist by trade and has taught him as much of his 60years of shooting as he had time to allow (he's been gone a few years now). The situation is really comical the few guys here that felt the need to call him out for no reason is funny to me because I know who he really is and do I think he handled things totally right no. But even in the aftermath I see Vindalbakken trying to make sense of why he was called out unfairly to the point of reprocussions and even at that those involved choose not to accept any fault. Whatever I guess it all comes out in the wash. Too bad...a good guy gone...for what?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:27 PM

Well, I'm glad there are informed people following this thread, keeping the Internet safe for all of us.

A tip of the hat to the informed, the forum is defiantly a better place for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And there is probably nothing deserving banishment in the edited posts that remain,so why was he banned?The only logical explanation is that the moderators did see some of the material that was later edited out,material that people like Vindalbakken,Traps and RancheroMan did not get to see before passing judgement.However,some of us did see all of the material before it was edited out,so unlike those people, we are in a position to have an informed opinion.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
HOWEVER, it may be our loss in the long run that he is banned.
And that is the sad part,if he had been able to control his temper,he could have been a valuable asset on the forum.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:46 PM

Or if you and your buddies chose not to harass him things wouldnt have got to that. No need for that kinda stuff not here or on any forum. Everyone is here to get info give info. Not give info get harassed get banned.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:53 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyV View Post
I know 4roddin and he recommended this forum after seeing it a few times and told me there were alot of good guys on here and that I should check it out as there was alot of info to be shared. It really is this sites loss to no longer have him here. He has no interest in coming back on account of how it was handled. I have shot along sit 4rod well basically since were a couple you kids blasting gophers and pop cans with our old single shot junk cooeys up until today. His character is not one to gloat or otherwise be untruthful. I have lost alot of money to him over the years on goofy bets I encouraged and know for certainty he has an ability that nobody else I know has. His grandfather was a gunsmith/machinist by trade and has taught him as much of his 60years of shooting as he had time to allow (he's been gone a few years now). The situation is really comical the few guys here that felt the need to call him out for no reason is funny to me because I know who he really is and do I think he handled things totally right no. But even in the aftermath I see Vindalbakken trying to make sense of why he was called out unfairly to the point of reprocussions and even at that those involved choose not to accept any fault. Whatever I guess it all comes out in the wash. Too bad...a good guy gone...for what?
Hopefully it's just a temporary ban and he comes back. Looking at the targets he posted and the info he passed along, I suspect there's a lot to be learned from him. Don't judge the entire board by the actions of a few. Sometimes it's best to turn the other cheek and stay out of the dick measuring contests and other times you get sucked right into them. Hopefully he comes back.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Or if you and your buddies chose not to harass him things wouldnt have got to that. No need for that kinda stuff not here or on any forum. Everyone is here to get info give info. Not give info get harassed get banned.
He was banned because of what he posted,not because of anything anyone else posted.He can't blame anyone else for what he chose to post.He openly attacked all Newfoundlanders and all residents of Fort Mcmurray with very derogatory name calling and insinuations. No need for that kinda stuff not here or on any forum.The irony is,that the person that he was directing his attack at,is not even a Newfoundlander.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Hopefully it's just a temporary ban and he comes back. Looking at the targets he posted and the info he passed along, I suspect there's a lot to be learned from him. Don't judge the entire board by the actions of a few. Sometimes it's best to turn the other cheek and stay out of the dick measuring contests and other times you get sucked right into them. Hopefully he comes back.
I hope so too, we had a potential deal underway.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:58 AM

He said the estimate time of the ban being lifted said NEVER...thats a really long time LOL. He wont be back if thats the case...too bad
Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyV View Post
He said the estimate time of the ban being lifted said NEVER...thats a really long time LOL. He wont be back if thats the case...too bad
Yikes, he must have really said some things he shouldn't have. Too bad.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:36 AM

LMFAO! WHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Its like a bunch of girls crying because she said this and she said that, so we arnt talking to her anymore. lol. Sorry to any girls on here but i'm sure they would agree. I can't belive i waste my time reading this crap. It was good until the guy was hit from all directions with thats not .25moa or my one hole group is bla bla bla. Just let the guy live guys! Theres bigger things to worry about than questioning .25moa to .35moa. He was just trying to help buddie shrink his groups. And yes maybe he didn't read the first post very well but it became more about calling someone out on .010moa differents than why guys come on hereIn the first place, Or is that why you guys are here? For blood. Take a step back, live and let live. Some of you guys are way to uptight on here. Not saying its ok to name call or whatever but Whaaaaaa! lol

Last edited by jaybull; 12-31-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Not cuz i said anything about where your from.lol
Old 12-31-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybull View Post
LMFAO! WHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Its like a bunch of girls crying because she said this and she said that, so we arnt talking to her anymore. lol. Sorry to any girls on here but i'm sure they would agree. I can't belive i waste my time reading this crap. It was good until the guy was hit from all directions with thats not .25moa or my one hole group is bla bla bla. Just let the guy live guys! Theres bigger things to worry about than questioning .25moa to .35moa. He was just trying to help buddie shrink his groups. And yes maybe he didn't read the first post very well but it became more about calling someone out on .010moa differents than why guys come on hereIn the first place, Or is that why you guys are here? For blood. Take a step back, live and let live. Some of you guys are way to uptight on here. Not saying its ok to name call or whatever but Whaaaaaa! lol

Amen , brother , Amen.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:37 PM

There certainly are a few regulars on this site that lost some of my respect in this thread.....