Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roddin View Post
I dont recall saying it would do it all day long or everytime but I was making a generalization that varmint calibers should give sub moa groups and mine at the range when developing the load I use came up with those results. I had the gun previously sighted in with hornady vmax factory loads and put 20 shells through it with various lengths and that is what I got. So if you think I am trying to B.S brag or lie that is definately not in my character and if you are gonna highjack a perfectly legitimate thread then thats too bad. You may think you are better than everyone on here but your not Cat. I will shoot to prove myself anytime you see fit. That is what I do during all my spare time and I have more than proven myself to anyone who knows me. Those were my results and if I took my gun to the range again with those loads I am certain I can nearly duplicate them. But you can keep spouting off with your Fort Crack ego and discredit yourself that way and thats fine by me cause I really dont care what you have to say.
There'll be a postal match and some rodeo shoots coming up real soon, we all look forward to seeing you there, no problem eh?
Old 12-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
There'll be a postal match and some rodeo shoots coming up real soon, we all look forward to seeing you there, no problem eh?
Name the caliber and distance and I will definately attend.
D
Old 12-28-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
So if you think I am trying to B.S brag or lie that is definately not in my character
Yet you have no issues with trying to degrade an entire city or province.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Yet you have no issues with trying to degrade an entire city or province.
I think that city and province do it to themselves and real albertans would more than agree.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
D
You don't ATTEND a postal match, you participate in it.
And FWIW, I am not from the east coast, and never have been to Newfoundland, but you likely just offended a bunch on the board who are with your B.S.
Cat
Old 12-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Banned

I would have to say farmers made alberta long before fort Crack came about that being said I think the oilfield has ruined this province and I love the onset of recession I think its hilarious all the people without work can now beat it and stop poaching our rural lands....
Old 12-28-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I would have to say farmers made alberta long before fort Crack came about that being said I think the oilfield has ruined this province and I love the onset of recession I think its hilarious all the people without work can now beat it and stop poaching our rural lands....
Do you REALLY think that everybody that lives in Ft. McMurray is from somewhere else and only ruin things for "real Albertans"?
You really should pay attention to what you are saying , as you are not making any amount of sense....
Pretty much done here with this crap, you should maybe apologize to those Easterners that you have offended here, even if it was aimed at myself.
I really am sorry for being drawn into this crap shoot.
Cat
Old 12-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
D
If you knew anything about anything, you'd know that it would be posted here in the near future. But as I'm a fortune teller as well, I see your future here as dark, dismall and short. Therefore, I'm sure that our esteemed members will shortly have you in their "ignore" list...
Old 12-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you knew anything about anything, you'd know that it would be posted here in the near future. But as I'm a fortune teller as well, I see your future here as dark, dismall and short. Therefore, I'm sure that our esteemed members will shortly have you in their "ignore" list...
Kinda like your mind
Old 12-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Banned

looks like a shotgun pattern to me

targets are cheap online, like Free, shoot and change target all those holes confuses me
Old 12-28-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
he just made mine.
Cat
Old 12-28-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Pretty much done here with this crap, you should maybe apologize to those Easterners that you have offended here, even if it was aimed at myself.
I am not from the East,and as an Albertan,that has worked and paid taxes here for 30 years,I find it embarrassing to see that someone who claims to be a "real Albertan" would post such rubbish.

Quote:
Therefore, I'm sure that our esteemed members will shortly have you in their "ignore" list...
Unless of course the moderators ban him first for his posts.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Banned

Banned.....7,6,5,4,......
Old 12-28-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Banned.....7,6,5,4,..
He must be thinking about it,because it appears that someone has been doing some editing on his posts to remove some derogatory names.

I wonder if the moderators can see what was posted before his editing.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Banned

He's offline so mommy can shop eBay to decorate the trailer.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:55 PM

He is offline,but he cleaned up most of his posts first.He may have wanted to appear to be the tough guy,but going back and cleaning up his posts to hide what he posted proves otherwise.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnhat
I am not on any kind of ego trip as some might suspect or infer, and if I insulted or belittled anybody in anyone's eyes, it is simply because I am a bit tired of people saying stuff like " I can hit golf balls all day long at 500" or " I can shoot one hole groups" or " my rifle can shoot ..250 all day long".

I do not exaggerate when I say I have a rifle that will shoot .5 MOA all day long, however I never have, and never will.
I have owned many rifles that have shot that tight, but NEVER all day long , or consistently - it simply does not happen that way.

And for the record, I have never shied away from a match , be it postal or live, have won a few Nats as well as Provincial matches over the years, but I have also blown more than a few because of stupid mistakes, fatigue or simply being out shot by better shooters.
so ya, I may have an attitude according to some but it is usually misread as such.......
Cat
Well I certainly never, ever take your comments or rebutals as being ego driven Cat. As a somewhat experienced shooter and reloader myself, I can honestly say that I look up to you as a straight shooter...pardon the pun
Yeah, no blustering or ego in that post. And what's with all the red herrings?

The playground bullies made another one lose his temper. Too bad.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I am not on any kind of ego trip as some might suspect or infer, and if I insulted or belittled anybody in anyone's eyes, it is simply because I am a bit tired of people saying stuff like " I can hit golf balls all day long at 500" or " I can shoot one hole groups" or " my rifle can shoot ..250 all day long".

I do not exaggerate when I say I have a rifle that will shoot .5 MOA all day long, however I never have, and never will.
I have owned many rifles that have shot that tight, but NEVER all day long , or consistently - it simply does not happen that way.

And for the record, I have never shied away from a match , be it postal or live, have won a few Nats as well as Provincial matches over the years, but I have also blown more than a few because of stupid mistakes, fatigue or simply being out shot by better shooters.
so ya, I may have an attitude according to some but it is usually misread as such.......
Cat
I look up to and respect the man that i just saw here. Hope i can be this open and honest some day. Thanks CatNTheHat.

CoyoteChallenger
Old 12-28-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I look up to and respect the man that i just saw here. Hope i can be this open and honest some day. Thanks CatNTheHat.
I have known him for many years,and he has always been that open and honest.And he is a dedicated hunter and shooter,when I was at the range today in the blowing snow,and -14 temperature,the only people that were there were myself,the Cat,and one other shooter.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Banned

Sorry all involved I just get a little ****ed when called a B.Ser and I was way out of line and I am sorry to all involved and the east coast.
Sincerely
4roddin
Old 12-29-2009, 05:25 AM

I'm at a loss.
A guy puts up a good post to illustrate why you can't predict which load a rifle will like.
You know as a bit of a heads up to those asking advice in these matters.

Some guy comes on suggests something totally irrelevent to the intent of the post.

Some of the claims as posted in the irrelevent post get questioned by a few folks who know where the bear craps in the buck wheat.

And from there the thread death spiraled.

Gitrdun, can I borrow your knife?

There are no absolutes
Old 12-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Banned

Yeah, that's about it. Hotroddin misreads the original post and posts what he thinks is helpful information regarding tightening groups. Dick284 starts in on him. The playground wannabees start stretching the story. Catinthehat gets his panties in a wad. Then the playground wannabees pile on with speculation, innuendo and red herrings till hotroddin gets mad. Instigators and agitators step back pointing fingers at hotroddin wanting "justice" for his poor behavior.

No different than Grade 3 playground supervision.

Last edited by Vindalbakken; 12-29-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 AM

I missed alot of something or other here. From what I read above there seems to have been quite a bit of editing since nothing looks to be bannable.
Gotta log in more frequently!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Banned

Anything that is edited after someone else posts in the thread shows up with a tag under it showing it was edited. Anything that is quoted does not change if it is subsequently edited by the original poster. There is no discrepancy between the posts by 4roddin and that which is quoted by others. There are no tags under his posts. If he edited it was shortly after posting and before anyone else replied or quoted.

He apologized for his behavior, which was more honor than I saw from any of the instigators and agitators in this thread.

Last edited by Vindalbakken; 12-29-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Banned

Looks like you get an edit tag 6 minutes after posting.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:29 PM

After reading this whole thread from start to finish it really looks like the wrong guy was banned. Simply gave input on a subject and was pounced on by the masses. As a new member I guess I cant ask questions or give feedback without potentially being verbally attacked berated etc. Too bad that 4roddin guy is gone just looks like a guy lost his temper a bit. But I guess in the end he learned his lesson. This site isnt full of fellow sportsmen but rather rude critics trying to antagonize the newer members. WOW that just sound like Jerry's final thought...lol have a good holiday season gents.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Anything that is edited after someone else posts in the thread shows up with a tag under it showing it was edited. Anything that is quoted does not change if it is subsequently edited by the original poster. There is no discrepancy between the posts by 4roddin and that which is quoted by others. There are no tags under his posts. If he edited it was shortly after posting and before anyone else replied or quoted.
His posts were definitely edited,the derogatory names that he used to refer to Newfoundlanders no longer appear,but they most certainly did exist in his posts before they were edited.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Looks like you get an edit tag 6 minutes after posting.
His most derogatory remarks appeared about 21 hours ago.Immediately after reading them,myself and gitrdun suggested that a ban might be forthcoming as a result of his posts.Almost immediately he began editing his posts to remove the derogatory remarks.Had you seen his remarks towards Newfoundlanders and the forum members,as well as his blatant statement that he could care less about the moderators,it isn't hard to understand why he would be banned.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Banned

Well elkhunter11, how about a test. You reply to this message and immediately after I will edit it to see if it gets tagged.

Done
Old 12-29-2009, 05:24 PM

Done and no edit tag,so much for that theory.